Long Tern Visa

I was married to a Thai lady for 10 years than had an amicable divorce. During

that time I have become "family" with her parents, sisters/relatives, vist them often and still send support. Although now divorced do you think I have a chance with the Americn Embassy to get a long term visa since I plan to move there now. I am well over 55. Thanks you your ideas

that time I have become "family" with her parents, sisters/relatives, vist them often and still send support. Although now divorced do you think I have a chance with the Americn Embassy to get a long term visa since I plan to move there now. I am well over 55. Thanks you your ideas

If money is no problem, then the visa won't be a problem either, in my experience. Do a search here in the visa section for more details or post a more specific question there.

The American Embassy has nothing to do with Thai visas, if that is what you are talking about. To come here in retirement requires 800k baht in a Thai bank account or a combination of pension/deposit amounting to 800k per year. The US Embassy will provide a letter to help in this process but that is their only involvement. This stay can be extended on a yearly basis without leaving Thailand upon proof of funds and basic medical exam.

You are of retirement age ( over 50 years of age is how Thai Immigration see that ) so simply go for a retirement visa.