Us Embassy Next Visit To Pattaya

whatchamacallit

Does anyone know when the next US Embassy visit to Pattay is? I only have two more pages on my passport and need more pages added.

1. For the above request - It is a one day process or do I have to go to Bangkok in 3 days to collect my passport?

2. I have additional pages put in my passport 3 times already and my passport is getting fat - hoping to get one more time as my passport will expire in about 22 more months.

3. If I cannot add more pages and a new passport is required - what happen to my Type O Visa? Will I be able to use the old one or transfer to my new passport?

Thank you guys :o

Have not heard of the next visit,,,,,,,,,,usually about every 3 months or so but I have heard as already posted that a change is in the works and they may not come at all anymore,,,,,,,,,I don't want to start a rumor though,,,,,,,,,,,,,best to call them at ACS and ask.

When ACS was here last time,,,,,,,anyone needing pages had to go to BKK in a few days as they could not do the new pages on the spot

As for renewal passport and stamps,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I just got a renewal and took the old passport and the new one to Pattaya immigration,,,,,,,,,,they kept both for a day to move all my Thai stamps and such,,,,,,,,,,,,no fee but needed the usual copies of the pages from the old passport and a transfer request document,,,,,,,,,,,

Have not heard of the next visit,,,,,,,,,,usually about every 3 months or so but I have heard as already posted that a change is in the works and they may not come at all anymore,,,,,,,,,I don't want to start a rumor though,,,,,,,,,,,,,best to call them at ACS and ask.

When ACS was here last time,,,,,,,anyone needing pages had to go to BKK in a few days as they could not do the new pages on the spot

As for renewal passport and stamps,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I just got a renewal and took the old passport and the new one to Pattaya immigration,,,,,,,,,,they kept both for a day to move all my Thai stamps and such,,,,,,,,,,,,no fee but needed the usual copies of the pages from the old passport and a transfer request document,,,,,,,,,,,

If you register at their US Citizen Services website (http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service.html) they will email you when they are going to visit a certain area or city. Also did you know that you MUST make an appointment for all NON-EMERGENCY services to include notarial, passport services, and Consular Reports of Birth Aboard and that these appointments can ONLY be made ONLINE. NO telephone appointments. They say they will still accept walk-ins, but priority goes to appointments.

Greg

Just a tip/warning, my last new passport (a few years ago) obtained in US included a request for extra pages. As per state dept. website, this service is included free and only requires that you REQUEST it.

Well, I did request it and it was not done. Incompetence at a US govt. agency? You don't say? Anyways, if applying for a new passport and you want extra pages, I suggest going over the top in your request. For example, on the cover page, get a bold red magic marker and write out the request large so they can't miss it.

i just got my new book complete with rfid tracking and other bigbrother freebies. req 48pp and recd 48pp - but i always include a separate sheet I NEED 48 PAGES!!! i also write it about three times on the actual application.

last passport = 96pages :o

dont be lazy - just go to the embassy. bus to bkk, bts to i forget but stop near wireless. get off and walk up to wireless and then stroll up the street (a nice walk) about ten minutes. mine was done in a flash - took about ten minutes.

ps: dress as you please BUT have your act together (paperwork in order, queue properly and dont ask stupid questions. seems like 50% of the people there had no business outside their home village let alone a big city and doubly overseas. clueless.

Edited by luumak