1 Day Overstay Bkk Ariport

I have only had a one day overstay once (about 6 months ago --- I was sick the morning I needed to make a border run) they charged me the 500. That was at Baan Laem and not an airport.

Because immigration officers take a dim view of such negative stamps in passports - every country he enters is going to see that stamp as they decide if he should be allowed entry. Hopefully that will be the only negative in there check and no adverse action will be taken as a result of it. Consulates may also think twice before they issue a visa. Thus far Thailand has been very understanding - some other countries have not been.

Because immigration officers take a dim view of such negative stamps in passports - every country he enters is going to see that stamp as they decide if he should be allowed entry. Hopefully that will be the only negative in there check and no adverse action will be taken as a result of it. Consulates may also think twice before they issue a visa. Thus far Thailand has been very understanding - some other countries have not been.

Some scans may help illustrate here that a one-day overstay "stamp" is nothing to worry about.

Lopburi3, spot the big "negative stamp" in this passport that immigration officers the world over may take a dim view of and think twice before they issue a visa.

This passport has two, and there's never been a problem at any consulates or immigration offices.

Note: The 2nd scan is a one-day overstay stamp back in May 2006 before the new regulations came in effect. I doubt very much that any immigration officer other than Thai would have had a clue what that was, or that anyone would even notice them in a busy passport.

post-34982-1206191850_thumb.jpg

post-34982-1206191864_thumb.jpg

Some scans may help illustrate here that a one-day overstay "stamp" is nothing to worry about.

Lopburi3, spot the big "negative stamp" in this passport that immigration officers the world over may take a dim view of and think twice before they issue a visa.

This passport has two, and there's never been a problem at any consulates or immigration offices.

Note: The 2nd scan is a one-day overstay stamp back in May 2006 before the new regulations came in effect. I doubt very much that any immigration officer other than Thai would have had a clue what that was, or that anyone would even notice them in a busy passport.

post-34982-1206191850_thumb.jpg

post-34982-1206191864_thumb.jpg

The UK and US know what they are and often view them dimly.

Have a closer look at the first scan. There was NO overstay stamp given for the overstay last year. Where is your "sad OVERSTAY stamp"?

Edited by tropo

Have a closer look at the first scan. There was NO overstay stamp given for the overstay last year. Where is your "sad OVERSTAY stamp"?

Ummm I believe there is an overstay stamp on the right hand page at the top .. rectangle at an angle .. but it is hard to see as it is cut off

:o i overstayed by two days in january of this year 1000bht on the spot

Ummm I believe there is an overstay stamp on the right hand page at the top .. rectangle at an angle .. but it is hard to see as it is cut off

Did you leave from BKK airport?

Ummm, how about you go back and read my reply again. You'll discover that there was NO overstay stamp on the first scan. The dates are clearly marked so you can work out when that occured. The second one IS an overstay stamp, and there's nothing else to see....I cut the scan at the top so that I wouldn't disclose the passport number.

It would be great if you guys would take some time to read posts before you reply so at least you will be able to make informed replies. I went to the trouble of scanning a passport to show a real life situation to help people - and made it big so everyone could see all the details.

:o i overstayed by two days in january of this year 1000bht on the spot

Did you leave from BKK airport?

That's the fine you get when you leave from anywhere at 2 days overstay. The difference is that if you leave from BKK airport you get the first day free ONLY if you're one day over. 2 days incurs an automatic 1000 baht fine.

Indeed you did overstay on that first page, and assuming that overstay stamp didn't go onto another page of your passport, indeed there is no overstay stamp.

But I don't agree with your suggestion that a Thai overstay stamp is of no significance. Let me explain, I have a Lao partner, who stays frequently in Thailand, and very frequently in my home country. Up until now, he enters the Netherlands on a 90 days schengen visa (has done so three times, very soon to enter on his fourth). I always tell him not to overstay, as if he gets that overstay stamp, the people at the Dutch Embassy in Bangkok, are less likely to assign the visa, and they do know how a Thai overstay stamp looks like.

Of course, I guess that once that first schengen visa has been approved, and the subsequent visit went according to the rules (no overstay, reporting within a time frame as mandated by the law), it might not be a problem on subsequent visa appications, but you never know, and I don't want them to have any reason to deny the visa, most surely not with an overstay stamp from Thailand or any country for that matter.

Actually some of us did read and look at the images but tried not to comment on how obvious your overstay would appear to anyone looking at that first image - where the exit stamp points exactly to the date you were supposed to leave the country and indicates you did not. Don't believe a note was required to explain that one.

At first I was a bit confused, too, but then I figured it out.

First scan refers to the scanned passport pages 12 and 13. On page 13, admitted until 26 MAY 2007, departed 27 MAY 2007, short handwritten note in Thai below the departure stamp. Don’t know whether this is about the overstay.

Second scan, pages 8 and 9. On page 9, admitted until 14 MAY 2006, departed 15 MAY 2006, at top left of the page diagonally placed stamp with four lines of Thai text, which from the discussion in this thread is the overstay stamp.

--

Maestro

At first I was a bit confused, too, but then I figured it out.

First scan refers to the scanned passport pages 12 and 13. On page 13, admitted until 26 MAY 2007, departed 27 MAY 2007, short handwritten note in Thai below the departure stamp. Don’t know whether this is about the overstay.

Second scan, pages 8 and 9. On page 9, admitted until 14 MAY 2006, departed 15 MAY 2006, at top left of the page diagonally placed stamp with four lines of Thai text, which from the discussion in this thread is the overstay stamp.

--

Maestro

Bingo! No overstay stamp for one day's overstay when leaving at BKK airport in May 2007.

In hindsight, I shouldn't have included a scan from 2 years ago because it's only of historical interest and has confused most readers.

Edited by tropo

Indeed you did overstay on that first page, and assuming that overstay stamp didn't go onto another page of your passport, indeed there is no overstay stamp.

But I don't agree with your suggestion that a Thai overstay stamp is of no significance. Let me explain, I have a Lao partner, who stays frequently in Thailand, and very frequently in my home country. Up until now, he enters the Netherlands on a 90 days schengen visa (has done so three times, very soon to enter on his fourth). I always tell him not to overstay, as if he gets that overstay stamp, the people at the Dutch Embassy in Bangkok, are less likely to assign the visa, and they do know how a Thai overstay stamp looks like.

Of course, I guess that once that first schengen visa has been approved, and the subsequent visit went according to the rules (no overstay, reporting within a time frame as mandated by the law), it might not be a problem on subsequent visa appications, but you never know, and I don't want them to have any reason to deny the visa, most surely not with an overstay stamp from Thailand or any country for that matter.

The title of this thread is "1-day overstay at BKK airport". I have shown that they DON'T give an overstay stamp for a 1-day overstay. I have no idea what you get for 2 or more day's overstay.

the thai handwritten note under the triangular 27 may departure stamp mentions an overstay of less than 24 hours.

its hard to read , but i'm sure that that same information , as recorded on the immigration database is more user friendly.

i really dont know what your point is tropo.

the thai handwritten note under the triangular 27 may departure stamp mentions an overstay of less than 24 hours.

its hard to read , but i'm sure that that same information , as recorded on the immigration database is more user friendly.

i really dont know what your point is tropo.

Time to spell it out again:

1. I was NOT given an OVERSTAY STAMP for a 1-day overstay.

2. A 1-day overstay is not a big deal.

There were a few other points I made, so please go back and read my posts first. If you need further clarification, let me know.

I overstayed 6 days, 5 years ago. Have visited and lived in many countries since, and using the same passport recieved a non-immigrant B visa (multi 1 year) for Thailand late last year. No one has ever said anything about the overstaying incident.

The title of this thread is "1-day overstay at BKK airport". I have shown that they DON'T give an overstay stamp for a 1-day overstay. I have no idea what you get for 2 or more day's overstay.

Yet, in 2006 you did receive an overstay stamp, and then you also overstayed one day. So you hagven't shown anything, other then it seems to be at random, but it doesn't matter, As indicated by Lopburi3 already, it doens't take a rocket scientist to figure out that you did overstay on both cases, and again I don't want to risk this when getting a schengen visa, as it IS an overstay, stamp or not.

Thank you for the information on the handwritten note. Unable to read it, I could not know whether it belongs to the departure stamp above of the extension stamp below.

I would not be so sure that overstays without a fine, ie of one day only when leaving through an airport, are entered by immigration in a database. I have even some doubts whether any overstay, of any length, gets recorded in a central immigration database. When a fine is collected there obviously is some record kept in addition to the passport entry, for accounting purposes, but beyond that I would not venture a guess.

--

Maestro

it doens't take a rocket scientist to figure out that you did overstay on both cases,

I disagree. It would take somewhat of a rocket scientist, or maybe even a physicist or biochemist to go through 20 pages of a passport full of stamps and visas to actually determine overstays based on stamp dates alone.

I've had quite a few tourist visas issued AFTER these 2 x 1-day overstays. Perhaps the rocket scientists were absent on those occasions.

Who knows what Thailand might do in the future. I prefer to keep mine as clean as possible.

As for other countries, if you are from Europe, I doubt a short overstay in Thailand in your passport would prevent you from going to the US. But if you were from Malaysia or China and you had a couple of overstays in your passport, that might just be the difference between getting your visa or not getting your visa for the US.

I thought someone said that the overstay stamp was in English? The picture seems to be in Thai.

Edited by jstumbo

I need to overstay one day and will depart from bkk ariport. Is it still free for one day overstay? Any other new conditions?

Holy cat dioreah,i overstayed by 26 days in jan this year....they charged me 13,000bht at suvarmabhumi as i left....i was gonna try and get a non im o{married to a thai} from hull in the uk in august....will this affect my application?...come in lopburi

No need to wait for a particular member to come online to answer your question.

The approval of any visa application is at the discretion of the consulate where the application is made. Based on everything reported in this forum about the particular consulate you mention, there is no reason to believe that your application will be rejected.

Have a nice trip and an enjoyable sojourn in Thailand!

--

Maestro

P.S. Don't bring your cat :o

it doens't take a rocket scientist to figure out that you did overstay on both cases,

I disagree. It would take somewhat of a rocket scientist, or maybe even a physicist or biochemist to go through 20 pages of a passport full of stamps and visas to actually determine overstays based on stamp dates alone.

I've had quite a few tourist visas issued AFTER these 2 x 1-day overstays. Perhaps the rocket scientists were absent on those occasions.

That you actually had a few Thai tourist visas is immaterial, I was talking about a Lao citizen trying to obtain a schengen visa, the people back at the embassy have all the time in the world to go through twenty pages and find the obvious overstays commited by the passport holder, that can be reason enough to reject such a visa, not something I would want to risk.

I'm sure if I (as a Dutch citizen) have an overstay, it would not be a big deal either.

1. I was NOT given an OVERSTAY STAMP for a 1-day overstay.

Dude, you weren't given a STAMP of the rubber kind but the immigration officer did write in Thai as pointed out earlier that you were overstay. No big deal in my opinion, people overstay ONE day for any number of mishaps beyond their control.

I couldn't notice anything "sad" in the overstay stay stamp either mentioned by the Dr, though my hand writing interpretation skills are somewhat lacking, especially when reading Thai. If there was any "sadness" perhaps the immigration officer just had an exhausting day. Or perhaps some posters fixation with any kind of overstay being criminal in the extreme, even beyond borders, is sadder still?

Edited by Digitalbanana

No need to wait for a particular member to come online to answer your question.

The approval of any visa application is at the discretion of the consulate where the application is made. Based on everything reported in this forum about the particular consulate you mention, there is no reason to believe that your application will be rejected.

Have a nice trip and an enjoyable sojourn in Thailand!

--

Maestro

P.S. Don't bring your cat :D

Nice 1 maestro....reassuring words....ill just apply and go....just like the shampoo.....los for meeee,yipeeeee....p.s moggy with leaking gravy problems stays home...hee hee :o