How To Get The Smell Of Cat Pee Out Of A Couch?

Florin

Does anyone have any idea? I used the kitty litter to absorb the dampness, a sponge with some detergent, yet the smell is still there...this is a cloth-covered couch, by the way. Is there anything that can be done, or do I have to get a new (imitation leather, those cheap airlines know what they're doing) one?

Does anyone have any idea? I used the kitty litter to absorb the dampness, a sponge with some detergent, yet the smell is still there...this is a cloth-covered couch, by the way. Is there anything that can be done, or do I have to get a new (imitation leather, those cheap airlines know what they're doing) one?

ya cant, throw it away!

Yes, vinegar will do the trick. You might want to dampen down the outer covering of the couch and you may have to get the inner part quite wet. I have 3 cats and two of them don't get along and think it's their god-given write to spray anything and everything. Vinegar does the trick. I periodically have to mop the floors and wipe down things with vinegar and water as well!

(And yes the cats are neutered).

A hessian sack and a couple of bricks should prevent any further accidents.

On a serious note, thanks for the advice regarding the vinegar, I wish I'd none that before when the cat pissed all over my cricket leg guards, ended up having to bin them.

• 4 months later...

Hope this is not too late anyway...just try this method I have a persian cat and I have same problem..Just rub the smelly area with sponge or damp cloth then use electric fan to dry it. after spray some rubbing alcohol.It works to me

Does anyone have any idea?

In the back of the UBC magazine there is an advert for Coits cleaning (or something), I cant find the book just now.

I don't know what they use but our sofa stunk thanks to a new cat peeing on it twice. After they cleaned it this week there is no smell of pee left.

Thai Magic maybe ?

Ultimately ended up getting a new couch :o The old one was actually more of a "loveseat" and quite worn (came with the apartment), so it was a good excuse to get a much bigger one...2500 Baht in Carrefour made the problem go away.

The new one is imitation leather, those LCC airlines know what they're doing, super-easy to keep clean.