Dark Yellow Urine

jm49er1

a couple of weeks ago my urine color changed to a darker yellow and has maintained this darker color ever since- i can think of no major change in my diet or my fluid consumption - any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Edited by jm49er1

a couple of weeks ago my urine color changed to a darker yellow - i can think of no major change in my diet or my fluid consumption - any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Dehydration probably or Vitamin C supplements.

Do you feel OK?

Cheers

a couple of weeks ago my urine color changed to a darker yellow - i can think of no major change in my diet or my fluid consumption - any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Dehydration probably or Vitamin C supplements.

Do you feel OK?

Cheers

i feel fine - go to the gym 3-4 times a week and do 45 minutes aerobic exercise and then generally lift weights for 15-20 minutes - i don't take and supplements but do have a large glass of fresh squeezed orange juice every day ( have been doing this for a couple of years)

a couple of weeks ago my urine color changed to a darker yellow and has maintained this darker color ever since- i can think of no major change in my diet or my fluid consumption - any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Honest to God, WATER.

4-5 litres a day.

do it for 4 days. Nothing changes, hit the Doc.

2. Are you drinking anything like "Gatorade" or the like? Electrolyte drinks?

3. Are you taking ant Multi-vitamin stuff?

4. Food colours - check.

Please let me know how you go as urine is a passion of mine having spent years in the bush.

How weird is that ???????

some years ago my urine became an alarmingly dark color so I went to the doc (local shop house clinic) here in Suphan who checked me over, analyzed a sample...he then took an x - ray that revealed kidney stones...'ye got blood in yer urine...' he mumbled...he said not to worry and that if I wanted them removed to go to the big hospital in amphur Suphan.

's funny 'cause there was no discomfort, nothing otherwise unusual. Later the color got back to normal...never did look to see if the stones were still there...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Honest to God, WATER.

4-5 litres a day.

4. Food colours - check.

Please let me know how you go as urine is a passion of mine having spent years in the bush.

sounds like good advice - last night i drank 3 liters of water before going to bed - had to get up and pee about 10 times during the night but color was much better - will continue this for the next few days and report back - thanks!

Urine color is not by itself an indicative of anything. As it has been said dehydration and vitamins especially vitamin-b complex will cause you urine to be darker.

The main signs that you should seek help is cloudy urine and pain or discomfort upon urination. And it is very unlikely that it would be hepatitis. If it was you would have yellowed scleras (whites of your eyes), yellowing of the skin, and fatigue among other symptoms. It is very common for any persons urine to change in color because there are many factors that cause it to change.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. But if it is cloudy and you have painful urination seek medical attention.

Cheers :o

GunnyD

I would think if your not consuming the required amt of water(already posted) this would be the usual culprit.

especially if your working out a lot & using up your body's store of water. I drank close to 5 liters of water a day when I used the same- or similar regiment at the gym. My urine would get a darker yellow color when I did not have enough water & got dehydrated. It could be other things as well as mentioned.

You sound healthy. Try the right amt. of water-if the urine is still dark go in for a checkup to find out whassup.

it appears that more water was the answer - i drank a lot more water for a few days and everything seems to have cleared up - thanks for everyones help and advice

Great news. :o

Yes, just substituting 10 glasses of water for 10 glasses of strong ale can make an incredible difference :D

Honest to God, WATER.

4-5 litres a day.

4. Food colours - check.

sounds like good advice - last night i drank 3 liters of water before going to bed - had to get up and pee about 10 times during the night but color was much better - will continue this for the next few days and report back - thanks!

It might be worth picking up some electrolite powder, can get them at most pharmacies about 5 Baht a sachet. By the way they taste like $hit!!!!!

Dark urine can mean a lot of "protein" in your kidneys,thats why you see the Doctors doing urine checks,to see the amount of protein in your kidneys.

This is what they call the "silent killer",because it usually destroys the kidneys before you get any symptoms.

i have a lot of protein in my kidneys and urine and have to take medication to slow the rate of damage.

Drink more water,get a urine check for protein.

it appears that more water was the answer - i drank a lot more water for a few days and everything seems to have cleared up - thanks for everyones help and advice

Hopefully that was the problem... My newphews they never drink water, and they also don't flush the toliet.. A few times there would be the darkest yellow piss in the toliet bowl I've ever seen... I had asked them, don't you guys drink any water, they both said no ... "what for" .... I also asked them if they ever flush that dam_n toliet.. They deny not flushing.. :o