Dreamcatcher Guest House

Sue&John

Our brief visit to Dreamcatcher was a wonderful change from the busy city. Owned by a French Canadian Lady named Annabel Larocque. It's a newly built guest house in the Lana style in a flat rural setting with small tributary rivers on two sides. The buildings are joined together by teak walkways and balconies all around. All the rooms are immaculately furnished and spotlessly maintained.

The bedrooms are all en suite with the superior suite having it's own jacuzzi in the open air but totally private. The raised suites give a panoramic view of the peaceful location.

You can relax in the sala while enjoying a professional massage. You can swim in the large infinity pool with water cascading over carved elephants or chill out in the covered bar area or sit in the suspended seating.

Our time spent there was both rejuvenating and calming. A friendly welcome, wonderful staff and exceptional gardens awaited us.

A little off the beaten track but well worth finding. Perfect for a break, romantic weekend or executive stop over. We were so impressed we will be staying there in the next couple of weeks. We just went WOW!

so where is it and how much are the rooms

It's at Ban Buak Khrok Tai

go up the 108 and turn left at the next lights after night safari, over bridge and turn right op sign on left. Follow signs.

081 950 4233. I expect the rates are different off or on season, but what got us was the total synergy of everything and the design excellence. The owner can design the interior of my home, anytime! I wonder if she would do something like that? She is definitely capable.

Hope this helps. :o

A little off the beaten track but well worth finding. Perfect for a break, romantic weekend or executive stop over.

Seconded.

Have been there on a few occassions, but didn't stay overnight. It's certainly a beautiful very peaceful place. The food they serve was excellent each time I ate there.

Definitely a great place to relax for a couple of days!

Nienke

True, just with all the trouble to make a thread about it, at least it would be interesting to know how much they paid.

King Deluxe Suite (with jacuzzi)

3,500.- incl. ABF

3,000.- incl. ABF

Queen Deluxe room

2,500.- incl. ABF

2,000.- incl. ABF

Twin Deluxe room

2,500.- incl. ABF

2,000.- incl. ABF

Extra bed

1,000.- incl. ABF

1,000.- incl. ABF

True, just with all the trouble to make a thread about it, at least it would be interesting to know how much they paid.

3,500.- incl. ABF

3,000.- incl. ABF

Queen Deluxe room

2,500.- incl. ABF

2,000.- incl. ABF

Twin Deluxe room

2,500.- incl. ABF

2,000.- incl. ABF

Extra bed

1,000.- incl. ABF

1,000.- incl. ABF

We only delivered a freezer the owner had bought and ended up staying 3 hours. The rate you have quoted seems fair to me for the standard offered - Its worth it for the chill-out feeling

3,500.- incl. ABF

3,000.- incl. ABF

Queen Deluxe room

2,500.- incl. ABF

2,000.- incl. ABF

Twin Deluxe room

2,500.- incl. ABF

2,000.- incl. ABF

Extra bed

1,000.- incl. ABF

1,000.- incl. ABF

And if you would really like all your dreams to come true.....

"Two (2) names are required for a booking in a Twin / Double room. The name must be indicated on the voucher and match the passport / I.D card. If a second name is not provided prior to arrival, your client will be charged an additional Baht 800. - Net per night for each visitor. Your guests will be required to pay this amount directly to the hotel." :o

"Two (2) names are required for a booking in a Twin / Double room. The name must be indicated on the voucher and match the passport / I.D card. If a second name is not provided prior to arrival, your client will be charged an additional Baht 800. - Net per night for each visitor. Your guests will be required to pay this amount directly to the hotel." :D

Sounds like the place to be for serious fun! :o Stalag Luft Dreamchaser :D

• 2 weeks later...
As I said, I 've not stayed overnight.

But sure enough you can take the effort to google for 'Dreamcatcher Chiangmai' and get the info you're asking for. :o

Nienke

Dear All,

We have just returned from our weekend break at Dreamcatchers and we are totally impressed with everything. We could not have asked for more!

We arrived at about 10a.m. and were greeted with fresh brewed coffee and offers of anything we could like to eat. I have serious dietry problems but was well catered for the whole weekend. Lashings of fresh crusty bread were available, fruit, yoghurt, eggs, bacon and still more coffee. the choice was ours.

At 1p.m. we were offered lunch and we chose sandwiches which were delicious and we ate by the pool. A massage was booked for us which we had after a swim in the infinity pool. We both felt great. Chairs were taken to the river bank and we fished until dusk.

In the evening dinner was made for us and we sat and listened to music in the dining and living room area.

All I can say is, we cannot wait to go back. The food was of a standard befitting the quality of the accommodation. Selections such as Jamaican Pot Roast, Couscous, Lasagne, chicken and fish dishes, and whats great is Annabelle is so flexible and will make what you ask for.

It is the ideal place for a romantic weekend or a honeymoon. We were on our anniversary break and the jacuzzi suite just fitted the bill.

Tranquil and chic, immaculate and ultra comfortable are all adjectives we would use. Can't wait for the next opportunity to stay. :D

"Two (2) names are required for a booking in a Twin / Double room. The name must be indicated on the voucher and match the passport / I.D card. If a second name is not provided prior to arrival, your client will be charged an additional Baht 800. - Net per night for each visitor. Your guests will be required to pay this amount directly to the hotel." :D

Sounds like the place to be for serious fun! :o Stalag Luft Dreamchaser :D

Noi should suffice.

Dreamcatcher is located in Saraphi in the south of Chiang Mai. Whenever I bring my daughter to her school. Before I turn to the right I see a sign 1,2 km to Dreamcatcher. I cannot judge about the quality of the rooms, the service, the food, since I've never been there. I only can tell about the location. It's in the middle of nowhere. It's a very flat area, most probably surrounded by rice fields. There is no place to go in a walking distance. You need your own car. And depending on the traffic it takes about 20 - 30 minutes by car to get to the center of Chiang Mai.

If someone does not want to stay in the city. I'd rather would recommand to go to the north of Chiang Mai. There are the mountains, the forrests, the elephant camps etc.