Dog Food

tatom

Anybody know whats up with the dog food in KK?

I buy 10 kg bags of dry dog food, either Big C or Lotus brand. They have been out of stock for some time now. The store employees are no help.

They have plenty of the expensive stuff (Pedigree etc), but I cant afford that stuff, its double the store brand.

Empty shelves of a particular product line are sometimes the fore runner to a price increase to allow old stocks to be sold and the average punter to forget the old price. With rice prices increasing I think this is likely.

Lite beer,

Yes, our dog eats rice and vegetables, mixed with dry dog food. Hes a big fat German Shepard and we spoil him. He has literally saved our lives, so we treat him well.

Cuban,

That was exactly my first immpression. I remember the gas "shortage" in 1973. When gas was avalable again, no one complained about the price as long as they could get it. It worked so well, peanut farmers did the same shortly after.

Lite beer,. He has literally saved our lives, so we treat him well.

Was not suggesting otherwise.

I have read in the Pets forum that even the top brands are not that good, so I would have thought that the shop brands would have been even worse.

Going shopping today so will have a look.

Cuban, That was exactly my first immpression. I remember the gas "shortage" in 1973. When gas was avalable again, no one complained about the price as long as they could get it. It worked so well, peanut farmers did the same shortly after.
I noticed it most recently here with a type of cake sold at 7-11, during the New Year the shelves were a void - I assumed poor product supply lines - but after a few days the shelves were full again with a 17% price rise.

When I was living in Buriram I was feeding my GSD on Makro all in one plus rice and anything that was left over: Its in a white blue bag and he seemed very healthy on it, you can get 15k or 25 k bags and not expensive

Just back from Tesco, KK. There were a half dozen medium sized bags and 1 of the large bags.

sorry, didn't think to check the weight/size.

Often store brand goods are made by name brand companies with the local stores name put on it.

Lite beer,

Yes, our dog eats rice and vegetables, mixed with dry dog food. Hes a big fat German Shepard and we spoil him. He has literally saved our lives, so we treat him well.

Cuban,

That was exactly my first immpression. I remember the gas "shortage" in 1973. When gas was avalable again, no one complained about the price as long as they could get it. It worked so well, peanut farmers did the same shortly after.

Then even if it's expensive you should spoil him with Pedigree, which will have more vitamins, and keep your dog more healthy. :D Well at least this is my experience :o:D

If you want dog food, go down Soi Na Muang (Khon Kaen) with Fairy Plaza on your left. Just past on the other side of the street is a pet shop with an open front selling bags of dry dog food

Forgive me for stating the obvious but why not feed your dog on fresh or frozen meat with rice /vegatables to suplement the meat? I you cannot afford to feed a dog on the many brands of dry dog food available in the supermarkets one has to raise the question is it fair to buy a dog given the additional but necessary bills that come with dog ownership such as regular vaccinations, flea/tick treatments never mind the likelyhood of vets charges for the usual ailments an of course the possbility of an operation for injuries should be taken into consideration.

This is not intended to offend anyone, the intention is to make people fully aware of their responsibilities, if people gave more serious consideration to the bigger picture then perhaps puppy farms would go out of business, certainly dogs live would be improved in the long term.

THis is not exclusive to Thailand ofcourse, I have 3 gsds who keep me poor and without doubt will continue to do so, I have kept a dog(s) for over 35 years but when these 3 pass away they will not be replaced due to my age.

Puppies a cute, dogs are often a pain in the Ass and a demand on your time and finances, forget the kids plea's and please dont buy that puppy if your not prepared to go the distance, just my thoughts on the matter

Roygsd