Penang Visa Requirements As Confirmed

Documents required for application for Non-Immigrant 'B' & 'O' visa, Tourist Visa & Transit Visa

Tourist Visa (60 days stay): two recent photographs, copy of passport , the applicant must possess instrument of means of living expenses 10,000 per person and 20,000 Baht per family accordingly. produce instrument of transport out of Thailand

(full paid ticket) also evidence of residence in Thailand (Tourist Visa only SINGLE entry is issue in Penang currently)

Transit Visa (30 days stay): two recent photographs, copy of passport, living expenses, produce instrument of transport out of Thailand

(full paid ticket)

Non-Immigrant (Single-90 days stay, Visa validity 90 days, Multiple-90 days stay, Visa validity 12 months)

For employment purposes

1. Copy of passport and two recent photographs

2. Copy of academic degree(s) or curriculum vitae

3. Original letter of recommendation of the company/employer stating the reason for employment, position and salary.

4. Copy of the company's registration certified by authorized director(s), if teaching-school registration duly certified.

5. Copy of list of company's shareholders(s) (if any)

6. Copy of Memorandum of Association/company's Regulation (if any)

7. Copy of the company's latest income tax statement (Por. Ngor.Dor50 and 30)

8. Copy of the company's latest regulation of value added tax (por. Ngor 20)

9. Copy of the Company's latest balance –sheet

10. List of expatriates and foreign workers employed by the company (specified by name, nationality and position)

11. In case of exporting company, bill of lading or bank statement(s) indicating exporting transactions is required.

12. Original Copy of the 'Application Receiving Form' WP.3 from the Department of Employment- a must or work permit.

For Business purposes

1. Copy of passport and two recent photographs

2. Letter of recommendation of the applicant's company indicating the reason of visit.

3. If self-employed, please present financial state of the applicant.

4. Documents required from the inviting company in Thailand

4:1 Letter of invitation stating reason of visit

4:2 Copy of the company's Registration certified by authorized director(s)

4:3 Copy of list of company's Shareholder(s)

4:4 Copy of the company's latest registration of value added tax (Poor. Nor.20)

4:5 Copy of the Company's latest balance-sheet

Original Copy of the 'Application Receiving Form' WP.3 from the Department of Employment- a must or work permit.

(for MULTIPLE ENTRIES: ORIGINAL WORK-PERMIT MUST BE PRODUCE with the application)

For Retirement/Married to Thai National (Non-Immigrant Category " O") also to spouse & children of Foreigners working/retires)

Copy of passport and two recent photographs

1. Retirement-(should be more than 50 years old)- prove of pension/fund/ Thai bank account must be produced and pension documents certified, if possible by respectful Embassies/Consulate (pension/fund should be at least 40,000 bhat monthly). 800,000 fixed deposit for multiple entries. (evidence of address, e.g. tenancy agreement)

2. Married to Thai National-Original married certificate, also a copy/ or birth certificate of children, living expenses-original Thai Bank Account, copy of spouse's Thai house Certificate (Tabian Bank), copy of spouse's Thai Identity Card. (evidence of address, e.g. tenancy agreement)

3. Spouse working: a letter from Employer, copy of passport, copy of Thai work-permit, copy of marriage certificate.

REMARK: Applicants with Non-Immigrant "B" visa (working) After entering Thailand is advised to apply for work-permit which should be presented to the authorities upon visa application next time.

All documents submitted must be translated into Thai or English certified by Embassies/appropriate authorities.

Consular hrs: 09.00-12.00 hrs. For submitting visa application

14.00-16.00 hrs (of the next working day) for collecting visa

Weekend closed: Saturday & Sundays. Holidays in January 08: 23rd

Visa Fees: Non-Immigrant RM220.00-single entry RM550.00- Multiple entries within 12 months

Tourist Visa-RM110.00 per entry, Transit Visa –RM90.00 per entry (as from 2 July 2007)

(All fees must in Malaysia Ringgit & cash only)

Gratis to Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea & Tunisia Passport holders.

ROYAL THAI CONSULATE-GENERAL,

No. 1 Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman,

10350 Penang, Malaysia

*Item No. 12, Your future employer must lodge an application for work=permit before Non-Immigrant B can be issued and bring the original receipt (WP 3) Teachers too

Wp 3 receipt is not a work permit, it is a acknowledgement receipt from the Labour Office that you have lodged an application for work permit.

Thanks for the detailed info. Any mention (verbal or in writing) about requirement for the flight ticket to be 'out of the region'? Does a flight ticket to Malaysia or Vietnam suffice if your nationality is a western one?

Edited by 7

Tourist Visa (60 days stay): two recent photographs, copy of passport , the applicant must possess instrument of means of living expenses 10,000 per person and 20,000 Baht per family accordingly. produce instrument of transport out of Thailand

(full paid ticket) also evidence of residence in Thailand (Tourist Visa only SINGLE entry is issue in Penang currently)

In addition to showing an air ticket home and proof accommodation they now want to see some financial "instrument"?

Add to this their warning stamps and they have now officially joined Manila as the worst places to get a tourist visa.

From best to worst in 18 months.

Wp 3 receipt is not a work permit, it is a acknowledgement receipt from the Labour Office that you have lodged an application for work permit.

How can you apply for a work permit BEFORE having the Non "B" Visa in your passport??

Edited by 7

"a full paid ticket" - to where? For me I am a PR (permanent Resident) of Singapore but hold a UK passport. My Thai non O is issued from UK. I don't use Penang but just wondered what would happen to someone similar whose home country is NOT their passport issue country....?

How can you apply for a work permit BEFORE having the Non "B" Visa in your passport??

No problem, I applied for my WP over two years ago.

Came here on visa exempt stamp and applied for WP.

Got my WP3 and went to Penang and got my single entry Non-B for three months.

Now you send your copy of your Non-B visa to labour office.

When you get your WP, go down to Penang one more time for your 1-year Non-B.

This has been enforced for two and half years now.

If you get your workpermt you can extend your non immigrant visa at suan plu

for 1 year ,then go back to the labour office to get a 1 year extension on your

workpermit

No problem, I applied for my WP over two years ago.

Came here on visa exempt stamp and applied for WP.

Got my WP3 and went to Penang and got my single entry Non-B for three months.

Now you send your copy of your Non-B visa to labour office.

When you get your WP, go down to Penang one more time for your 1-year Non-B.

This has been enforced for two and half years now.

2. Married to Thai National-Original married certificate, also a copy/ or birth certificate of children, living expenses-original Thai Bank Account, copy of spouse's Thai house Certificate (Tabian Bank), copy of spouse's Thai Identity Card. (evidence of address, e.g. tenancy agreement)

Ofcourse it doesn't mention any sums of money that is requested to be going through or be in the accounts so the rejection can be completely arbitrarily.