Motorbike To The Airport

2long

Going on a 2 day trip soon and wondered if anyone had ridden a motorbike to the new airport? I have to go at a very early hour and may have taxi stress.

I appreciate I can't use the expressway, but is there safe(ish) parking at the new airport?

Going on a 2 day trip soon and wondered if anyone had ridden a motorbike to the new airport? I have to go at a very early hour and may have taxi stress.

I appreciate I can't use the expressway, but is there safe(ish) parking at the new airport?

Only police motorbikes are allowed on the expressway.

come to think of it, I don't recall seeing motorcycle parking at the airport. Of course I have never thought about it before, because, well, if you are going on a plane the motorcycle is not real conducive to carrying alot of luggage. I would be worried about leaving a motorcycle unattended for two days though. Real concerned. It may not be back there when you return, and you will end up having to take a taxi anyways. :o Seriously though, I wouldn't bother with the motorcycle and woudl just take a cab. TIT and if you leave your bike unattended for that long, it probably will be gone.

Can't you book a taxi? Should be piece of cake :o

I have a 15h stopover in Bangkok and solved my transportation problem by renting a car at Dong Muang and dropping it at Suvarnabhumi the next morning at 7am for 900B + petrol (Avis) , will not spend the night in BKK though :D

Guess that 1800B + parking fee for two days is too much versus taxi?

Early flite from Swampy....BKK.

Departing from Bangkok Centre Sukumvit, Soi 25 in Sukhumvit . Asoke.

I took Taximeter, asked driver NOT to use expressways etc.

Cost the magnificent sum of 170 Baht, it was at 0630 hrs.

From the airport at normal hours, I used shuttle and bus 552 (I think) 32 baht, stops at Sukhumvit, Soi 16, across Sukhumvit Rd from hostel, also rite near Skytrain, BTS, and Metro, MRT,get anywhere from there.

CBD, Victory monument is only 35 baht, once in city get Taximeter, so cheap.

Ya gotta be a titewad like me......LOL... :o ......love Bangers.

Not knowing exactly where you will be coming from, taxi if early, should be best bet.

Edited by Zpete

I'd be worried about getting caught in a rain-storm, and theft. Talk about stress. If you do not think you can find a taxi on the street, or find the radio-dispatch services (+ 20 baht) unreliable, then chat up a nearby driver a day or two before your departure and ask him to take you. If he can't/won't, chances are he'll find someone who can, perhaps the driver he shares tat taxi with?

On 10 April I could not get a radio-dispatch taxi, to DMK, with less than a 60 min. wait, nor could I find one passing on the street unless I paid a flat-fare, which is what I ended up doing.

On 10 April I could not get a radio-dispatch taxi, to DMK, with less than a 60 min. wait, nor could I find one passing on the street unless I paid a flat-fare, which is what I ended up doing.

When I lived in Bangkok, I would call to reserve a taxi the night before, and I never had a problem. They would call about 30-45 minutes before the specified time to give me the taxi license plate number. Maybe I was just lucky, or maybe it has changed, but I would often fly four or five times a month and never had a hitch.

Early flite from Swampy....BKK.

Departing from Bangkok Centre Sukumvit, Soi 25 in Sukhumvit . Asoke.

I took Taximeter, asked driver NOT to use expressways etc.

Cost the magnificent sum of 170 Baht, it was at 0630 hrs.

From the airport at normal hours, I used shuttle and bus 552 (I think) 32 baht, stops at Sukhumvit, Soi 16, across Sukhumvit Rd from hostel, also rite near Skytrain, BTS, and Metro, MRT,get anywhere from there.

CBD, Victory monument is only 35 baht, once in city get Taximeter, so cheap.

Ya gotta be a titewad like me......LOL... :o ......love Bangers.

Not knowing exactly where you will be coming from, taxi if early, should be best bet.

Yes!

Last time I took shuttle and an aircon minibus for 60 B to Rachadamnoen Klang.

No, I live just outside Bangkok, but on the other side of town to the airport. It was just a thought, and yes, taxis can be booked, but often not trusted.

I take taxis from Nonthaburi, from over the river near (but inside) the outer ring road. It usually costs around 350-400 THB to Suvarnabhumi including expressway tolls. We always arrange the taxi the night before since my usual early flight would mean leaving home around 4 or 4:30, and I never had a problem with them not showing.

No, I live just outside Bangkok, but on the other side of town to the airport. It was just a thought, and yes, taxis can be booked, but often not trusted.

I take taxis from Nonthaburi, from over the river near (but inside) the outer ring road. It usually costs around 350-400 THB to Suvarnabhumi including expressway tolls. We always arrange the taxi the night before since my usual early flight would mean leaving home around 4 or 4:30, and I never had a problem with them not showing.

Can you recommend a few tel number to book taxis ?

Thanks

Can you recommend a few tel number to book taxis ?

Thanks

I used to use (three years ago) 1661 and 1681. They have English-speaking dispatchers, and they always provide(d) the license number of the taxi being dispatched. If booking a taxi the night before, I always got a phone call about 30-45 minutes before the arranged time, which served as a backup wake-up call for me. After your first call, they keep a record of your address, so if you are calling for a pick-up from someplace else, be sure to make that clear. The fee for "radio-dispatched" taxis was B20 or B25, I forget which, now. They always used the meters for in-town (including to the airport), and when booking taxi to Pattaya the dispatcher always quoted a flat-rate fee which was honored by the driver.

1584 is another one, 20 baht on top of the 35 baht flag call.

Never used them myself, as outside my aparment building, there are always some drivers , otherwise I ask one the day before, they will be there.

I used to live in a town house quite far down the soi so I used to drive my motorcycle to the main road and get off the bike and flag down a taxi.

I would then explain to him that my bags are at the house and ask him to follow me back. Then park the motorcycle, grab the luggage and hop in the taxi.

• 2 months later...

YES I know I won't be on the expressway, hence the thread. I was planning to go up Sukhumvit. What I wanted to know was about easy routes and/or parking for two days.

2long, did you end up going by motorbike or taxi?

As you received many replies about how to get a taxi, but none about getting there by motorbike, did you give up the idea?

Maybe this should be in the Bikes in Thailand Forum?

I have been wondering about going to the airport by motorbike myself. A lot of airport employees must be taking the motorbike to work and that parking is free for sure. I used to take taxis, but I live deep in a soi and lately on short trips have just been taking my own car and parking it at the short term parking. At 250 a day it is a reasonable expense. The fastest way to get there as usually the traffic on the expressway is not so bad. But for those times when the traffic is really bad I thought the motorbike would be the way to go. I supposed the way to go would be Onnut from Sukhumvit/Srinakarin/Rama IX.

I have a hazy recollection that there is motorcycle parking outside on the ground level of the short term parking. I would imagine that to be fairly safe. I will be arriving at the airport in a couple of days and will make a point in seeing if there is any motorcycle parking around when I take the stroll to my car.