"peasant Food" Restaurants

mobs00

I prefer to eat simple. When I say “simple” I don’t mean bread and water, I want some good old fashioned home cooking. For me it would be corned beef and cabbage, boiled veggies and potatoes, followed by an apple pie my grandmother used to make every Sunday.

I don’t like going to restaurants that have more silverware on the table than food. I am just looking for traditional fare you would find on any table in any working class home (or in any pub) anywhere in the world. Shepard’s pie, goulash, the left-overs from the week all thrown together as one; basic, affordable food.

Gonzo may be able to help you :o.

Also the Kingdom (Christian) place.

Really, really good quality (almost crumbling) corned beef with mustard, spuds and cabbage is an absolutely wonderful meal.

Then plenty of corned beef sandwiches with your choice of pickles, mustards, chutneys ...

Edited by sylviex

Also the Kingdom (Christian) place.

Really, really good quality (almost crumbling) corned beef with mustard, spuds and cabbage is an absolutely wonderful meal.

Then plenty of corned beef sandwiches with your choice of pickles, mustards, chutneys ...

Sounds great.

Is the Kingdom still open as a sitdown restaurant? Had heard that they were only doing meals that had to be delivered elsewhere.

I should add that it doesn't just have to be western food. I have liked just about all home cooking I have had. Except for the embryonic chicken egg, never got around to trying that.

And I wouldn't suggest it either..

Even 3 sheets to the wind.

Ah...good 'ol Balout ( probably spelled it wrong...I'm sure I have)

One of thee most discusting things to eat on the face of the planet.

Sounds great.

Is the Kingdom still open as a sitdown restaurant? Had heard that they were only doing meals that had to be delivered elsewhere.

Sorry; the corned beef is from happy memories, not Kingdom.

It is, however, not at all difficult to cook. Excellent quality corned beef is the key.

I think I saw Australian corned beef on the ThaiVisa delivery menu. Perhaps someone like Gonzo or Tuskers would offer a corned beef meal one night ?