Australian Aged Pension

36 minutes ago, opalred said:

Thursday is the pay day if you are paid in oz bank if you get paid into Bangkok bank/it goes to citi bank thursday held till monday  9/30 am  /they have 4days to put it on world exchange  to make interest 

years ago i had mine put into oz bank but the withdraw fees to much  cheers

I only transfer $10K about three times a year from Oz to here, that only costs me $18 a time.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I only transfer $10K about three times a year from Oz to here, that only costs me $18 a time.

Macquarie bank, all done on-line, AUD15 per transfer (regardless of amount of transfer). Seems to appear in my Thai account more quickly than other transfer products I used in the past. 

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

According to my Centrelink calendar, payment should have been made on the 22nd of this month, so it's already 3 days late. If it isn't paid in by tomorrow I'll give them a ring.

Centrelink have been checking that all income declarations are up to date.

Have you responded to their question, if you have been asked recently?

My check up was done by them last week

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

According to my Centrelink calendar, payment should have been made on the 22nd of this month, so it's already 3 days late. If it isn't paid in by tomorrow I'll give them a ring.

I just checked my on-line bank statement, my centrelink/oap payment was deposited to my Aust. bank on 22 Oct 2020 (full payment).

1 minute ago, RJRS1301 said:

Have received nothing from them recently. Surely they wouldn't just stop payment without warning?

Just now, RJRS1301 said:

Mine also, I discovered this by checking on MyGov to see is any correspondence was needing attention. I check it every payday, takes 1 minute.

Just now, giddyup said:

Just checked, there's nothing there.

Then call them Monday morning.

If I call, about anything, I dial the 'older Australians' number 132 300 (within Australia, I don't know if outside OZ), always through quickly, polite, good listeners, clear answers.

4 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Then call them Monday morning.

If I call, about anything, I dial the 'older Australians' number 132 300 (within Australia, I don't know if outside OZ), always through quickly, polite, good listeners, clear answers.

I'm in Thailand.

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I'm in Thailand.

Take a look at this website:

https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/contact-us/phone-us/international-phone-numbers#centrelink

I think you can dial an Australian 1300 number from Thailand. I guess you start with 009 (or whatever, to get out of Thailand), then 61 then 1300 XXXXXXX 

Worth a try.

4 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Take a look at this website:

https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/contact-us/phone-us/international-phone-numbers#centrelink

I think you can dial an Australian 1300 number from Thailand. I guess you start with 009 (or whatever, to get out of Thailand), then 61 then 1300 XXXXXXX 

Worth a try.

I have the free international number for Thailand, it's 0018006114136.

16 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Just checked, there's nothing there.

Do not assume, because nothing is in the correspondence, that something has not happened.

I was verbally advised by Centrelink my access to the PBS was blocked, because I was deemed to be living overseas. Six months later nothing in writing has emerged.

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Do not assume, because nothing is in the correspondence, that something has not happened.

I was verbally advised by Centrelink my access to the PBS was blocked, because I was deemed to be living overseas. Six months later nothing in writing has emerged.

I have had no correspondence from them, either by letter or email, and have been receiving payments regularly from them in Thailand for 11 years, surely they can't just stop payment with no warning? Besides, nothing in my circumstances has changed.

9 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I have had no correspondence from them, either by letter or email, and have been receiving payments regularly from them in Thailand for 11 years, surely they can't just stop payment with no warning? Besides, nothing in my circumstances has changed.

I wouldn't worry about it unless the payments actually stopped for longer than the fortnight. Sometimes they do fiddle with payment dates due to long weekends, Christmas, Easter etc.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I wouldn't worry about it unless the payments actually stopped for longer than the fortnight. Sometimes they do fiddle with payment dates due to long weekends, Christmas, Easter etc.

They pay monthly when you're living overseas, but I'll give them a ring tomorrow and see what's going on.

I just had a look at my Centrelink payment history, but it doesn't actually bear any resemblance to the dates paid into my ANZ account, ie the last date I got paid was the 25th September, but according to C'Link it was 1st October, and my next payment should be on the 29th of this month, so none of it makes any sense.

32 minutes ago, giddyup said:

They pay monthly when you're living overseas, but I'll give them a ring tomorrow and see what's going on.

They pay me fortnightly; however, that's into an Australian account.I just transfer lump sums over in AUD.

16 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

They pay me fortnightly; however, that's into an Australian account.I just transfer lump sums over in AUD.

16 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I get mine paid into an Aussie account as well, but it's every 4 weeks.

I'm in the same boat!! I get mine paid into my W'Pac account every 4 weeks which was due on 

23rd Oct. Nothing has been paid in???

I will also be calling them tomorrow to find out what is going on. I will check my Bank account before I call 

in case they pay it in tonight.

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

PBS ?

35 minutes ago, scorecard said:

PBS ?

Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme.

When you receive the OAP you pay only $6.60 for medicine on the PBS.

If you leave the country for more than 6 weeks your entitlement to the PBS is cancelled and only reinstated when you return to Australia.

Thats how it works for my situation.

17 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme.

When you receive the OAP you pay only $6.60 for medicine on the PBS.

If you leave the country for more than 6 weeks your entitlement to the PBS is cancelled and only reinstated when you return to Australia.

Thats how it works for my situation.

It is the supplement which stops after 6 weeks overseas, similar to rental assistance if you qualify.

You cannot access PBS drugs overseas as you need an Australian script for that,  

3 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

It is the supplement which stops after 6 weeks overseas, similar to rental assistance if you qualify.

You cannot access PBS drugs overseas as you need an Australian script for that,  

Did I say anything about accessing medicines on the PBS overseas? The PBS is for residents of Australia and of course you need a prescription only available in Australia.

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

I just had a look at my Centrelink payment history, but it doesn't actually bear any resemblance to the dates paid into my ANZ account, ie the last date I got paid was the 25th September, but according to C'Link it was 1st October, and my next payment should be on the 29th of this month, so none of it makes any sense.

They never do.

9 hours ago, giddyup said:

Well according to mine it will be issued on the 22nd and direct deposited on the 28th.

https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/topics/payment-schedule-and-rates-people-outside-australia/29791

Archived