Gyms In Cm

wedders

First post in the local forum, greetings from a new resident ...

Anyone go to a gym in CM? Recommendations welcome ...

If you perform a search, you will see that this subject has been covered many times before on previous posts. Good luck....

If you perform a search, you will see that this subject has been covered many times before on previous posts. Good luck....

iwas i9nterested and done a search and this is what i got

You searched for: gym

Unfortunately your search didn't return any results.

Try broadening the search parameters by searching by different keywords or altering the format of your search.

Remember to use the wildcard '*' to increase the number of matches. Apple* will match 'apple' and 'apples'.

Try broadening the search parameters by searching by different keywords or altering the format of your search.

Remember to use the wildcard '*' to increase the number of matches. Apple* will match 'apple' and 'apples'.

You better search for "gym Chiang Mai"

There are a bunch of new luxery hotels opening soon and they all have health clubs. I am hoping that the place that I go to now starts to lose a few members to the new places as it is getting harder and harder to use the most popular machines, and it is not that great a club to start with, but it is centrally located.

There are some wonderful ones, but you need to have a car or motorcycle to get there convieniently and I have no interest in either.

Edited by Ulysses G.

you need to go Chiang Mai forum then use the search box at the bottom of the page. For some reason the search box at the top never seems to work for me.

Cheers Thaihog, no doubt most questions newbies would like to ask have been addressed somewhere... here's another one for you - what's the point of a forum? :o .

I did try "gym" in the box at the bottom of the Chiang Mai forum before posting, but it returned a 'zero'. Maybe it doesn't like three-letter words ...

Cheers Thaihog, no doubt most questions newbies would like to ask have been addressed somewhere... here's another one for you - what's the point of a forum? :o .

You might notice that most old hands are avoiding answering your question. Maybe out of boredom?

Thaihog is trying to help you help yourself, because - at another time - this has been covered very well. :D

You might notice that most old hands are avoiding answering your question. Maybe out of boredom?

Thaihog is trying to help you help yourself, because - at another time - this has been covered very well. :D

Sure, and my reply was tongue in cheek ... though as I wrote above, I had already tried a search. Administer a number of forums myself, so I know how it works! An 'old hand' in different fields and forums, I find there's no harm in repeating myself sometimes, when I have the info and others do not. (Sometimes old threads date pretty rapidly too).

Useful to note that this search engine doesn't accept single three letter words though (I assume that was the problem) ...

Edited by wedders

Sure, and my reply was tongue in cheek ... though as I wrote above, I had already tried a search. Administer a number of forums myself, so I know how it works! An 'old hand' in different fields and forums, I find there's no harm in repeating myself sometimes, when I have the info and others do not. (Sometimes old threads date pretty rapidly too).

Useful to note that this search engine doesn't accept single three letter words though (I assume that was the problem) ...

Wedders, In the Chiang Mai forum home type fitness in the search engine and you will find numerous posts addressing your original question! It does work, because I just tried it.

Fitness Thailand on the north west corner of the moat behind the computer plaza.

That wasn't to hard to help a newbie out now was it.

Agree on both counts!

Am a member of FT for about 14 months now.

Spacious......and lots of machines.

Free parking of motorbike on 2nd floor.

But never use it after c16.00hrs - too crowded.

Tony

:o

Fitness Thailand on the north west corner of the moat behind the computer plaza.

Agree on both counts!

Tony

What is the current yearly membership? And, is it very crowded between 7-9pm?

Agree on both counts!

Tony

What is the current yearly membership? And, is it very crowded between 7-9pm?

I'm in my 50's and got it for c7000 baht a year ago (reduced prices for over 50's).

Tend to drop price - promotion? - from about Feb onwards.

No idea what they are charging this year!

Sometimes they allow 'potential' customers to use facilities - a number of times - for free - via coupons/vouchers etc.

Evenings tend to be very busy, but can't be more specific than that i.e may vary depending on day-of-the-week / public hols etc.

Why not pay them a visit - good exercise :D

Tony :D

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome, I can reccomend Fitness Thailand, They have a huge gym, huge locker room, lots of tread mills, cross trainers, tons of weight machines and free weights. They offer free yoga, and free bike spinning classes, ...I paid 7,000 baht for one year. If you go between 0900-1600 you will never have to wait for a machine. even peak times there are still plenty of machines to go around.

It's located on the 7th floor of icon square, which is not far from the traffic light on the north east corner of the moat(outside the moat heading into town)

There are lots of other good gyms in town and some are brand new and might not come up on a search as someone suggested. I'm sure some of the other members will share info on their favorite gym...good luck

Edited by bungalowbill

Thanks guys... was sort of thinking of the killing two birds route by going to one with a pool as well.

killing... hmmm no pun intended BungalowBill :o

The Duangtuan hotel has a good gym and a pool on the 4th floor

The Duangtawan has a shallow L shape swimming pool which makes doing laps very difficult. When it gets hot, lots of tourists are walking around the pool aimlessly getting in the way and lots of kids playing games.

There are much better gyms in town all in all.

Orchid, my friend, Orchid. As in Chiang Mai Orchid Hotel.

Check it out- funky old gym w/ de basics, but all the necessary standard gym gear, machines, etc.

Upstairs on the level above the gym, a great pool.

HILLSIDE 4 Condo - a little up from the Orchid Hotel, are doing a great deal this month: annual membership for 5500 baht - includes pool/sauna/gym etc.

Noticed the promotion today - whilst there for Tai Chi training class.

Tony :o

The Center of the Universe (that really is the name) on Chang Khien Road has a great pool for doing laps without all the tourist milling around or kids messing around in the pool. Worth checking out if that is your part of town.

I agree!

This must be the number ONE pool for those of you who like to do some 'serious' lengths :o

Spoke last week to Philip - English manager - who runs/owns it.

c12000 baht pa for unlimited use.

200 baht for daily use BUT you can get a promotion card that only charges you 100 baht for the first 5 to 6 visits.

In addition: some smaller and separate training/kiddy pools behind main one.

Cafe.

Bungalows to rent.

Superb location and very well managed.

'GOOGLE' for their website.

Tony :D

I was reading another fitness thread on TV CM, from mid 2007 I think, and they were high on Platinum Fitness.

Is that still around, or gone under?? thx

Yep, Platinum across Rt. 107 - Chiang Mai - Fang road from Lanna Golf is good and is still open. Good place, but have to use in the mornings - busy on weekends.

the sports stadium (not 700 years) i think they call it municiple stadium is open from 9.30-12.30 then 1.30-7.30pm mon-friday and its only 20 bhat per time, more of a gym than a fitness centre but they do allow you to use the running track if you want to.