Non-immigrant O Visa (again!)

I and thanks in advance for your help. I enjoy reading this forum a great deal.

I am a British male, 40 years old. I have a non immigrant O Visa multiple entry, which I obtained (purchased) at the Embassy in England in October 2004.

I am not supporting a Thai wife or anything like that but I rent a place here and have a Thai friend staying with me. I don't have any family or family connections to Thai's. I am not working but studying Thai and have independent financial means. I do not have my own bank account. I have been using my Thai friend's account and transferring money in on a monthly basis.

I want to stay another year. Is it possible to renew the visa here or is that it? If I can renew do I have to go overseas (back to UK God forbid!) or can I contact the Immigration office on Suan Plu.

Thanks for your help in advance

NIgel

thai immigration gives extensions of stay for support of a thai citizen, university study, working in thailand, investments or retirement. i don't think you will qualify for any of those requirements.

neighboring countries to thailand most likely will turn you down also. you may need to go back and try at the embassy or a thai consulate in england.

Thanks for your answer. I dont really want to go back to the Uk to get another 1 yr non immigrant O visa (though they told me on the phone just now its easy for them to issue another one)

Does anyone know if I can get a non -immigrant O visa issued in Singapore? If not can I get a double entry 60 day tourist visa in Singapore and wait to go back to the UK next year for the NI O ?

One final thought - if I go to SIngapore or a neighbouring country and send my passport to Hull from there is that risking problems?

PS I have always found the immigration staff at the Hull office in England very helpful.

I am a British male, 40 years old. I have a non immigrant O Visa multiple entry, which I obtained (purchased) at the Embassy in England in October 2004.

Think you meant October 2003! Your highly unlikely to get a Non Imm visa in any part of Asia...........i/m in the same boat as you.....i have to trek back to the UK once a year for a new Non Imm O from Hull. You/ll be able to get a double entry tourist visa from Penang (Malaysia).....thats about the best you can hope for.