Life In Thailand In 20 Years

Padkapow Guy

It sad but I have about 21 years until retirement age. They way things are going in LOS now doesn't give me to much of hope for the future of farangs. If Toxin would still be around I am afraid that the only farang's in LOS will be multi-millionaires.

What do you think Thailand will be like in 2025 ?

Nothing wrong with that!!

Keeps the backpacker scum out :o

I never was a backpacker but I will never be a millionaire either. So where would that leave me. Would anyone who is not a millionaire be put in the backpacker scum catagorie?

Is this you true feeling or are you having a bad hair day. :D

expats say that its getting hotter every year maybe due to global warming , Bangkok may be under water by then also.

oil supplies will be very bad by then so i wouldnt want to think how dire the situation will be by 2025.

maybe you could live without aircon ..

you may need to live somewhere very high ground by then

Keeps the backpacker scum out :D

I suspect that a good many members started out as backpackers , visiting Thailand because of it's first-class reputation for beach-life, and then discovered the many other attractions of life here.

There's nothing wrong with travelling simply, discovering what a beautiful world we live on, and that other cultures have so much to teach us.

So let's not automatically stomp on backpackers - however much fun it gives some people, just recall you too were probably once young & ignorant ! :o

What will Thailand be like in 21 years time???

I'm generally pessemistic so here goes.

China will heavily influence all of SEA after it's economy soars. A heavily influenced Thai/Chinese government will focus more on industry rather than tourism in Thailand. They will re name it 'Chailand' More Chinese will be present in Chailand as they will have bigger tourist buses,

The streets will be full of scary 50 something Chai ladies with flowery pyjamas, chopstix in their hair and loads of make up. They will be driving 'copied contraband' Mercedes Benz cars. Renamed Me-ce-bpen's. Identical to the real thing, but they will be battery powered, contain 20 small seats rather than 5 and a top speed of 15kph.

Eventually the farang expat will be scarce due to tightening immigration rules. This will come about after Saddam cunningly goes on hunger strike, shave's his beard off, smothers himself with soap and slips throught the bars. He will then win the hearts of the Chai government with his new found gift of poetry, and will be given political asylum in Chailand, where he will eventually become head of Immigration.

Free enterprize farang businesses will be bought out by richer Asians,for a low compensation fee, or will be strangled with red tape (the falangs, not the business). They will have no choice.

A singha beer will be 700bht. Only the very rich Westerner will be welcome, on package holidays. Prostitution will remain underground for the locals, but be heavily policed for farangs.

Due to global warming parts of the South and Islands will be uninhabitable, and the remaining ones will be battered by radical weather. After the Ozone layer is vapourised people will have to sun bathe in huge dome resorts with protective filters in the glass, and controled climate.

Cambodia will be like Thailand is now, but China's influence will be creeping up on them, and falangs will start moving out again.

But it's ok, because in 2025 we will have cyber suits and virtual holiday chips to implant in our brains. That way we will still be able to have virtual sex with a BG, pig, katoey, dwarf and a space invader, all at the same time. No lube required.. :o

hi'

well ... thinking about coming when retirement time will come, it's going to be 14 more years .. can't think of it this way :D

in 20 years how Thailand would be?

let's be a bit optimistic, it will be about the same, some great change in politics, no one would be allowed to be elected unless proving that he or she is absolutly financialy clean,

Thai people would be more aware of political things, the government would have done a lot for all Thais, improving Thai farmer's life, improve every important services, telephone,

electricity, roads, hospitals, Thai doctors have a real power in their medical fields, immigration would be more souple, Thailand will still be Land of Smiles, polutions would reduced because Thai people would have been educated about daily consequences of wrong doing (garbage burning..etc), transportations would be a lot more safe, drivers would be checked regularly, school standards would be higher, university would be on international level and students from all over the world would come here for study.

anyway, I won't wait for all this to come back :o

cheers

francois

China will heavily influence all of SEA after it's economy soars. A heavily influenced Thai/Chinese government will focus more on industry rather than tourism in Thailand. They will re name it 'Chailand' More Chinese will be present in Chailand as they will have bigger tourist buses,

The streets will be full of scary 50 something Chai ladies with flowery pyjamas, chopstix in their hair and loads of make up. They will be driving 'copied contraband' Mercedes Benz cars. Renamed Me-ce-bpen's. Identical to the real thing, but they will be battery powered, contain 20 small seats rather than 5 and a top speed of 15kph.

Eventually the farang expat will be scarce due to tightening immigration rules. This will come about after Saddam cunningly goes on hunger strike, shave's his beard off, smothers himself with soap and slips throught the bars. He will then win the hearts of the Chai government with his new found gift of poetry, and will be given political asylum in Chailand, where he will eventually become head of Immigration.

Free enterprize farang businesses will be bought out by richer Asians,for a low compensation fee, or will be strangled with red tape (the falangs, not the business). They will have no choice.

A singha beer will be 700bht. Only the very rich Westerner will be welcome, on package holidays. Prostitution will remain underground for the locals, but be heavily policed for farangs.

Due to global warming parts of the South and Islands will be uninhabitable, and the remaining ones will be battered by radical weather. After the Ozone layer is vapourised people will have to sun bathe in huge dome resorts with protective filters in the glass, and controled climate.

Cambodia will be like Thailand is now, but China's influence will be creeping up on them, and falangs will start moving out again.

But it's ok, because in 2025 we will have cyber suits and virtual holiday chips to implant in our brains. That way we will still be able to have virtual sex with a BG, pig, katoey, dwarf and a space invader, all at the same time. No lube required.. :o

what color will the cyber suits be? I really don't look good in red. :D

hi'

well ... thinking about coming when retirement time will come, it's going to be 14 more years .. can't think of it this way :D

in 20 years how Thailand would be?

let's be a bit optimistic, it will be about the same, some great change in politics, no one would be allowed to be elected unless proving that he or she is absolutly financialy clean,

Thai people would be more aware of political things, the government would have done a lot for all Thais, improving Thai farmer's life, improve every important services, telephone,

electricity, roads, hospitals, Thai doctors have a real power in their medical fields, immigration would be more souple, Thailand will still be Land of Smiles, polutions would reduced because Thai people would have been educated about daily consequences of wrong doing (garbage burning..etc), transportations would be a lot more safe, drivers would be checked regularly, school standards would be higher, university would be on international level and students from all over the world would come here for study.

anyway, I won't wait for all this to come back :D

cheers

francois

Don't forgot, one third of the energy will come from solar and wind,

the number of cars will be down by 50% since the public transportation system

will be heavily developed using space age technology.

all this will be designed by MedicineBox in order to prevent him from losing his sense of humor :o

Look at it this way. What are you options for retirement ? If you think Thailand will be bad in 21yrs god knows what other places will be like !

In the U.K. you wont get a pension unless you can prove that you've sqandered whatever money you did earn and never saved a penny or alternatively arrived at Dover and jumped out of the back of a lorry !

Thailand in 21 years? What 21 years? It will all be over on December 21st 2012 or have

you not heard? Check it out > http://www.survive2012.com/

I find medicine's "forecast" more "realistic" :D

...But it's ok, because in 2025 we will have cyber suits and virtual holiday chips to implant in our brains. That way we will still be able to have virtual sex with a BG, pig, katoey, dwarf and a space invader, all at the same time. No lube required.. :D

:o :ROFL: Medicinebox - are you related to Nostradamus? :D

Luv it... :D LOL

The ferangs will form a small army and conquer Thailand with their longbows and call Thailand, New England.

That name is already taken..... You must mean to call it, "New New England"...:D

You gonna try to get the Red Sox Baseball Franchise to move there too? :o:D

I have some friends working in the Thai government, and one of them told me that Thailand will eventually be sort of a mixture of Hong Kong, Signapore, and Japan . And Like Medicine box said, Cambodia will probably be like Thailand is now...

It sad but I have about 21 years until retirement age. They way things are going in LOS now doesn't give me to much of hope for the future of farangs. If Toxin would still be around I am afraid that the only farang's in LOS will be multi-millionaires.

Thailand will not have been affected too badly by the ice-age of 2012 and the climate will be much the same as the UK is now. The population will be 95% Chineese 4.9% Thai and the rest ferangs of one kind or another.

Northern China will be covered in Ice, along with most of Europe and the northern USA. The latest technology will be the longbow, re-invented by the ex-pats who remember it from their old history books. The ferangs will form a small army and conquer Thailand with their longbows and call Thailand, New England.

I will be King of New England (coz its my story) and will pass a Law that only original 'ferang' New Englanders can marry and have children. Ferang New Englanders can marry as many Thai or Chinese women as they wish to and father as many children as they can. The Thai and Chinese women will work to support the New Englishmen while they sit and have Think Tanks on how to conquer the rest of the 'Living World'. All the Chinese and Thais will then build the boats and weapons that are invented and the New England army will go out and conquer the rest of the Living world and call it the New World. All the New Englanders will be allowed to lay claim to whatever they want or find in the New World... and all Ferangs will live happily ever after.

:D

What utter crap..... idiots..... morons........ everybody knows the world is gonna end in 2011 :D ..

Seriously utter crap :o

The ferangs will form a small army and conquer Thailand with their longbows and call Thailand, New England.

That name is already taken..... You must mean to call it, "New New England"...:D

You gonna try to get the Red Sox Baseball Franchise to move there too? :o:D

Nah... being King of New New England I will give the Red Sox Baseball Franchise to YOU. It was YOUR idea and I will be a fair King :D

Thanks! you are a Kind King! I shall rename them the " Bangkok Red Soxs ", and all the players will be Leuk Kruengs like Johnny Damon... :wub::D