Australian Aged Pension

I ... requested my Movements Record from Immigration. It shows all movements in/out of Australia, including flight number and country of passport I used (I have triple citizenship that includes Australia). For movements older than 30 years you have to obtain a record, at no charge, from National Archives Australia.

Well done ... thumbsup.gif

How do you do it?

Thanks

I ... requested my Movements Record from Immigration. It shows all movements in/out of Australia, including flight number and country of passport I used (I have triple citizenship that includes Australia). For movements older than 30 years you have to obtain a record, at no charge, from National Archives Australia.

Well done ... thumbsup.gif

How do you do it?

Thanks

To obtain your movement records from immigration go to:

https://www.immi.gov.au/managing-australias-borders/border-security/systems/movement-records.htm

For NAA request go to:

http://reftracker.naa.gov.au/reft100.aspx?key=03ImmiRef

• Like 2

Hi

I am a UK national currently working in the Uk.

Some years ago & I worked in OZ for 2 1/2 years gaining 2 1/2 years of super contributions which at the time of leaving the country were put in the government designated Rollover fund (SMF Eligible Rollover Fund).

Now whilst this is not a massive amount of money I am not 50 yet so it has a fair bit of time to sit there until I can gain access to it!

So my question is does anyone know if SMF Globals fund have a decent performance or is it worth me researching the possibility of transferring the funds to another rollover fund?

Cheers for any advice

^^ I have no idea about the Funds performance ... however, from the Australian Government website ...

You can also apply directly to the Australian Taxation Office for early release of benefits if you were in Australia temporarily and are now leaving the country permanently.

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/early-release-of-superannuation

Expand the 'Temporary residents and early superannuation release'.

• Like 1

^^ I have no idea about the Funds performance ... however, from the Australian Government website ...

You can also apply directly to the Australian Taxation Office for early release of benefits if you were in Australia temporarily and are now leaving the country permanently.

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/early-release-of-superannuation

Expand the 'Temporary residents and early superannuation release'.

Thanks for that David very helpful & a change in the rules from when I left Australia at the time it was not possible to get the money out of the country.

I will E-mail the fund today to asked them what my options are?

Hope the Twins are well, my 2 little ones are off at the end of the month to visit Yai down on the farm.

Cheers Waterloo

• Like 1

Ok, I have read a lot but not all of the replies here especialy the most recent because I am in a position of being one year off claiming my Aus old age pension. I am confused and so am asking for advice.

Some expats here in Thailand say they get the pension and some say they don't. It seems like you have to talk with the Hobart branch of Centrelink directly and pleed your case. But I am not sure how much or what to tell them. I could say the wrong thing and not receive it, as some people have stated.

I've only been here 5 months with my GF but intend to live here permenantly, but am thinking in order to appear to be a permanent Aus resident ( which is what most people say is the hard part) maybe I should return briefly so as not to be away too long and make contact directly, just on the pretext of making general enquiries so they have a record of me being there at that time, then leave again on my British passport as I have both Aus and Brit passports.

What I am trying to do is appear to be resident, while actually living in Thailand. Do you think it will help if I got a new visa on a British passport? I don't know, I am not sure if it will register with them that I am out of the country. I think perhaps I am hoping too much.

Then closer to my 65th birthday returning and applying for the pension.

I don't know if anyone here has tried recently to do anything like this, did it work? I just find it unacceptable that we don't receive a pension because we are out of the country. As has already ben stated here we are no longer a burden on the health system there etc.

Hope I get a reply that works for me, thanks guys.

There is no choice. If you intend to recieve your pension permanently here you must go back and live in Australia for 2 years. There is NO option of pleading your case, You cannot appear to be resident while living in Thailand.
That is correct

I wish people would read the topic which is "Australian Aged Pension" and stick to it here. Not that the DSP is not important to some but it deserves a thread of its own. As there are big diferences between the two it makes this thred very confusing and people on neither payment get the correct information.

Here is the ABC's take on how the 2014 Budget will effect pension entitlements.

The Government will eliminate or cut a range of entitlements for older Australians, in what Treasurer Joe Hockey says is an attempt to make pensions "affordable and sustainable for decades to come".

Mr Hockey said the Government would keep its promise not to change the age pension in the first term of the Abbott Government, but confirmed that from 2017, payments will grow more slowly.

The indexation of the age pension will, from 2017, be linked to the consumer price index, rather than to average male wages, a decision that will save the Government $449 million over four years

The dot points are ...

• Pensioners will be affected by a $7 co-payment to go see the GP. This will be waived after 10 visits per year for concession card holders.
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card holders will lose the Seniors supplement, which currently sits at $876.20 per year for singles and 1320.80 for couples
  • Pensioners will also be hit by the return to indexing the fuel excise, with lower income earner spending a higher proportion of their income on petrol.
  • The Seniors Health Card will be harder to qualify for, with the untaxed superannuation of new applicants now counting toward the income test.
  • And the Commonwealth will dramatically cut its support for various state and territory based seniors' concessions, eliminating $1.3 billion in spending in what the Government described as a decision taken "to repair the budget".
  • The pension age will rise to 70, as foreshadowed by the budget, but not until 2035, and so will only affect Australians born after 1958.

All of the article is here

• Like 1

I respect that this is the Aged Pension thread ... but since there is not one (yet) for those on disability support ...

Your dot points are ...

• The government is tightening the criteria for receiving the disability pension and will bring in a regime of rolling eligibility checks.
  • Disability pension recipients who are under 35 will also face tougher criteria to remain on the pension, with the focus on those who can work to any capacity being reintegrated into the workforce.

I wish people would read the topic which is "Australian Aged Pension" and stick to it here. Not that the DSP is not important to some but it deserves a thread of its own. As there are big diferences between the two it makes this thred very confusing and people on neither payment get the correct information.

Sorry Harry

I respect that this is the Aged Pension thread ... but since there is not one (yet) for those on disability support ...

Your dot points are ...

• The government is tightening the criteria for receiving the disability pension and will bring in a regime of rolling eligibility checks.
  • Disability pension recipients who are under 35 will also face tougher criteria to remain on the pension, with the focus on those who can work to any capacity being reintegrated into the workforce.
Harry said not to speak about the DSP here only the OAP

Your dot points are ...

David48

Somehow I was sure you did know how to start a thread. smile.png

Your dot points are ...

Harry said not to speak about the DSP here only the OAP

Indeedy do, indeedy do.

But ... it's sort of like, when a mate, too pissed to drive asks to stay at your place.

You reply ... sure, but there isn't a spare bedroom for now. Can you sleep on the lounge room floor? ... I get you a pillow and a blanket.

So, until someone starts a Disability Penson Thread ... this is the best fit, because, at the end of the day, we are all mates here.

• Like 1

Your dot points are ...

Harry said not to speak about the DSP here only the OAPsmile.png

Indeedy do, indeedy do.

But ... it's sort of like, when a mate, too pissed to drive asks to stay at your place.

You reply ... sure, but there isn't a spare bedroom for now. Can you sleep on the lounge room floor? ... I get you a pillow and a blanket.

So, until someone starts a Disability Penson Thread ... this is the best fit, because, at the end of the day, we are all mates here.

Here is 40 cents.....go phone a cabsmile.png

• Like 1

Well, I'm born in 1962 and now don't qualify for OAP until I'm 68.5 years old. Geez, has pushed my retirement plans back a couple of years. sad.png

Year of birth / OAP qualifying age table accompanies this article: http://www.superguide.com.au/how-super-works/age-pension-age-set-to-increase-to-70

Quite good coverage of the budget changes to super and OAP on that site, under 'recent articles'.

We've been discussing the DSP at length on this thread for a number of years. A bit late to try to change the rules now even if you were the OP.

It would be more appropriate to change the title to Australian Pensions or scrap it and start several new, more specific, threads.

We've been discussing the DSP at length on this thread for a number of years. A bit late to try to change the rules now even if you were the OP.

It would be more appropriate to change the title to Australian Pensions or scrap it and start several new, more specific, threads.

In 2008 when this thread started there were some similarities between the two payments as they both were original federal responsibilities after Federation unlike other benifits and hence had a common core. Basicly DSP was the OAP awarded early for those with permanent disabiliteis. Changes just about then have meant that the common core is no more. The DSP is a short term benifit with very limited portability as is YouthStart, Carers Beenifit and all the other temporary payments.

It makes little sense to continue discussing them in the same thread and causes a lot of confusion. I really think there should be a new thread. I do not mind David48 having threads about his twins in various places. I do not think he should post them on a thread about cute puppies as it is the nearest.

The only people on DSP where this thread has any relevance to them is now the few that have grandfathered benifits as they left Australia many years ago and have not returned.

Edited by harrry

You're entitled to your opinions.

I was on DSP when I came here and lost it after 13 weeks and am still very interested in what is happening to It in the budget. I'm sure there are many more Aussies who still have an interest despite you declaring that everyone now hasn't.

I could also take exception to your statements that There is little in common between these two pensions. And, I don't understand how you can say it is granted to those with "permanent disabilities" on one line and then state it is a "short term benefit" elsewhere? The key word linking them is "Pension: there is no need to compare jobstart or carers allowance to them.

At a time when a shithole government is bringing out one of the nastiest budgets since federation where they are stripping money from those least able to afford cuts, you churlishly state no one is allowed to discuss an important aspect of that budget here.

Sorry Harrry until you become red and start issuing orders I'll carry on as before.

I don't see where David comes into this. I'm also not interested in posts about peoples families or pets and would hope there aren't posts on this thread about them.

I was on DSP when I came here and lost it after 13 weeks and am still very interested in what is happening to It in the budget. I'm sure there are many more Aussies who still have an interest despite you declaring that everyone now hasn't.

I could also take exception to your statements that There is little in common between these two pensions. And, I don't understand how you can say it is granted to those with "permanent disabilities" on one line and then state it is a "short term benefit" elsewhere? The key word linking them is "Pension: there is no need to compare jobstart or carers allowance to them.

At a time when a shithole government is bringing out one of the nastiest budgets since federation where they are stripping money from those least able to afford cuts, you churlishly state no one is allowed to discuss an important aspect of that budget here.

Sorry Harrry until you become red and start issuing orders I'll carry on as before.

I don't see where David comes into this. I'm also not interested in posts about peoples families or pets and would hope there aren't posts on this thread about them.

Old Croc you can do as you like. I never sai= that DSP was not of interest to so learn to read. I did say that itr deserved its own thread rather than off topic posting here. You may also like to revise your greammar regarding tenses. THere is a difference between "was" and "is" and I used it correcty.

Of course if you want to keep posting off topic continue to do so.

Old Croc you can do as you like. I never sai= that DSP was not of interest to so learn to read. I did say that itr deserved its own thread rather than off topic posting here. You may also like to revise your greammar regarding tenses. THere is a difference between "was" and "is" and I used it correcty.

Of course if you want to keep posting off topic continue to do so.

If my replies to your posts are off topic, what were your posts?

Thanks for the grammar lesson.

I've had lots of respect for you over the years on the forum.

I'm sad that changed today.