Holiday Visit To Thailand

My friend in Davao,a Philipino wants to come to visit for a few weeks holiday.

He enquires at the Thai Manila embassy as to the requirements and is told he will not require a visa,but must show his return ticket to Philippines and also show 50,000 pesos which I think is about 40,000baht.

This money requirement seems high,I havnt been able to confirm this by looking at any internet site,I can only find reference to 10,000 baht.

Can anyone confirm or otherwise?

Thanks

My friend in Davao,a Philipino wants to come to visit for a few weeks holiday.

He enquires at the Thai Manila embassy as to the requirements and is told he will not require a visa,but must show his return ticket to Philippines and also show 50,000 pesos which I think is about 40,000baht.

This money requirement seems high,I havnt been able to confirm this by looking at any internet site,I can only find reference to 10,000 baht.

Can anyone confirm or otherwise?

Thanks

Your friend being a Filipino passport holder is a ASEAN member, he does not require a visa and will be allowed 28 days on arrival. I have never ever heard of anyone being asked to show anything but a valid return ticket !

Although the official requirement remains 10/20k on MFA web site there have been posted notices reported within the last year at Immigration check points that the requirement for visa exempt entry was the same as visa entry - 20k for single or 40k for family entry.

Visa exempt entry is 30 days.

he can come on a 30 day entry stamp with valid return ticket

and he is very lucky, when he is getting a visa from manila embassy with returnticket and 50.000 peso, dont arguee with manila embassy ( you lucky they dont want to see a hotelvoucher) .! even when he have 50.000 its not sure he get the visa in manila.

its the most shit place to require a visa...............

good luck

he can come on a 30 day entry stamp with valid return ticket

and he is very lucky, when he is getting a visa from manila embassy with returnticket and 50.000 peso, dont arguee with manila embassy ( you lucky they dont want to see a hotelvoucher) .! even when he have 50.000 its not sure he get the visa in manila.

its the most shit place to require a visa...............

good luck

Thankyou all for your replies.

I do know that Thai/Ph have an agreement that they do not have to pay for a visa to visit Thailand.

I can perhaps forsee a problem at Bangkok,assuming he manages to board a plane!!He will have his return ticket and some spending money...but its going to depend on the immigration officer as to exactly how much money he has with him....all rather unsatisfactory ??