Arabs..indians.you Seen Any At Immigration Office? Why Not?!

a friend pointed out to me that on his many many visits to immigration and regular visa runs that he has never seen any arabs/indians but there are many that live here.he heard they have some special deal going on that they dont have to do what the rest of us farangs have to do....which if true then i think it should be brought out in the open.maybe hes wrong but i havent seen any at soi 5 jomtien or on any of the visa runs that i have done.any one any ideas or has this topic been discussed before.

a friend pointed out to me that on his many many visits to immigration and regular visa runs that he has never seen any arabs/indians but there are many that live here.he heard they have some special deal going on that they dont have to do what the rest of us farangs have to do....which if true then i think it should be brought out in the open.maybe hes wrong but i havent seen any at soi 5 jomtien or on any of the visa runs that i have done.any one any ideas or has this topic been discussed before.

and you haven't seen me. but i'm neither an Indian nor an Arab, just a bloody German. what about bringing that "out in the open"?

Edited by Naam

There were many at Suan Plu Bangkok today, waiting in lines and filling out forms just like everyone else.

maybe its a pattaya special deal......or they got there own office here i suspect....like they have there own floor in the hospitals here.money talks

Thare are quite a few folks who appear Indian but are actually Thai citizens.

what about all the tailors/indian restaurant workers(pattaya)..im sure most of them are not thai citizens.i should have been more specific in o.p ....as i only know the pattaya area has a large arab community ...so maybe there is a special office there.i didnt even think about it till my friend mentioned it then got me thinkin its unfair if they aint gotta go thru all the hassle the rest of us have to do......maybe its not true but hey i been office and visa run many times and not seen any......maybe theyve been told not to let anyone know!!!

Shopwork is a restricted occupation which is only open to Thai citizens so those working in tailor's shop will have to be Thai citizens. As far as your contention that there is some 'special' immigration place where only Arabs go I think you're being a little fanciful - not to say prejudiced.

a friend pointed out to me that on his many many visits to immigration and regular visa runs that he has never seen any arabs/indians but there are many that live here.he heard they have some special deal going on that they dont have to do what the rest of us farangs have to do.... maybe hes wrong but i havent seen any at soi 5 jomtien or on any of the visa runs that i have done.any one any ideas or has this topic been discussed before.

You can take it for granted that your friend is wrong. Why do you get so het up about a silly hearsay story, anyway?

People on annual extensions of stay do not make visa runs or visa-exempt runs.

Tourists who do not stay longer than allowed by their entry stamps do not go to an immigration office. They fly back to their home countries.

Foreigners with Permanent Resident status do not have to apply for extensions of stay.

As others have said, foreign-looking people with Thai nationality will not be seen at the immigration office or on visa runs.

And of those foreigners who need to deal with the immigration office, some may employ the service of agents or lawyers for those transactions that do not require their personal appearance. Have you not read the posts of members complaining about agents with stacks of passports jumping the queue at the Jomtien immigration office?

--

Maestro

Many Indians don't show up at the immigration office because they're scared of cowboys like you :o

You're such a joke ! :o

I have a friend who is Nepalese. He has 2 tailor shops in Pattaya. He has an Indian wife. All his shop workers are either Nepalese or Indian. There are not any THais' employed. The next time I see him, I will ask what he does as regards to Visa Runs etc.

endure

Shopwork is a restricted occupation which is only open to Thai citizens so those working in tailor's shop will have to be Thai citizens. As far as your contention that there is some 'special' immigration place where only Arabs go I think you're being a little fanciful - not to say prejudiced.

nothing prejudiced about it , he was just making an observation , a silly one maybe , but an observation nevertheless.

as for tailor shops , i doubt very much if all the nepalese , indian and burmese guys who hang around outside the shops and call you in are thai citizens

I saw a man from Iran on one of my Visa runs. There were not any special priviledges offered to him. He had to sit for 8 hours and walk into Cambodia just like the rest of us. Actually, it must have been even more difficult for him because he didn't speak English or Thai!!!

Well, I am not a new member but this is the first time I join the discussion, and the reason is that I am tired of reading some unusful questions and/or comments in this forum, which supposed to help others in solving their problems.

First of all, it is not my or anybody else business to question the law of a hosting country that we choose to make it as (some kind of) a second home.

Evry country in the world has it's own regulation in treating other nationalities, for example, as a canadian citizen I do not have to present a passport to enter United State (ID is sufficient), meanwhile European need to present a passport, but no visa is required. Singaporean can go any where without a visa including China, which has granted only two countries in the world with this Privilege (the other one being Brunei), and for the United State, they can get an indefinite visa, which is valid as long as their passports are valid (normally 10 years). Thais and many other nationalities applying for a US visa have less than 20% chance in getting it depending on their situations (mainly financial support). Shouldn't we bring this out too??

English, who created countries such as Australia, need a visa to enter, and an English friend of mine was rejected twice although his brothers are Australian citizen?

The point is that the comment here has nothing to do with this forum, it is simply a racist statement as the Arab you mentioned are not belong or citizen of one country (There are 22 separate Arab countries in the world), and this apply to the Indian too as their are many Indian countries (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Etc.)

However to satisfy your curiosity I will give you some answers for your question.

Arabs can't apply for a visa on arrival, nor from any Thai embassies in the world except the one in the country they resided in; furthermore most of them (majority Yemeni) have been in Thailand for a long, long time, some over thirty years, married to Thai ladies (mostly more than one) and have a good business here. The rest do exit to get a visa from their own countries or the one used to reside in, but certainly you won't see them at the boarder run, simply because they are noty entitled for visa exemption (not lucky as you).

I can keep going on forever, but I can't see the the reason of discussing this issue in this forum.

The bottomline is even if there were a special treatment or arrangement for specific citizens or races, who are we to oppose, challenge or dedicate our policy to a forign government (try to that at your home country)?

a friend pointed out to me that on his many many visits to immigration and regular visa runs that he has never seen any arabs/indians but there are many that live here

A lot of 'Indians' here are Thai citizens.

If they are citizens then you're not likely to see them at immigration.

As for not seeing Indians/ Arabs etc...I suggest a trip to Suan Plue, he should be a ble to find plenty of them, along with the great unwashed, sex tourists, Japanese, Fillipinos, and just about every nationality that has to be there for a reason.

Post #22 bjhabal

Advisory: As of January 23, 2007 passports are required for travel between the United States and Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean (except for travel to or from U.S. territories by U.S. citizens), and Bermuda.
Holders of visas of "indefinite" validity should be aware that these visas are only valid for ten years from the date of issuance. If your indefinite visa is more than ten years old, you should apply for a new visa.

Note that instead of an expiration date, this visa has the word “INDEFINITELY.” If your visa has an actual expiration date, it is NOT a multiple/indefinite visa.

A US visa is valid for the time indicated and it is not tied to the passport validity. The passport may be valid one year and a ten year visa placed in it - the the visa remains valid for entry with the replacement passport.

Can you to provide an official source that only 20% of Thai applicants receive visa to US?

National SINGAPORE (SG)

Destination GUINEA (REPUBLIC OF) (GN)

GUINEA (REPUBLIC OF) (GN)

Passport and visa required.

My understanding from my Indian tailor, those Middle Easterner and South Indian have their very own visa agent to handle their Thai visa extension, the reason given is that they don’t want to face unkind treatment due to some documentation error or miscommunication with immigration department. That's why you don't seen them hanging around at immigration like farang.

My understanding from my Indian tailor, those Middle Easterner and South Indian have their very own visa agent to handle their Thai visa extension, the reason given is that they don’t want to face unkind treatment due to some documentation error or miscommunication with immigration department. That's why you don't seen them hanging around at immigration like farang.

Just an FYI, many farang also use agents to avoid 'hanging around at immigration' as well - not exactly the best use of a day.

using your mates logic then all western expat staff have some sweet deal going as well, so then it is only the great unwashed farangs that have to put up with immigration.

Fact of the matter is, many people use a lawyer who do most of the footwork. Thaising is pretty spot on. They handle most things and you only need to show your face when it is absolutely required.

OP if you want to meet some Arabs and Indians come and join me here in Saudi Arabia, one of Indian Engineers has been asking these last few weeks if he can have a 'helper' appointed to him to run errands, document filing and act as a general 'go-for'. And I know that one of our Arab Clients is looking for a new driver.

I spoke to a few Indian guys working here in Thailand; (they were workers, not managers). I asked them about visa runs etc. They said they held Indian passports and were on overstay by months/years. I asked them if they were scared of the consequences: ie. immigration jail and fines, and they said they were not bothered, because their boss would have to pay and the worse that could happen is deportation back to India.

Of course this happens in the UK also. Indian and Bangladeshi 'Slave Labour' is normal in many parts of the U.K. but they keep their head down, don't make trouble and send 100 quid back to their family in India every month. Plus they have food in their stomach.

I suppose that a similar situation exists here. Lets face it, Indians are the least of Thai police worries. Plus they probably pay bribes.

I have a friend who is Nepalese. He has 2 tailor shops in Pattaya. He has an Indian wife. All his shop workers are either Nepalese or Indian. There are not any THais' employed. The next time I see him, I will ask what he does as regards to Visa Runs etc.

I would have thought that being a waiter was a Thai only restricted occupation also but my local India restaurant employs Nepalese waiters.

And I've been to a couple of restaurants in Pattaya that employ Farang waiters!

Edited by PattayaParent