And so the exodus of quality expats begins. This time it's personal

8. 34

Indian Woman Strips in Defence Against Theft Claim

9. 38

Are Older Men in Thailand Trading Love for Financial Ruin

10. 165

Ukraine ... Enlighten yourself

11. 2,488

Thai gov. to tax (remitted) income from abroad for tax residents starting 2024 - Part II

12. 165

Ukraine ... Enlighten yourself

13. 25

Israeli Interrogator Warns of Continued Violence as Long as Hamas Leader Sinwar Lives

14. 72

A good hotdog

Vote In The American Primaries In Chiang Mai

in the sky

Democrats Abroad have set up the real thing! There will be voting stations on February 5th from 8:30 to 11:00 AM and February 9th 11:00AM to 7:00 PM. It doesn't matter what your former address was, as D.A. will act as your new state. You will register right before you vote. Locations will be AIDSNet, 1145/1 Sripoom Rd. or go to Pardornpap International House at the East Campus of Payap University.

Ohmygod.....there are still republicans that will show their faces abroad?????

Didn't think they traveled.....

could "abroad" mean out of state? :o

btw i am not american but was just curious about how come no listing for the republicans in the first place. just democrats.

btw i am not american but was just curious about how come no listing for the republicans in the first place. just democrats.

Because each party can do as they please in how they determine their delegates and how they run their nominating conventions, and the republicans clearly care less than democrats about serving expats.

And yes, Hawaii, this democrats abroad vote has nothing to do with your state's date. This is a separate election for democrats abroad convention delegates.

Just so you know, there is a big difference between our two major parties. If you don't believe, check out this right wing republican link talking about BIBLICAL ISSUES that was on the republicans abroad web page. What does a political party outside IRAN have to do with enforcing a specific religion and cramming it down the throats of a secular, diverse, nation state? Disgusting, isn't it, this scoundrels need to be booted out for good:

http://www.texasgop.org/site/DocServer/bib...n.pdf?docID=102

Edited by Jingthing

Thanks very much for the info, in the sky.

I am registered to vote in Nevada (though a lifelong California resident).

NV just had their primary, and I did not receive my absentee ballot from the Clark County registrar of voters, which I was very perturbed about.

Your timely info just put a smile on my face!

As a further note, for Americans who are Democrats, if you register online on their site by 31 January, you will be able to vote online in the Democratic Presidential Primary election between February 5-12. It doesn't matter when your original home state primary is held.

The Democratic party has designated special delegates to attend the national party convention, who will represent all Democrats who live abroad.

Your vote will be counted!

Link to the site here.

I don't agree with Obama on the war, but is certainly is exciting to have a sincere, intelligent, articulate, young black man in the race. :D

Here here UG, I couldn't agree more! Especiallly considering the other Democrat choice is an insincere, kniving, lying and hypocrytical old white woman :D Lets face facts, if hillary wasn't married to bill then the only thing she would be running for right now would be the PTA :o Obama on the other hand is former Harvard law review, only the brightest of the bright get that accalade :D If Mike Bloomberg gets in the fray then all bets are off, and John McCain will likely be the next U.S. President.

"Locations will be AIDSNet, 1145/1 Sripoom Rd."

So I know the Sri Pum Conrer. And I could fart around trying to read addresses, but don't wanna. How about describing what an AIDS-NET is. Is it what it sounds like ? IS it near the moat or what? What color building is it? Is it next to something else I might know ? A place that sells water pumps and cheap guitars, for example ? What's it right across from inside the moat ? Please help me help myself help my other country. Google Earth Champions, anyone dare to help a brotha out ?

Dude, it's right next to the wat.....literally. 'Course there's 10 zillion wats in CM, just messin' wit yo brain.... :o

Sripoom, north leg of moat, headed west towards bowling alley (on corner), Ram 2 hospital, etc. Right next to the last wat headed west.

Hope you found it.

I voted ONLINE today on the website...... :D

• 4 weeks later...
If Obama gets it, at the very least ,we will be spared hearing how dumb Americans are for 4-6 years. because, stupid he ain't! :o

Prepare yourself not to be spared, I fear. This from today's news:

NELSONVILLE, Ohio - Democrat Barack Obama says he's tired of questions about his religion.

The Democratic presidential candidate told a town hall meeting Sunday in Nelsonvile, Ohio, in the state's rural southeast, that he is a devout Christian who prays to Jesus every night. . . . .