Wedding Papers

skinnygoat

i want to get the papers for get married but the head office is in bangkok, and the man at the visa, marrige shop wants 3000 baht just to send the papers to bangkok to get a stamp, im sure hes earning 2900 baht profit out of this! does anyone know how to do this cheapley? im not a tight fisted person at the same time i dont want to get fisted! any replys helpful thanks :o

No real answer for ya, but if you do decide to get 'fisted' then you will be 'fisted' back and sent out of LOS without your papers and a "NOT WELCOME BACK" sign stamped in your passport.

Suck it up and go get them yourself. Only the safest way to do it.

You have completely missed his meaning on being fisted - it has nothing to do with punching someone in the face :o

Getting back to the OP - the papers have to be stamped and registered at the main office of the Dept of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok and you will probably have no real option but to take a deep breath, smile and say thankyou as he sends them off. Going to and back from Bangkok will obviously cost you more and be a real hassle. Remember this is your marriage and that is worth the irritations of getting the paperwork sorted. Get the receipt and keep it for when you submit the papers to Immigration etc.

CB

Get the receipt and keep it for when you submit the papers to Immigration etc.

CB

Whoa, could you clarify this comment for me please? Is the receipt from the visa agency really necessary to have in the future? Or is it the notarized declaration & translation with MFA stamp that you're talking about? I recently registered my marriage in CM but I didn't think to keep any receipt from the visa agency I used for this purpose. I'm not even sure they gave it back to me when I picked up my documents.

Get the receipt and keep it for when you submit the papers to Immigration etc.

CB

Whoa, could you clarify this comment for me please? Is the receipt from the visa agency really necessary to have in the future? Or is it the notarized declaration & translation with MFA stamp that you're talking about? I recently registered my marriage in CM but I didn't think to keep any receipt from the visa agency I used for this purpose. I'm not even sure they gave it back to me when I picked up my documents.

In my experience keeping receipts is a good idea and in Thailand doubly so, add to that the importance of a marriage certificate and visa application then keeping the necessary documentation to show the dept of immigration that the application has been submitted to the dept of foreign affairs and registered at the same place seems to me to be a good idea. In my many dealings with Government offices in Thailand I have found that you can never have too much documentation and receipts are included in that group. Most times they will tell you that it is not needed nor do they care but in the past I have been asked for the most odd thing and once it was for a receipt for my income statement. They had the statement but wanted "to check" I had an official receipt from the bank and not just run it up myself.

CB

Hmmm, went through the same rigmarole a couple of years back and the end result was a marriage certificate from the amphur office. That, together with the house book, my passport, and in case you want to register a vehicle, a letter from immigration/your embassy, and you're pretty much covered for most official form-filling, unless you are employed and that's a whole new can of worms... :o

Cheers,

Pikey.

No real answer for ya, but if you do decide to get 'fisted' then you will be 'fisted' back and sent out of LOS without your papers and a "NOT WELCOME BACK" sign stamped in your passport.

Suck it up and go get them yourself. Only the safest way to do it.

You have completely missed his meaning on being fisted - it has nothing to do with punching someone in the face :o

CB

I dont' think I mentioned punching. I'm not that naive. :D

Hmmm, went through the same rigmarole a couple of years back and the end result was a marriage certificate from the amphur office. That, together with the house book, my passport, and in case you want to register a vehicle, a letter from immigration/your embassy, and you're pretty much covered for most official form-filling, unless you are employed and that's a whole new can of worms...

This was the answer I expected at the beginning of the thread. All I did was register the marriage at the Amphur and was finished. In all the years since then, I have never needed anything else (e.g., something from some ministry in BKK), except as Pikey pointed our for registering a vehicle, etc.

I have never been asked for anything else from CNX immigration, so has anything really changed?