Cable Tv Chiang Mai

venturalaw

I usually watch my tv for free by using TVU player or by joost. Both are free and can be downloaded on the net. Both also have multiple news networks (including Fox News) from many different countries.

Another option is to buy a "slingbox" and have a friend connect it to their connection in the USA. I know someone who uses this here and swears by it.

Edited by earlofwindermere

I usually watch my tv for free by using TVU player or by joost. Both are free and can be downloaded on the net. Both also have multiple news networks (including Fox News) from many different countries.

Another option is to buy a "slingbox" and have a friend connect it to their connection in the USA. I know someone who uses this here and swears by it.

Thank you very much.

Is there any other news on Fox that's NOT related to the election? Just curious, like.

The shrill sensationalism is absolutely scandalous - how on earth do they get away with it? It's like watching the Daily Mail.

AJ is also appallingly biased - the world is starving to death and it's all your fault!

BBC World is too dull for words - "BBC World - putting news first", or so they say every 5 mins. If-bloody-only.

I love the BBC documentaries. My problem with them is how they present news that conflicts with their agenda.

BBC like all broadcasters have gone downhill probably due to the lowest common denominator factor of globalization, but I don't see a strong agenda. They are set up not to have an agenda. Explain what you mean please UG.

Probably because I said "biased". You added the "more" part for your own amusement. :o

No, I added nothing. Perhaps, though, your thinking changed since your earlier post on the subject?

I think that Fox News is . . . just as "unbiased" as BBC or CNN

No, "unbiased" means no bias at all, but they are all biased, only to different degrees. :D

You should have been a lawyer! :D In any case, that suggests the possibility that you accept that one news organization, such as, for example, the BBC, could have a teeny-tiny bit of bias on one or two issues once or twice a year, whereas another, such as, say, Fox News, could be riddled with extreme bias on every issue 24 hours of every day. Most excellent! Our thinking may not differ as much as I thought. :o

Hate to sound like a total snob/pointy-head faux intellectual.....but don't you guys (and gals) know that watching the telly turns your brain to cottage cheese? Yes, this is absolute fact. I know, because I saw a documentary on this very issue on the Discovery/National Geographic/Proctor&Gamble/IRU footie channel.... :D

I used to work out in a 24 Hour Fitness (big fitness chain in USA) where, due to the political proclivities of most of the patrons (Orange County, California), Fox was pretty much on all the time on the overhead monitors. Got a pretty good look and listen over a period of time.

I don't think they are any more biased than NPR (National Public Radio) is....they are just preaching to the choir. The Dick Cheney choir ( :o ).

All these "news" organizations could be better termed marketing/advertising/entertainment/infomercial agencies.

You watch them to have your core values and beliefs reaffirmed on a constant basis.

If you want to stimulate your mind, and see differing opinions, read the Op-Ed page in pretty much any decent newspaper worldwide.

A 30 second sound bite is no substitute.... :D