Senior It Business Consultant Salary

Hello.

Could someone help me understand what an UK or US expat with more than 20 years experience and proven track record in IT and business consulting, technical degrees in engineering, fluent in English and can communicate well in Thai could expect as a monthly salary (in Thai baht) with an international financial or consulting company in Bangkok?

Thank you for your help!

LostMyWay

You need to do a search in the forum. If you do that, you'll see there are two answers to your question, dependant upon whether you are a local hire or whether you are a employed by an international company and then posted here.

Reading between the lines, i'm guessing the question relates to the former and so I'd hazard a guess that such a role might pull in 100-150k a month, perhaps a little more depending on the quality of the organisation.

If it was a genuine expat role, then it would like be three times those figures, or more.

You need to do a search in the forum. If you do that, you'll see there are two answers to your question, dependant upon whether you are a local hire or whether you are a employed by an international company and then posted here.

Reading between the lines, i'm guessing the question relates to the former and so I'd hazard a guess that such a role might pull in 100-150k a month, perhaps a little more depending on the quality of the organisation.

If it was a genuine expat role, then it would like be three times those figures, or more.

I already searched the forums quite a bit and my question was not answered. Most of the answers discuss Thai salaries, there is almost no discussion of business or IT consulting and their is not much else in the way of details. That is why I posted, but thank you for reminding me to use a search function that I have already used for hours with no luck :-)

Now, back on track before the lecture on how to use a forum and the expected "don't lecture me, I did search the forum" mandatory reply, I am already in Thailand, so the offer would be to an expat, at the executive level, already in Bangkok.

Your reply of 150,000 Baht per month a bit less than one half of the first offer I received, so I guess your reply means that the offer may be pretty good, thanks.

Any more replies from expats living here working on executive level salaries?

Thanks so much.

Edited by LostMyWay

from personal experience ... base salary/fee ranges of 300 K to 1million and up for blue chip multinational firms , then bonuses and allowances on top of this. This is for foreigners transferred in. Rates are less for local hires.

Thanks. I understand the "expats transferred in" range. That is basically their UK or US salaries plus expat packages. OBTW, getting these "blue chip transfer me in jobs" to Bangkok at very high foreign salaries plus packages is very rare.

My query is about expats who get the job with the same multinational firms locally, hired in the Kingdom, not transfered in.

Anyone out there who had done this with one of these firms?

from personal experience ... base salary/fee ranges of 300 K to 1million and up for blue chip multinational firms , then bonuses and allowances on top of this. This is for foreigners transferred in. Rates are less for local hires.

Thanks. I understand the "expats transferred in" range. That is basically their UK or US salaries plus expat packages. OBTW, getting these "blue chip transfer me in jobs" to Bangkok at very high foreign salaries plus packages is very rare.

My query is about expats who get the job with the same multinational firms locally, hired in the Kingdom, not transfered in.

I keep hearing about how "very rare" these expat package jobs are, but I know that my company has well over a hundred expats here on such packages and I know several other companies (in the same business, oil and gas) that have the same number or more as well.

This doesn't even count the what might be the thousands of Japanese and Koreans here on similar packages.

TH

I'm not in IT or an executive but in the past I've been locally employed by multinational expat companies that pay an expat salary (what you would get at home) but with no benefits, except maybe medical.

Thank you for your information. My salary back in EMEA was, in Thai baht, a base of around 6M Baht per year with (almost guarenteed) bonuses that total around 1.6M Baht, with a very full benefit package (matching retirement contributions, etc. which was worth at least 1 to 1.5M Baht)

What we am considering in Thailand is around 40% less in terms of salary (see above) and the benefit package is very much less.

However, I think this may be normal if you are hired locally versus being transferred in, from abroad.

Thanks for the dialog.

I feel I should consider myself lucky to get a good salary in Bangkok, even if it is not a big expat package or fully comparable to back home.

I keep hearing about how "very rare" these expat package jobs are, but I know that my company has well over a hundred expats here on such packages and I know several other companies (in the same business, oil and gas) that have the same number or more as well.

This doesn't even count the what might be the thousands of Japanese and Koreans here on similar packages.

TH

Must be ALOT of thais working then given the foreigner to thai quota ratio requirement for extension of immigration permit of stay based upon having a work permit.

TH

Must be ALOT of thais working then given the foreigner to thai quota ratio requirement for extension of immigration permit of stay based upon having a work permit.

No sh_t sherlock, this is a multi billion dollar industry, lots of people... :o

TH

Edited by thaihome

TH

easy to hire excessive amounts of window washers, gardeners, motorbike couriers, etc etc @ minimum wage to get around the silly 4:1 rule. I belive if you become a BOI company, the ratio is less.

As for allowances, companies like Amadeus Asia would pay their guys minimum 300K. From what I hear, that is stingy.