Sell My Macbook For How Much?

sleepyjohn

Hi I need some advice.

I'm thinking of selling my Black Macbook, in perfect working order. It's a thing of beauty.

Bought 30 Jun 2006....barely past the first flush of youth.

Cost over 71,200 plus insurance.

2ghz intel core duo

1 ghz RAM

Superdrive

Problem free and perfectly normal in all respects.

Three year Applecover.

How much could I expect to sell this for in real life?

thanx in advance John

(ps: I still use my 5 yo iBook regularly and it holds full charge battery.)

Hi I need some advice.

I'm thinking of selling my Black Macbook, in perfect working order. It's a thing of beauty.

Bought 30 Jun 2006....barely past the first flush of youth.

Cost over 71,200 plus insurance.

2ghz intel core duo

1 ghz RAM

Superdrive

Problem free and perfectly normal in all respects.

Three year Applecover.

How much could I expect to sell this for in real life?

thanx in advance John

(ps: I still use my 5 yo iBook regularly and it holds full charge battery.)

The problem is not what you paid for it but what is the price of this spec Black Macbook today ??

eg: 4/4/08........ Emporium today was selling the old model black Macbook for 39,900 which seemed pretty good.

if this is the same as yours than is it worth selling ? as you would not get more than about 20 - 25,000 !!

Edited by ignis

it's worth more than 15... look at what you get new for 15K, the lowest spec POS laptop that's worse than your Blackbook in every way. besides Macs keep their value more there's not much need to compare with PC prices. it's a different market and those who are looking for used Macs are not going to consider a PC for whatever reason.

go to craigslist.org and see what the same thing sells for in the U.S. then advertise it on the various thai classifieds sites for a little (but not much) more. it might take a while.

last time i sold my powerbook i got nothing except spam for a while (Hi. I am in Nigeria and want to buy your laptop immediately (*). Yeah right.). Then I got one party interested and suddenly 3 more people calling, one of them actually needing new machine ASAP b/c his old one had died.

if a "new" old model costs 40K that's a good pointer for you. 1 year left on apple coverage is definitely a big plus.

also keep in mind that for the price you paid you can almost get a MacBook Pro these days. Baht appreciation has something to do with that as well.

(*) It was quite entertaining, actually. Varying amounts of effort went into the spam messages. Some just quoted the title (HI I Want to buy your PowerBook G4 1.67GHz 1.5GB RAM.....) others didn't even do that and just said they wanted to buy my "item". In any case, never respond to any of these, all that happens is that they engage you in some sort of email communication which culminates you either having to send the laptop before getting paid or _you_ sending some form of money...

Edited by nikster

Thankyou all for your comments.

My beloved Blackbook fills my requirements completely.........it is simply lovely.......I don't need, don't even like the Pro aesthetically and screenwise ( :D ).....and I only thought of one thing. Though I wireless problem free normally, at just one place I spend time there is a very distant wireless signal. I believe with the new N card I would receive OK there. That's my only reason to change, and he nearest N upgrade is to white ( :o ) at 48,900.

Looks like I'll just continue as normal for a few years.

If anyone offered 25k I might just take it.

My beloved Blackbook fills my requirements completely.........it is simply lovely.......I don't need, don't even like the Pro aesthetically and screenwise ( :D ).....and I only thought of one thing. Though I wireless problem free normally, at just one place I spend time there is a very distant wireless signal. I believe with the new N card I would receive OK there. That's my only reason to change, and he nearest N upgrade is to white ( :o ) at 48,900.

Looks like I'll just continue as normal for a few years.

If anyone offered 25k I might just take it.

I work as a sales trainer. Your very good, offer it and then take it away and then offer it again. Very good

Though I wireless problem free normally, at just one place I spend time there is a very distant wireless signal. I believe with the new N card I would receive OK there. That's my only reason to change, and he nearest N upgrade is to white ( :o ) at 48,900.

You may want to keep your Macbook.  I may be mistaken, but I think I have read several posts on thaivisa.com indicating that there are no wireless sites in Thailand providing w

ireless N services.  It's my understanding that most sites use wireless B with Wireless G as the fas

test available.  

My ThinkPad has wireless N capability, but I have yet to encounter a wireless N 

connection.  

If that's your only reason, keep your blackbook. N will not be better - first of all, the router would have to offer an N signal. Second, if the N router is "distant" e.g. far away, N won't improve things. N is a lot better if your signal is low inside the house, or if there are a lot of obstacles between you and the router - the N spec in this case is far superior because instead of getting confused by all the reflected and bounced signals, it uses them. But it won't go "further" than the old wireless standard, at least not much :D

You could also buy a router and set it up as repeater to make the signal strong. I don't think you would have to do anything fancy - the router's antenna will be way better than the internal antenna in your laptop so if you have weak signal on the laptop, put the router in a good location and it won't have any issues getting the signal and repeating it. (DLink AP 2100, for example, costs BHT 2300)

I don't think you'll have a problem selling it for 25k either, just post it on the thai classified websites...

Edited by nikster

Though I wireless problem free normally, at just one place I spend time there is a very distant wireless signal. I believe with the new N card I would receive OK there. That's my only reason to change, and he nearest N upgrade is to white ( :o ) at 48,900.

You may want to keep your Macbook.  I may be mistaken, but I think I have read several posts on thaivisa.com indicating that there are no wireless sites in Thailand providing w

ireless N services.  It's my understanding that most sites use wireless B with Wireless G as the fas

test available.  

My ThinkPad has wireless N capability, but I have yet to encounter a wireless N 

connection.  

Thanx man I overlooked that.

The reason I was doing this was that a friend with a brand new Macbook was sitting next to me in this paricular caff. I had on or tow bars coming up. He had 4.

I decided it was because he was N. Having said that, maybe the N macboooks can pick up G transmitter?? but not vice versa??