Chiang Mai TV BBQ - Friday 9th May 2008

george

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As always I had a great time. Good to see so many of the stalwarts of the Chiang Mai forum turn up.

Thanks for George and Buckwheat for fronting the money for the party. Also to Chas, Rachel and staff at Tuskers for hosting it. Big thanks to everyone who came, ate, drank and had a good time.

There were many memorable moments from the night but the one that will be forever engraved on my mind will be a certain Blinky Bill after he squeezed his way into a size S Thai Visa shirt. He even had the gall to claim he has lost weight :o We did forgive him when he put a bonus 1,000baht on the bar to keep the beer flowing.

CB

Thanks to all.

Food was great going down but sadly it is now somewhere in the sewers. I woke up naked, spreadeagled on the bathroom floor. Not a pretty sight.

Having seen the "before photo series" I will be forever grateful that you didn't make this a "kodak moment"

:o

CB

She definitely is a gorgeous, very nice and smart woman. Will forward your post to her, adjan. She will be in Chiang Mai for a while. :o

Big thanks to all of Thaivisa and to Chas, Rachel and the Tuskers staff for again another wonderfull party and to Crowboy and Buckweat for the wonderful ribs (though a tad to spicy for me).

Wonderful to see and talk to some of the 'old' faces and some of the new ones.

Nienke

I woke up naked, spreadeagled on the bathroom floor. Not a pretty sight.

Was the person who took and showed you the photograph the same as the one who disrobed and spreadeagled you? If not, it is interesting to contemplate who was the most cruel.

Another outstanding party! many thanks to Thai Visa, Tuskers, and all those involved, for a great night, great food, great company..

thanks to Blinky for the entertainment, and BuckWheat for.. well you know why.

good to see old faces, and meet some new ones :o

Thanks to all, myself and my +1 had a good time. Good to put names to faces or faces to names? Either way I guess we are all forced to sober up tonight. To bad UG wasn't there; he seems to be quite elusive these days....

Na, mobs, UG was just avoiding the Smoke People.

They were there, with reams of statistical printouts, tryin' to track him down.

I gave him the heads up via mobile, and he ducked into his riverside sugar shack crib.....he "went to the mattress", so to speak.... :o

Thanks to all those nice folks to whom we can now match faces with diks.

Some are in bad need of a hair cut. :D

There was a gorgeous (Farang) girl at that party, so gorgeous that I couldn't take my eyes off her (that was in the end, I mean after we drank all the Beer Lao) a girl so beautiful I didn't have the nerves to speak to her ("hello How are you? Need a toothpick? I brought some" and this sort of things French flirting experts usually say to stunning girls), so pretty she can't be British (Actually if she's British, that's a shame. They don't deserve her)

Then unexpectedly she smiled to me. It lasted only 2 seconds but i'll never forget that smile.

Whoever you are, Venus, I want to thank you for that smile. I put it in my pocket (with the toothpicks) and went back home with it. At home I put it in a vase by the window and, believe me or not, this morning it's in bloom :D

Nice selective edit re: PB's post :o , and thanks for the the elegiac prose re: the tall Belgian friend of Nienke's! I'm glad to see love is still alive in this era of doom and gloom, flood famine and pestilence. It's really our only hope, I think.

I want to add it was a pleasure to meet you, although very briefly.

I had some marvelous conversations...some very interesting and animated people attended.

We look forward to the next time we can do it again.... :D

Great party - thanks TV for putting it on. What other internet forum puts on free food and beer for its members? - you're the best :o

Great to see and meet everyone, new faces and old and looking forward to doing it again. :D

Top marks Blinky for sartorial elegance, I thought you kept a low profile exceptionally well.

Hello, hello,

It's me, Nienke's +1...I had a great time yesterday, met some interesting people and I already love to be in Chiang Mai! I'm here for just about 5 weeks now and thanks to Nienke, who's becoming a great friend, I start to feel home...

Looking forward to the next party!

Greetings,

Daphné

By the way, thanks for the nice compliments!

Hello, hello,

It's me, Nienke's +1...I had a great time yesterday, met some interesting people and I already love to be in Chiang Mai! I'm here for just about 5 weeks now and thanks to Nienke, who's becoming a great friend, I start to feel home...

Looking forward to the next party!

Greetings,

Daphné

By the way, thanks for the nice compliments!

Good morning Daphné and thank you very much. You made me feel like a poet again. Sandro Botticelli would have loved to meet a girl like you.

It's also quite comforting to know that there's a smart blonde out there :o

Best of luck to you and your son.