Taxi Nai Harn

HDRIDER

I am usually using K. Mart he is using his car for taxi services in Naiharn, Chalong and Rawai area. He also has several other drivers who are working for him when he is busy. The cars he is using are the pickup trucks with the "cage"so they are having a roof. His prices are reasonable and you can bargain a bit as well. So far he was always there when i called him for taxi services(he is driving my customers at least 4-5 times a day) and it usually takes him about 10-15 min to pick up close to the chalong circle.

If you need his number you can PM me

Hi he can bring you to the airport too, time doesn't matter. Price usually 700 Baht one way

Something i've never understood. A 'taxi' (often unlicensed cars) seems to cost 6 or 700 baht from Chalong area to the airport. Yet just last week, i used the pre-pay booking desk AT the airport - which is supposed to be really expensive/rip off/ etc and it was just 350 baht, pay up front, no more to pay in the car, no visit to a gem shop or any other nonsense.

Now if the guys at the airport, who have to pay rental / concession fee etc can charge 350 baht to Chalong, why is a taxi on the street going the other way, double the price?

Something i've never understood. A 'taxi' (often unlicensed cars) seems to cost 6 or 700 baht from Chalong area to the airport. Yet just last week, i used the pre-pay booking desk AT the airport - which is supposed to be really expensive/rip off/ etc and it was just 350 baht, pay up front, no more to pay in the car, no visit to a gem shop or any other nonsense.
350 Baht for a private taxi from the airport to Chalong? Meter taxi will be about 400 Baht, limousine I guess 600 or 650.

Is that the new one, the competition for the limousine service? If so, excellent price. If not, there is something I don't understand about these prices.

This is probably because they are bigger companys, having a lot more drivers and cars, cars for rent so they can charge less.
I really don't think that is the reason.

The only explanation I can come up with for a taxi ride to Chalong for 350 Baht, is that it was a shared taxi. Maybe meter taxi, but I don't see the new taxi service at the airport charging half of what the limousine service charges.

This is probably because they are bigger companys, having a lot more drivers and cars, cars for rent so they can charge less.
I really don't think that is the reason.

The only explanation I can come up with for a taxi ride to Chalong for 350 Baht, is that it was a shared taxi. Maybe meter taxi, but I don't see the new taxi service at the airport charging half of what the limousine service charges.

Yeah i couldnt understand it either. I walked out of baggage claim, and there are a number of counters in front of you, one of which is a taxi counter. As i remember, it's the counter next to one of the exit doors - so it's the last counter in the line.

I thought it would be really expensive and was going to go out onto the car park or street to negotiate a taxi. Anyway, i asked in Thai how much to chalong, and she said 350. I thought 'that'll do nicely' Paid the money and was given a ticket. Someone called the next available taxi driver who took us to his car - parked on the far side of the car park

We jumped in and THEN he asked us where we were going.

I gave him the ticket and off we went to Chalong.

Definitely NOT a shared taxi.

All the while, i'm waiting for the scam. Gem shop tour sir, suit sir? Do you know how much the price of oil has gone up by? I have 12 kids, 3 wives and a sick buffalo. Nothing! He even drove sensiblyish.

Oh, he didnt have to pay to get out of the airport. He had some sort of coupon which he gave to the parking attendant, so he is clearly an 'official' taxi.

All in all, a very nice experience !

Hi

I understand all this, but i am not in the airport i am in Nai Harn and going to the airport, so i dont really care how much it cost, as long as i catch my plane, not fun to stay outside the house 0630 and taxi should be there 0600.

Hi

I understand all this, but i am not in the airport i am in Nai Harn and going to the airport, so i dont really care how much it cost, as long as i catch my plane, not fun to stay outside the house 0630 and taxi should be there 0600.

0814152706 (Khun Prasit)

I am in Nai Harn and I have used Khun Prasit for over 2 years mainly to go to the airport, he is very reliable and if he is not free himself he will send someone else.

He uses a sedan with nice cool air-conditioning and if he sends someone else they also always have sedans with air-con.

If you want to go at 6 am, it would be kind to tell him the evening before and not wake him at 5 am of course.

He will remember your name and where you live so the next times you don't have to explain it again. He usually arrives a few minutes early, too and waits in the driveway without ringing your doorbell or stressing you out, you just walk out when you are ready and he is there :o

His English is ok, too and he is very nice.

From Nai Harn to the airport he used to charge 700 but now with fuel prices up it's 800 and to the bus station in Phuket town it's 350 or 400, not sure.

He is also great if you want to go shopping at Central or run errands in Phuket town, he will drive you around all day and wait everywhere for you, even if you watch a movie at Central he will pick up up when you call him and say you are ready, for many hours of errands and waiting he usually charged 1000 Baht. He also helps with things if you go to a government office, he helped me get my first Thai drivers license for example, went to all counters with me and he knows someone at the transport office, too.

Here is his phone number:

0814152706 (Khun Prasit)

Oh and once he knows you and your phone number, you can also communicate well by SMS with him.

Edited by g00dgirl