Best British Breakfast Downtown

Ulysses G.

The traditional English breakfast consists of eggs, bacon, sausages, fried bread, baked beans and mushrooms. Even though not many people will eat this for breakfast today, it is always served in hotels and guest houses around Britain.

The traditional English breakfast is called the 'Full English' and sometimes referred to as 'The Full English Fry-up'. :o

Last year City Life ran an article "The Big Breakfast", and the various places where compared and rated. The top score went to Queen Victory Inn. So shortly after I read the article I decided to pay a visit and have this top of the chart breakfast. What a disappointment!

All I got a was a huge plate with really nothing on it. Couple of beans, two small eggs and three tiny sausages with a typical Thai made bread/toast (the really cheap stuff from 7-11). :o

It was the first and last time I ever went there.

My vote goes for Mad Dog and Bake and Bite. :D

post-46636-1200105804_thumb.jpg

post-46636-1200105847_thumb.jpg

The Brittania hands down

They closed down about 4 (or more) years ago and became O'Malley's!! :o

Actually, I just found a web-site for a new Brittania in Chiang Mai.

"Set up by an Ex UK. Trucker and his wife THE BRITANNIA, was designed to accommodate Truckers, holidaying in Thailand, however its Popularity with Adventure seekers and Truckers Alike has created an atmosphere, unique in Chiang mai."

Nice web-site - missing only one small detail - the address??

We shall continue to serve the best breakfast and the best coffee in town.

I used to enjoy the British breakfast at the Hungry Horse before it closed down and I have heard good things about Queen Vic's but it is a long way for me to go. Is the breakfast at the Gatehouse pretty much the same? Any idea when you will be open again?

All being well & tradesmen performing to schedule, by the end of the month.

I believe you will find breakfast at Gatehouse better.

P.S. Contrary to rumour, and any comments by the staff, Hollingsworth does not have a shareholders mandate to sell Queen Victoria Inn. He would certainly like to sell it, and do a runner, but anyone foolish enough to pay over any money will be pouring their dosh down a hole. Check out Queen Victoria Pattaya web site.

I'm very reliably :D informed that the webmaster made a mistake and used an ancient menu on the web site, the correct modern day price (and still an absolute result) for that should be B100. I'm equally reliably informed that the menu on the site is being updated this week. :o

JxP

The webmaster didn't make a mistake, only acting on the information given by the manager.

The website is closed as you will see if you look at http://www.queenvicchiangmai.com. The web site will not be updated. The statement on the index page is correct.

In view of the legal complications involved regarding allegedly illegally changing directors' names and selling their shares I cannot say anything else.

Edited by BWPattaya

I'm very reliably :D informed that the webmaster made a mistake and used an ancient menu on the web site, the correct modern day price (and still an absolute result) for that should be B100. I'm equally reliably informed that the menu on the site is being updated this week. :o

JxP

The webmaster didn't make a mistake, only acting on the information given by the manager.

The website is closed as you will see if you look at http://www.queenvicchiangmai.com. The web site will not be updated. The statement on the index page is correct.

In view of the legal complications involved regarding allegedly illegally changing directors' names and selling their shares I cannot say anything else.

BWP - I think you have your wires crossed mate - I was talking about a specific item on the Mad Dog menu - I think you on the other hand are grinding an axe, take it easy.

JxP

• 3 weeks later...
Oh, gosh. I think that this is a sign from heaven that I should go have the full Monty at the Half Moon today, instead of working out at the gym! :o

:D

No, that there's the Devil talking. Think of it as his Satanic Majesty's request.