Federal Express On Samui

Has anyone here had experience with receiving packages via FedEx here? Are they reliable? Any horror stories or praises?

I received some documents from FedEx, they arrived to Bangkok , then they forward them to you via Post EMS.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone here had experience with receiving packages via FedEx here? Are they reliable? Any horror stories or praises?

I received some documents from FedEx, they arrived to Bangkok , then they forward them to you via Post EMS.

Are you sure it was FEDEX? I have used FEDEX and UPS without any problems, but sending packages by EMS from Bangkok happens all the time with DHL.

Edited by SamuiRes

I rec'd my FedEx after a couple days delay because they couldn't find my place. I think they couldn't find Samui because according to the online tracking system it spent at least 3 days up there AFTER passing customs.They called me and I had to stand out on the road and wait for him to drive by. Of course, it was an unmarked truck so that didn't work out as fast as I had hoped. Add street signs to the endless list of useful things they need around here.

Today I used UPS to send something back. Quick and easy. But I'll feel better if/when the package actually arrives to its destination.

Are you sure it was FEDEX? I have used FEDEX and UPS without any problems, but sending packages by EMS from Bangkok happens all the time with DHL.

I stand corrected again, my apologies.It was DHL.Just received a parcel from FeDEX deliverd to my door.

I don't mean to hijack your thread but soemthing i have found frustratuing on Samui lately is the lack of reliable Carriers going off of the Island..

DHL told me that they could not give me a Tracking Number for International Exportation Deliveries, UPS are very expensive ( 2,300 Baht ) & i am not sure many other options..

I need to send various, lightweight, parcels ( individual T Shirts ) back to London & am having difficulty finding a relaible & cost effective Carrier..

Does anyone know if the local Post Office on the Island offer a better than normal service where i could upgrade the cost of sending in order to obtain some kind of Tracking Number &/or recorded delivery ??

Thank you

Two methods at the post office

1 return receipt requested

2 registered

3 EMS

You can track the package only in Thailand, you can see where and when it left the country.

The post office website allows you to see where the package is at all times.

Two methods at the post office

1 return receipt requested

2 registered

3 EMS

You can track the package only in Thailand, you can see where and when it left the country.

The post office website allows you to see where the package is at all times.

Thank you for your reply, sorry to be a pain but could you just try to correct me if i'm wrong here..

1 - Return Receipt requested, i guess this would be an upgrade kind of service but how would i then get informed when delivered at the other end ??

2 - Registered, again i guess an upgarde of regular mail service ??

3 - EMS, as above ??

Return receipt means that the receiver signs for it and the receipt is then given to you to show delivery has been confirmed.

Thanks sbk, i kind of figured that much but as i said in my post, the bit that confuses me of this is how/if the Post Office would actually inform me of the Delivery as with my experience of them on Samui, they don't seem to eager to help or in fact do a great deal..

• 10 months later...

Its horrible :D

The fedex here moved (there now next to, the Samui estate)

Iv'e send 2 packages one of them atleast 3 months ago to Amsterdam. Still the package did not reach mainland. The send me and the reciever a very bad english (not nearly understandable) letter that the boat broke down.

That was atleast 1 month ago. So i went to there office to find out what is going on. The ASSURED me that everything was allright witht the package. And that the would have to send the papers to the receiver of the package.

3 weeks laters, i go there again. The first thing the said "AHHH problems Bangkok, no papers" im like 3 weeks ago the should have been send allready BEFORE this crap started you said so :wai:

Still no package received, by boat takes according to them about 17 days, downtime fo 2 weeks add that. Now for OVER 3 months still nothing..

Then there is the second package 1 1/2 month ago send to Hamburg, germany (worth approx 75000baht) still not arrived. And offcourse the same procedure the follow, keeping me on a leech :D

This is the last week im tired of it, im in the middle of a relocation if my shop. I want to stop worrying about all this. I will file to the right Fed-ex head office(s) a complaint and i want to know were those ships are. It is taking way to long 2 months ok, papers not in order ok shit happens. But that should not be my shit to scoop up :D

I paid enough to get that done, now everytime I HAVE to go there in order to GET information. The promised me to send me e-mails ectra the don't :D

My advise, stay away from them, properly for in thailand like bangkok ectra sending stuff will be just fine. Outside it, never ever again :o

As I said in an earlier post I have always used UPS and had no problems. However, UPS have gone as far as I can see and have been replaced by TNT. I used them twice with two packages and they were delivered on time. The only problem I had was the tracking number as it never showed up on their web site tracking page.

• 1 month later...

I live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida, USA. The service is very bad. I sent a package from Koh Samui back to my home on 14JAN2009. To my amazement, the package was not hear when I arrived home last night (24JAN2009). I checked Fed Ex's tracking number at their website and there is not even a record of it. Unfortunately, I lost the business card with the shipper's name, address and phone number. I was staying at The Chaweng Garden Beach Resort and the shipper was about a 15 minute drive by taxi. Does anyone have knowledge of the information about this shipper? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. They SEEMED very legitimate and had my items packed in a box before I left their store. They took my e-mail address and promised to e-mail me if there was any problem. This is a nightmare; do not ship from Ko Samui - at least not the location I used.

Kind regards,

Phil von Rohr

Be prepared to pay an arm and a leg too. I received a small package from the States and it only had underwear and a pair of sandles in it. My mother paid almost $100 to ship it (we were testing) and I had to pay over 3,000 baht in "duty" taxes. At first I refused but then relented. When things come via mail, I've never had to pay any tax.

But, the package did get here from Texas in about 3 or 4 days. I only wear those underwear on special occasions now! :o

I have the name, address and phone number of the shipper that I am having a problem with in Koh Samui. I will withhold that information to give the owner time to respond to my complaint and see how the matter is resolved. I will post my findings as soon as the shipper takes (or does not take) action.

Philip J. von Rohr

The name of a place to AVOID is:

Southern Percel Service (opposite World Gym) about 10-15 minutes by taxi from downtown Cheweng

109/44-45 Moo 6, Tambon Bo Phut

Koh Samui, Suratthani 84320 Thailand

I believe the Manager's name is Ms Aoy. I had friends in Thailand contact her. I sent her numerous e-mails that went un-answered - until I sent a fax to her from a FedEX/Kinko's store in the USA. She then replied to my e-mail and promised the box was delivered and would be in FedEx's tracking system by close of business 03JAN2009. Her promise did not materialize. I called her today with questions concerning where she delivered the package. She refused to answer and said I should check FedEx tracking again tomorrow evening. Base on earlier replies, I think - though I may be wrong - that she uses a subcontractor (possibly with a boat) to deliver packages to the mainland where ever the closest FedEx drop/pick-up office is. 20 days after I dropped the box for shipment and 5389Bht later, I gave her every chance to be truthful with me. Now comes time to contact FedEx (and hopefully drop her as an authorized agent (remember, she was recently dropped from her contract with UPS)) and the visa credit card company for action. If I have to ship again, it is going to be from a UPS, FedEx or other major shipper from an office designated by their websites. I don't think there is any such place on Ko Samui, Ko Phangan or Ko Tao. WHATEVER you do, avoid SOUTHERN PERCEL SERVICE. Always keep reciepts no matter what you do and be sure you have the shipper's name, address, phone & fax and e-mail before you leave your valuables to somebody with or without a smile.

Phil von Rohr

• 1 month later...

Same problem with you....I sent a parcel of 25kg from Samui to China Beijing around 3rd Feb, till now, not arrived yet.

The agent promised me to ship it via Fedex, and I've paid like around 7,000pht for that. I Tracked from Fedex online but the tracking number was unvalued.

I've decided to check with Fedex agent in Beijing and if still no found, I will ask my friend who will travel there next few weeks for a check.

I'm not sure if it is the same agent like Mr Rohr used, and I'm seeking for help here, if anyone know this small agent which is around 10-15 mins drive from Baan Samui Beach Resort, Chaweng beach, not very far away from the Chaweng post office, ple mail me here. The service manager is a lady whose name pronounced like "Gi-yuan", and the agent seemed have business for TNT and Fedex both, because she recommended me to use TNT but I insisted Fedex. It's a nightmare...

Southern Percel Service (opposite World Gym) about 10-15 minutes by taxi from downtown Cheweng

I believe the Manager's name is Ms Aoy. I had friends in Thailand contact her. I sent her numerous e-mails that went un-answered - until I sent a fax to her from a FedEX/Kinko's store in the USA. She then replied to my e-mail and promised the box was delivered and would be in FedEx's tracking system by close of business 03JAN2009. Her promise did not materialize. I called her today with questions concerning where she delivered the package. She refused to answer and said I should check FedEx tracking again tomorrow evening. Base on earlier replies, I think - though I may be wrong - that she uses a subcontractor (possibly with a boat) to deliver packages to the mainland where ever the closest FedEx drop/pick-up office is. 20 days after I dropped the box for shipment and 5389Bht later, I gave her every chance to be truthful with me. Now comes time to contact FedEx (and hopefully drop her as an authorized agent (remember, she was recently dropped from her contract with UPS)) and the visa credit card company for action. If I have to ship again, it is going to be from a UPS, FedEx or other major shipper from an office designated by their websites. I don't think there is any such place on Ko Samui, Ko Phangan or Ko Tao. WHATEVER you do, avoid SOUTHERN PERCEL SERVICE. Always keep reciepts no matter what you do and be sure you have the shipper's name, address, phone & fax and e-mail before you leave your valuables to somebody with or without a smile.

Phil von Rohr

Same problem with you....I sent a parcel of 25kg from Samui to China Beijing around 3rd Feb, till now, not arrived yet.

The agent promised me to ship it via Fedex, and I've paid like around 7,000pht for that. I Tracked from Fedex online but the tracking number was unvalued.

I've decided to check with Fedex agent in Beijing and if still no found, I will ask my friend who will travel there next few weeks for a check.

I'm not sure if it is the same agent like Mr Rohr used, and I'm seeking for help here, if anyone know this small agent which is around 10-15 mins drive from Baan Samui Beach Resort, Chaweng beach, not very far away from the Chaweng post office, ple mail me here. The service manager is a lady whose name pronounced like "Gi-yuan", and the agent seemed have business for TNT and Fedex both, because she recommended me to use TNT but I insisted Fedex. It's a nightmare...

Phil von Rohr

Tony,

I share your nightmare. However, keep your hopes up as I finally did receive my FedEx 10kg package after roughly 5 long weeks. Ms. Aoy is the only employee I had contact with and the e-mail address she uses (when she decides to) is [email protected]. I'm not sure if you need it, here is their address and phone numbers (a fax seemed to provoke a reply from her):

Chaweng Opposite World Gym

Koh Samui, Suratthani, 84320 Thailand

Tel: 0 7741 3229 or int'l: +66 7741 3229

Fax: 0 7741 3888 or int'l: +66 7741 3229

It took a combination of actions to get things moving including phone calls from me and a friend in Bangkok, numerous and progressively stronger e-mails, and a fax from a Kinkos/FedEx store nearby where I live in Florida. The fax contained a cover letter and copies of receipts and the FedEx AirBill form. Kinkos is a copy center that merged with FedEx in the USA. The cover sheet had Kinkos written prominently on it so, when Ms. Aoy received the fax, I'm sure that caught her attention. It was then she finally replied to my e-mail and said the package was on the way.

I was very dissapointed with FedEx because I called them and they flat out did not care what I said unless they had the Air Bill tracking number in their computer system; They were of no help until the number finally did make it in.

As it turned out, Southern Parcel Service used Thai Airways to fly the package from Surattani (on the mainland naer Ko Samui) to Bangkok before the package was delivered to FedEx. So they must have subcontracted with a ferry or boat service to get the package from Ko Samui to Surattani. THEY NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT ALL THE MIDDLEMEN WHEN I PAID FOR FedEx SERVICES.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. To reach me by e-mail just add @yahoo.com to my user name and send me a message. Best wishes to you, Tony.

Best regards,

Phil