Wound Dressing Material

raro

I cut my finger pretty badly last Sunday and much to my surprise, by today it is more or less healed off.

I credit this also to the excellent wound dressing material I had imported from Germany in a standard first aid kit that is mandatory in Germany...

The wound dressing doesn't stick to the wound so the wound does not start bleeding again when you change the dressing, it also soaks up the blood so that the wound stays dry.

I never saw anything comparable in the pharmacies around town...any advise?

Fascino, Pattaya Nua,

Agreed. Tesco, Big C, etc. stock smaller dressings but the better stuff is at Fascino, who appear to has started doing the 5-10% (?) discount card again.

As for small wounds - I have treated some minor injuries on my hand with super-glue and field dressings, to keep the torn skin together as it healed.

As for keeping the wound dry, I think you will find providing a clean moist enviroment (under a plaster) is better for allowing the skin to repair without leaving a scar.

They have a lot of wound dressing stuff at Fascino - I stocked up there about 6 months ago. I can't gurantee thay have what you are talking about, but they certainly have the smooth lint that you use to dress wounds.

There's quite a selection there, go have a looksie :o

if you are downtown there is a great little chemist corner of soi bukhao and soi chaiyapoon at that bizarre intersection. she had steristrips!! but her prices on meds are above what i pay at modern. besides i like that cute chick in modern :-)