Thaksin, How Much "land" Does He Own In Uk?

Foreigners owning land in Thailand is one of the hottest topics in this forum. From a "foreigner"'s owning land perspective, just wondering how much real estate Thaksin owns in the UK and in the world generally "as a foreigner".

Maybe if I find out, it'll make me even more bitter and twisted than I already am! :o

He has also got a London pad.... :o from a recent interview ...BP..(with KKK) :D

which comprises a 280-million-baht house (4 M quid)in a London suburb, and enjoys a three-million-baht-a-month lifestyle around his favourite hangouts.

Lt Sunisa Lertpakawat, a military-beat reporter for army-run TV Channel 5, travelled to London to try her luck tracking down Mr Thaksin.

She said she cried and begged the deposed prime minister to give her an interview.

She admitted that the book may hurt her career prospects, but said it was the perfect start as the first book of her Unusual Publishing House.

Two interviews, altogether seven hours long, were given. One was on May 30 when the Constitution Tribunal ordered the Thai Rak Thai party disbanded and another was on June 12 when the Assets Scrutiny Committee froze his assets.

The book also contains snapshots, taken by his son Panthongtae, of Mr Thaksin pushing a supermarket trolley, eating a snack on a footpath, and posing with the so-called Queen of R&B, Saranrat Wisutthithada, better known as Lydia.

"Because Nong Aim [his daughter Pinthongta] studies here and England is a democratic country," said Mr Thaksin about the reasons for picking England for his self-imposed exile. :D

The book for the first time unveils his two-story, five-bedroom house on a three-rai plot in Weybridge. :D

"This hundred-year-old housing estate was once home to pop stars Cliff Richard and Diana Ross," he said. "Chelsea footballers, including striker [Didier] Drogba, live in this neighbourhood."

Though his elder daughter stays in her own apartment in London, Mr Thaksin is not alone. He has a maid, a driver and a bodyguard. He has recently hired a Thai cook to make his daily meals.

Mr Thaksin is not cut off from the outside world by any means.

The former prime minister carries eight cell phones, with 20 SIM cards altogether.

He remains a big shopper who does not hesitate to shower his wife and two daughters with designer handbags.

Besides shopping at Harrods, Mr Thaksin can be spotted at Thai restaurants, such as Thai Rice, Thai Taste and Patra. He is also a frequent visitor to the Chinese restaurant, Royal China Club....Peng..

What gives him a real headache during the exile is maintaining his hairdo.

Mr Thaksin often took the trouble of flying his favourite hairdresser from Thailand whenever he took a break to go to Hong Kong and Singapore.

Eventually, he guided a Spanish hairdresser at Tony N' Guys salon to maintain his "not-too-short" hairstyle.

Because it is only a short journey, Mr Thaksin often hops on a plane to France to shop and enjoy "real wine and home-made food."

To "check his swing," Mr Thaksin recently surfed the net and booked a class at a golf school in Miami.

As for his golf companion, Mr Thaksin flies Lydia to London. She also doubles as a singer in their karaoke sessions."She is like another daughter to him," said Mr Panthongthae.

Mr Thaksin said he had invited Lydia to Japan so she could buy new clothes in Harajuku, the trendy shopping district in central Tokyo, for her new album Inside Out.....YES Rock on K T.......Mia li de pla.....

Well at a wild guess he owns more than me and much more than my Thai wife.

He also ahs much more money the we would ever have in perhaps 100 lifetimes, BUT I am happy here in "his" country with my wife and son and I wouldn't change places with him in 1,000 lifetimes.

I am very happy with what I have though a bit more would be nice.

At least most of the people I know both Thai and farang like me.

:o:D :D :D