29th Bangkok Motorshow

Honda not showing any bikes that are not equipped with PGM-FI (Fuel-Injection), the whole theme at Honda seems to be good for Environment and being green. It is marking that both Honda and Yamaha are prominent showing a 250cc scooter.

Honda also is showing a Honda CZ Motard, which is still a concept study. But it is a concept study of AP-Honda (Thailand), and it is of course equipped with Honda's own PGM-FI fuel injection system. I met a person who was close to Keihin (carburetor and throttle body manufacturer, extremely close to Honda) and he told me that the concept is closer to production then you would think.

Yamaha officially now made public that they going to sell in Thailand 5 motorcycles, which are the FZ-1, FZ6, YZF-R1, YZF-R6 and the FJR1300A Motorcycle Prices

I did not made it all the way to Suzuki and Kawasaki.... also there where some others I wanted to visit, did not got the time...

Edited by Richard-BKK

Just got back from the Motorshow.

The Ninja 250R wasnt bad,but think it will be overpriced for a Thai 250cc bike.

The Ninja 600 looked great in black.

On the Honda stand,the CBR600 and 1000 were being announced as available in Thailand next year for around 550k-650k baht.

The car stands were a disapointment with nothing 'special' on show.The only cars that stood out for me were the BMW 630,M3 and cabriolet.

The show didnt warrant the long long car park wait.

Yamaha has been selling four cylinder bikes in Chiang Mai, Phuket, Nakorn Ratchisma, and some village called Bangkok, for about a month already. At least, I have had the brochure since they showed them for sale here. They seemed to have given demo rides here in Chiang Mai, already.

C'mon, AP-Honda, give us a CBR15ORi.

Thanks, Richard, for that price list. Too rich for my American blood. I met up with two young Thais Friday who were on a BMW K1200S, lovely. The BMW was lovely, too.

Honda not showing any bikes that are not equipped with PGM-FI (Fuel-Injection), the whole theme at Honda seems to be good for Environment and being green. It is marking that both Honda and Yamaha are prominent showing a 250cc scooter.

No nda's own PGM-FI fuel injection system. I met a person who was close to Keihin (carburetor and throttle body manufacturer, extremely close to Honda) and he told me that the concept is closer to production then you would think.

Yamaha officially now made public that they going to sell in Thailand 5 motorcycles, which are the FZ-1, FZ6, YZF-R1, YZF-R6 and the FJR1300A Motorcycle Prices

I did not made it all the way to Suzuki and Kawasaki.... also there where some others I wanted to visit, did not got the time...

No sign of the Yamaha R15 - 150cc competition for Honda CBR150?

On the Honda stand,the CBR600 and 1000 were being announced as available in Thailand next year for around 550k-650k baht.

The car stands were a disapointment with nothing 'special' on show.The only cars that stood out for me were the BMW 630,M3 and cabriolet.

Any stands with non-jap bikes. Triumph? Ducati?

No nda's own PGM-FI fuel injection system. I met a person who was close to Keihin (carburetor and throttle body manufacturer, extremely close to Honda) and he told me that the concept is closer to production then you would think.

No sign of the Yamaha R15 - 150cc competition for Honda CBR150?

As far as I can work out following the motorshow news as best I can..

No mention of the R15 or the FZ150.. Seems like this may be a late arrival (if it even is this year) if it didnt make the show, lots of press clearly states these are destined for Thailand, Vietnam, Indo, India, etc.. One think I am also conscious of is the 150cc would also be under the legal cc that you should be able to take a bike into Vietnam for, now it seems currently even tho 200cc is the law the borders are still closed but its at least a hope for later.

surprising suzuki didn't have any of their 600/1000 liter sportbikes there.

Thought there would be a lot more stands selling merchandise, but only one shop bothered to have a stand (dirtbike shop),

Car show was a bit like going to your local sales garage and having a look around with the honda jizz being the main attraction, you would think the thing came from the moon with the attention it was getting. :o

was surprised at the amount of ksr's parked outside, must have been over a hundred of them there.

Oh yeah.. Any pics of the above Honda CZ motard ??

Got a bikes ' babes collection from the Motor Show up here, including 2 of the CZ Motard Concept bike.

Re riding into Vietnam, yeah it's a problem on just about anything now. Check out the repeated failed Nuovo attempts to get into here. But Laos & Cambodia are ok.

That is not really a 600 or 1000 bike, or we not count the last 300
surprising suzuki didn't have any of their 600/1000 liter sportbikes there.

Not sure about that

272333587_BUT55-M.jpg

Ok, got ya, you were being specific & not general as I thought. My mistake, sorry.

Oh yeah.. Any pics of the above Honda CZ motard ??

Got a bikes ' babes collection from the Motor Show up here, including 2 of the CZ Motard Concept bike.

Re riding into Vietnam, yeah it's a problem on just about anything now. Check out the repeated failed Nuovo attempts to get into here. But Laos & Cambodia are ok.

Nice..

Who is that x-road 250 by ?? Looks like the sachs x-road 125 ?!?! And sachs now being sold through JRD dealerships for the madass.

Couple of nice motards, have to think they are a good platform for Thai roads..

BMW making some seriously desirable bikes..

Sachs has little to do with JRD, Sacks is a German motorcycle manufacturer, and they make motorcycles as long as I can remember. Even lots of other motorcycle and car manufacturers use "parts" which are manufactured by Sachs.

It is of course possible that some JRD dealers are also Sachs dealers.

P.S. The current Sachs motorcycles available Thailand are manufactured in the Chinese Sachs factory. (and nothing wrong with that)

Well Sachs madass 125's are turning up in the JRD main dealers in the last month.. Patts / BKK for sure.. Phuket says they can get them but didnt know fully the pricing.

Make of that what you will.

Comments on another board claims theres legit Sach's and cheap chinese copy versions too.. I have no idea if thats correct, market FUD or which ones are being sold here.

Well Sachs madass 125's are turning up in the JRD main dealers in the last month.. Patts / BKK for sure.. Phuket says they can get them but didnt know fully the pricing.

Comments on another board claims theres legit Sach's and cheap chinese copy versions too.. I have no idea if thats correct, market FUD or which ones are being sold here.

I was at the trade only day at the start of the motorshow and had the opportunity to speak to the Owner of Sachs Germany!  A very nice German Gentleman.   He said that he does not make any motorcycles anywhere except in China!  Sachs Motorcycles are no longer made in Germany!  The cost of labour and materials prices  him out of the market.  All designing and R&D is done in Germany.  He has an exclusive agreement with The Owner of Tiger Motorcycles in Thailand for distrubution in Thailand.

BB

I have been trying to reach sachs worldwide on an entirely different note.. I hve tried the UK importer, a scandi importer and the german website all without a single response.

I dont suppose you got his card did you ??

Ohh and my comment about cheap Chinese copys.. I know Sachs are being made in China but what I meant is there appears to be legit Sachs versions made under license in Chaina, and theres also (so its claimed by what appears to be a Chinese poster connected to Sach) also inferior flat out copys (as we all know this is often how china operates, buy one and simply clone it IP rights be damned) being produced there too.

Will see if I cant find a link..

http://www.motorcycleasia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6905

matiasveloso, I know there is only 1 MadAss 125 sample shipped to Philippine. But some copy factory has copy SACHS MadAss (even put SACHS and MADASS name on its fake bikes) and sold the fake MadAss 125 to the people. matiasveloso, be careful that you don't buy the cheap and low-quality one! I learnt SACHS is using legal way to check the copy factory, so if the copy factory is punished by the law, there will be problems with the fake bikes.

Any stands with non-jap bikes. Triumph? Ducati?

Anyone else notice that new triumph retro with " made in england ' on the back ? how do they get away with that when the bike is made here ?

http://www.motorcycleasia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6905
matiasveloso, I know there is only 1 MadAss 125 sample shipped to Philippine. But some copy factory has copy SACHS MadAss (even put SACHS and MADASS name on its fake bikes) and sold the fake MadAss 125 to the people. matiasveloso, be careful that you don't buy the cheap and low-quality one! I learnt SACHS is using legal way to check the copy factory, so if the copy factory is punished by the law, there will be problems with the fake bikes.

All sachs madass now are made in china, there are no copies as far as im aware, the sachs company sold out the bulk of the shares to a chinese company, not a bad move in my opinion as the bike price will be kept low .its going to sell in spades ! Edited by mikethevigoman

I was at the trade only day at the start of the motorshow and had the opportunity to speak to the Owner of Sachs Germany! A very nice German Gentleman. He said that he does not make any motorcycles anywhere except in China! Sachs Motorcycles are no longer made in Germany! The cost of labour and materials prices him out of the market. All designing and R&D is done in Germany. He has an exclusive agreement with The Owner of Tiger Motorcycles in Thailand for distrubution in Thailand.

BB

That is totally correct, the owner ( ex ) is now a silent partner. he has sold all rights to the chinese, a very wise and profitable move as we will see, they will sell lots, im waiting to see how much for the 250, they couldnt give a price yet but it was on show,.if you have money to put into stocks this company will go right up !

Sorry for stupid question but where can I find info in english on the motor show- i.e. how to get there, any cost, when it opens/closes.. thanks!

I found the site says events stop on April 4th, does that mean its over already?

edit: ok, so it stops 6th. Does anyone know how long into the evening it goes on for?

Edited by OxfordWill

Today I had a quick look at a Tiger CX 135, personally I was a bit shocked. The CX 135 is a Motard style motorcycle. This is bit funny as the most secretly project of the last 2 years of AP-Honda was also a Motard style motorcycle.

The main difference is that Honda is going for refined 110cc for its CZ-Motard and Tiger is using the brute force of a 135cc which breaths big and has, as it looks, enough to exhale it exhaust.

I was delighted to hear that Tiger had upgraded the engine of the Rocketboy also, people who know maybe a bit more about me know I once supercharged a rocketboy 110cc with a turbo. This was only a partly success as the the 110cc engine did not produced enough pressure to fully produce enough power for the turbo.

The 135cc engine on the rocketboy opens a whole new world, for my last birthday my g/f give me one of the worlds smallest turbo kits, and with a 135cc it would probably produce enough exhaust pressure.

Anyone else notice that new triumph retro with " made in england ' on the back ? how do they get away with that when the bike is made here ?

If you are talking about this bike

YSSStand3LR.jpg

then yes it was one of the last Scramblers made in England [2006].

From late 2006 on, the Classic Triumph range [bonneville/Thruxton/Scrambler/America Speedmaster]

was moved to Chonburi.

Word is that the 1050 sportsbike triples may also soon be manufactured here.

Believe it or not QC is aparently better in Thailand than in back in Blighty! :o

It is easy to check where your Triumph is made, you just need to look at the 11th character of you VIN. If the 11th character is a J it is made in England, if it is a T you bike is made in Thailand.

Don't be surprised, as not all Triumphs in Thailand are Thai build....