Living Costs 2

I've read most of the messages on the original thread. It has got huge....so here's my little bit.

I've been a LOS guy since 1990. Every trip since 1990 my daily spending is about €150. Includes everything except the hotel. I reckon if I am ever lucky enough to live in LOS on a permanent basis my daily spend will not drop. Maybe because I'm a "butterfly". I couln't see myself staying with one Thai bird.

To Mr. Shergar,

On behalf of Thai economy, thank your for squandering 7,000 baht daily (plus whatever hotel costs incurred) daily. We certainly look forward to your moving here on a permanent basis and hope that those spending levels continue. Please, for the sake of our economy, do not believe the old adage about a fool and his money....

I've read most of the messages on the original thread. It has got huge....so here's my little bit.

I've been a LOS guy since 1990. Every trip since 1990 my daily spending is about €150. Includes everything except the hotel. I reckon if I am ever lucky enough to live in LOS on a permanent basis my daily spend will not drop. Maybe because I'm a "butterfly". I couln't see myself staying with one Thai bird.

That is a decent, adequate, no frills budget that's doable. This is a consumer society. I mean just look around you. All the crap being peddled everywhere. It is very hard not to plunk down some baht here, some baht there. Power to you man, you help make Thailand great. If people want super dirt cheap, there is Cambo where you can cut your expenses in half

What are you? a 2 or 3 week a year tourist?

My first holiday in Los, I brought that sort of money. Had to really try hard to spend it. As a long term stayer, costs drop dramatically

My first holiday in Los, I brought that sort of money. Had to really try hard to spend it. As a long term stayer, costs drop dramatically

Are you forgetting the girl friend? The second wife? The car? The family? The house? The visa runs? The exchange loss? The trips home? The customs duty for that thing you ordered? The postage? The insurance? The retirement fund? The savings? :D

Not one size fits all and agree with you that $150 or euro a day is at the very high end. Well; really over the end for most long time stayers. But suspect he is a very 'handsom man' with that open a purse. :o