Sex Pistols

soihok

Last time I was in Thailand,Pattaya,,,I went to have look for the SEX PISTOLs bar ,which was inside the entertainment zone on the other side of soi 8 (bless it) beach road.

No sign of the bar which I found was a great loss as the bar had set up an MP3 select your own music set up.,,,,,,everything punk.

IT WAS GREAT

What happened to the bar and the owner?

What a great idea,,and music to go with it.

I have a sticker of the bar on my V-Max in Singapore.

Just for the crack.

I know that Charlie and Lek on Soi 9 also have a never ending inspiration of 70,s and 80,s music,.

Bless em

Last time I was in Thailand,Pattaya,,,I went to have look for the SEX PISTOLs bar ,which was inside the entertainment zone on the other side of soi 8 (bless it) beach road.

No sign of the bar which I found was a great loss as the bar had set up an MP3 select your own music set up.,,,,,,everything punk.

IT WAS GREAT

What happened to the bar and the owner?

What a great idea,,and music to go with it.

I have a sticker of the bar on my V-Max in Singapore.

Just for the crack.

I know that Charlie and Lek on Soi 9 also have a never ending inspiration of 70,s and 80,s music,.

Bless em

I'm not too sure what you mean by "the other side of soi 8 beach road". On the right heading towards Beach Road maybe?

How long ago was that?

How long ago? All those were tore down and new ones up on other side of soi Song, most of the owners got a new bar and may have changed the name but the bars go thru all the way to sui buau khow now with some with some great music as well.

I used to sit opposite that bar, its part of the 'new plaza' set of bars. Before the sex pistols bar it was called the 'doors bar'. Occasionally there would be 3 people in the bar, but most of the time no one except a couple of girls. The estate agent at corner had it up for sale at a million baht. Then next time i visited it had changed its name, as have half the bars in that complex in the last year. The bar was almost opposite Ma Mak bar and next door or two away from Mr Bean bar, unless they have been sold on to an unsuspecting farang.

jon was the owner. the bar is closed.

many of those bars are short lived. business there is on slim margins in new plaza and the women are far from beauty queens that work the bars. theres an english guy that scoops up the failing barsa and resells them to fresh set of idiots.