Ph And Iron Control/filter For My Deep Water Well.

merijn

I googled an lot about this but only many inconclusive results found so hopefully somebody can help me here.

I just finished drilling my deep water well.

The depth is 40 mtr with about 3 M3/H of good quality except from the PH which is 4.85 and total dissolved IRON which is 1.59 mg/l.

I can't drill the well deeper because it is an watered fragmented granite layer and the depth shouldn't be not the problem but the granite is causing the problems.

The water is going from the well into an underground holding tank and from there by pump to my house and garden.

because the water is coming in contact with air ( holding tank ) it is getting brown from the iron in the water which results in dirt in the sinks and laundry and so on.

The PH dissolves the iron fittings and is not very good in general.

Because of this I’m looking to install an filter.

Can anybody tell which system i should take for increasing the PH and removing the Iron.

I'm trying to keep the water quantity of +/- 3M3/H the same as i will need this for my garden.

I saw at Homepro those big twin stainless steel filters but i don't know if that is what i need and those Homepro people are not helping either. :o

All info is welcome off course and I’m using government water until i found the solution.

Edited by merijn