Transferring 10k From Uk....advice Please

I am about to transfer 10k from the UK.

Can anyone give me advice on the best way...cheapest commision, best exchange rates etc.

I dont presently have a bank account in the uk, is this a problem?

I have decided to get my cash into Thailand before the pounds depreciates any further, which I think it will.

What commision would i pay on changing 10k worth of travellers cheques once in Thailand.

Sorry if I come across as being naieve, but finance/ecomnomics is not my strong point.

Any advice GREATLY appreciated.

rgds

Traveller's cheques are probably your most expensive option.

The cheapest way is hand carrying the cash (assuming of course that you don't have to first fly to the UK to fetch the cash).

If you don't have a bank account in the UK do you have an account anywhere else? If not I would suggest opening an account in the UK and then do two (2) S.W.I.F.T transfers.

The first transfer of a small amount to make sure the money is being routed correctly and a second transfer of the full amount.

Ask for the exchange to be made in Thailand and for the cost to be shared. (shared between sending account and receiving account).

---

£10,000 is above the threshold that raises and automatic 'Money Laundering' check - opening an account and then immediately making a transfer may raise the flags on you.

As an aside - Because of the money laundering checks, sending the cash from someone else's account is risky - (sending the money to someone else's account is riskier stilly but nevertheless happens more often than you'd believe).