Younger Thai Girls

girlx

Yeap,

I have been observing such trashy salesgirls over the last two years at place slike Zen, Central, Paragon, etc. what I normally do is to get their supervisors or managers or in certain cases the owners of the shops. In my opinion there are just good for nothing sluts. I prefer males sales staff as there are more attentive. I always tell of these trashy sales girls as to what they are good for and I normally do it in such a way so as to see that they lose face or end up in tears. God I really do not know what this country is coming to.

Chill man, it's not THAT bad surely! :o

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmm girlx, I hear you!

Ok, it's not all the time BUT very often the girls are WAY too busy crouching down by the cash desk looking in the mirror or on the phone, regardless how much you hover - especially in the Dept. Stores. Sometimes you just have to bite your lip and walk away....Or ask to speak to the Manager.... Always gets them running and paying attention! :D

Although it always makes me laugh when I either go in a shop alone (female) and encounter negative service BUT then go again with my boyfriend or a male foreign friend - WOAH! What a difference! 9 times out of 10, we, or rather HE is bombarded with smiles and help, while I hover in the background! :D

Quite funny really if you don't let it get to you.

:D

P.s. Although to be fair, I do think sometimes there is the Fear factor, like they don't speak English and are scared of not being to answer you and so they avoid you and hide behind the cash desk! :o

Edited by Andiamo

Yeap,

I have been observing such trashy salesgirls over the last two years at place slike Zen, Central, Paragon, etc. what I normally do is to get their supervisors or managers or in certain cases the owners of the shops. In my opinion there are just good for nothing sluts. I prefer males sales staff as there are more attentive. I always tell of these trashy sales girls as to what they are good for and I normally do it in such a way so as to see that they lose face or end up in tears. God I really do not know what this country is coming to.

I agree ENTIRELY!!!! People just have NO MANNERS anymore!!!!! :o

It is when you are complacent or just trying to be nice and closing one eye when things start to get out of hand. As a paying consumer you have a right to expect good customer service. I do not only complain about the bad ones but for the good ones, I also go all the way to reward them and make sure that it motivates the others. The boys at Mangpong branch at MBK and Centralworld are simply great and I always give them crazy tips or get them goodies as they always make my day besides informing their owners as to how good these staff are. There is a slightly plum girl at the Black Canyon at MBK who is also great and I always give her a big tip.Then the sales Katoey at Aramis Counter at Zen is also very attentive and service orientated , so is all the staff at the ground floor flower shop at Isetan. and also at the Jim Thompson Cafe there. The service guys at Gastrocafe at Paragon are simply excellent and so is the staff at the Oriental Cafe at the Ground Floor but the staff at the Oriental Shop at the basement simply stinks. The parking attendants at Zen and also at Emporium always makes my day and the girls at Starbucks at Impact are simply remarkable.

The salesgirls at Karmekhet at 2nd Floor Centralworld and the salesgirls at Thann at Gaysorn, Centralworld are simply horrid and so are most of the sales staff at Swaroski. The staff at most of the Club21 outlets especially at AX at Emporium, Siam Discovery, DNKY at Siam Discovery , D&G at Paragon really need a slap. The manager there who is a gay guy really needs to get a kick as he is so inapt at customer service besides being stupid. The staff at LV store at Gaysorn are really good so are ones at Versace at Paragon, Vertu at Paragon and at all the Kinokuniya Staff. I find that Asia books in terms one customer service has gone to the rocks over the years and the worst bookstore to avoid is B2S.

The Estee Lauder counter at Central Chidlom and The La Mer counters there and at Emporium are great but avoid the cosmetic counters at Paragon and Zen. Mac has the worst counter staff unless you are a Thai actor or actresses or TV star. Most of the satff there think that they are celebrities themselves! Espirit rum by Minor group has the stupidest staff who are not service orientated and so are the Timberland stores.

For hotels , the best service orientated ones are: The Nai Lert Park, The Grand Hyatt, The Four Seasons, The Shangrila, The Intercontinental. The worsts is the Holiday Inn at Silom, The Dusit Thani, The Sheraton Grande, The Westin Grande and The Grand Millineum at Asoke and also the Grand Sukhumvit.

Also to add to my lists, the dunkin donuts outlets and Au Bon Pain outlets has the least service orientated staff and in the supermarket category, I avoild Big C, Tesco, Carrefour, All Tops Supermarkets but the best supermarkets are Villa and The Homemart At Paragon.(At least you do not have to carry your groceries from the basket or cart and drop them at the counter!)

For Mobile phone services, The English-speaking Customer Service Agents at AIS are simply excellent especially a female supervisor called Miss Missy, she will go out of her way to ensure that the customer complains are well attended to. (The Thai staff are simply rubbish!)

Servcorp offices simply have one of the most dumbest bimbos working there and they are only interested in single farang clients!

Thats my lists for now!

At times I have got really annoyed with the attitude you can get and I end up get stressy back. However there have also been times where I have thought sod it, I am just going to be really nice back to show them up. And then I have occassionally found that if I smile at them, then they smile back and suddenly the attitude goes. This doesn’t always work, but if you go into a shop expecting attitude, then you are probably giving some off yourself. Also I would have to say out of all the jobs I have done, working in a shop was the infinitely most boring and these girls are probably getting 8k a month to work 6-7 days a week.

But then again the other alternative here it seems is that instead of ignoring you, they follow you around. I absolutely cannot bear this and it will make me walk out of the shop quicker than anything. I would actually prefer a surly shop assistant to an 18 year old wearing crappy clothes trying to tell me what I should try on next….arrrgghh!

Lol! Girlx, if you thought that Sophie Kinsella's Book called Confessions of a Shopalcoholic was fiction, most of my friends think that it is actually an autobiography. Central Group ranks me as among Their Top Ten Spenders (I am not kidding.....my three one cards combined together have a total of 382,000 points accumulated over a 7 month period! x that by 25 and thats the total spent!...I can rattle about how much more i spent at various outlets...but shall refrain. But if u want any shopping tips or guides, just send me a message!)

I have not really noticed such rude behaviors. Most store assistants I have encountered are polite and helpful, even the ones at places like 7-Eleven who presumably earn around 200 baht a day. I am Thai and speak Thai. In France, however, this absence of attentiveness seemed quite common among shop assistants. They made no effort to communicate in English. My guess is that if you make it easier for them by speaking to them in their language, they are more likely to assist you.

Virtually the only time I receive rude treatment from waiters/store assistants/cab drivers in Thailand is when I am with a white guy—any white guy at all—or an Asian guy who is old enough to be my father, or, sadly, my father himself. They would talk to the guy nicely and talk to me as if I were a… well, what they unfairly assume that I am probably. In a situation like that, I can count on getting better treatment if I speak English and pretend not to understand any Thai.

Hi Rainx, if you are implying that in order to get good service one has to speak Thai to those idiots who cannot speak English although their owners or managers are trying to target foreign clientele......then something is really wrong! Maybe TAT should start a campaign ...Only come to Thailand if you can speak Thai.

Also, I disagree that only by speaking Thai you can can get good service...I speak, read and write Thai fluently and so do many of my Thai friends, may of whom from Aristocratic backgrounds...but all of them tell me that they can the same problems when dealing with these trashy Salesgirls. In fact most of my Thai friends who are ladies complain about the bad service while the guys say that most of these girls just wanna flirt and get laid!

Also why should you get rude treatment from taxi drivers and waiters if you are with a farang guy or an older Asian, if i were you, I would give these lower life forms who have just a mentality a good verbal trashing and ask them if they have a mother or wife or which hole they came from! These lower life forms have to be told off, only then can one expect changes. The old so called attitudes of "kraeng jai" and being polite etc will get you no where and as a paying consumer you have your rights.

has anyone noticed a huge change in attitudes with younger thai girls of late towards them? i am in bangkok now and it seems like every 3rd shop i go into there is some 20-something girl who can barely be roused from her soap operas to flounce over with a deadpan, cheerless stare- and before your question is even finished she blurts, "no have" and goes back to her show with no attempt at further assistance.

If your sales girl was indeed watching one of her soap operas, there in lies your problem.

I've personally noticed that many thai females are absolutely addicted to these soapies.

These soapies can go for over two hours an episode and all activities (I mean all) take second place.

On my recent trip I could plan my free time using this method.

What you need to do is to list the times critical soapies air and restrict your shopping times accordingly.

:o

Edited by rockyysdt

The younger girls use the expression Gek Suay....oops, this is the ladies forum. I can't believe some of the responses that came earlier. I got banned from one lady's post for saying a whole lot less. Shop till you Drop.

Lol! Girlx, if you thought that Sophie Kinsella's Book called Confessions of a Shopalcoholic was fiction, most of my friends think that it is actually an autobiography. Central Group ranks me as among Their Top Ten Spenders (I am not kidding.....my three one cards combined together have a total of 382,000 points accumulated over a 7 month period! x that by 25 and thats the total spent!...I can rattle about how much more i spent at various outlets...but shall refrain. But if u want any shopping tips or guides, just send me a message!)

i thought for some reason you were a man but that can't be true, unless you're gay! :o

Edit: yep, that's it, just looked at your profile :D

Edited by girlx

Hi Rainx, if you are implying that in order to get good service one has to speak Thai to those idiots who cannot speak English...
In my opinion there are just good for nothing sluts. I prefer males sales staff as there are more attentive.

:o

...if you are implying that in order to get good service one has to speak Thai to those idiots who cannot speak English although their owners or managers are trying to target foreign clientele......then something is really wrong! Maybe TAT should start a campaign ...Only come to Thailand if you can speak Thai.

I was in London recently and in none of the many shops I visited was the staff able to speak Italian, yet I did not consider them to be idiots.

--

Maestro

Guest Bellini
i thought for some reason you were a man but that can't be true, unless you're gay! :o

Edit: yep, that's it, just looked at your profile :D

That's what? The profile of the person whose post you quote says "Gender Not Set". So that's what to you?

I generally try to understand that usually these people have low paying jobs and tend to get treated like dirt by people who shop there. A smile, a friendly attitude and a bit of Thai goes a long way.

Thanks SBK for adding a reasoned thought here.... The life of a shop girl isn't the greatest in the world, to be sure....

You know... BKK has a million shops and stores... If some place is consistently giving bad service and a customer doesn't like it, the simple answer is... DON'T SHOP THERE...and take your business somewhere else....

But it's also a little bit like restaurants... Sometimes if you want to eat CHEAP...you put up with cut-rate service and attitudes.... But if you're dining at a first class restaurant, you expect and are paying for better. Same principle, in the real world, should apply in shops as well...

That's what? The profile of the person whose post you quote says "Gender Not Set". So that's what to you?

i read through a couple posts which said he was a gay man :o

I generally try to understand that usually these people have low paying jobs and tend to get treated like dirt by people who shop there. A smile, a friendly attitude and a bit of Thai goes a long way.

oh boo hoo, there are far worse jobs in thailand than sitting on one's arse and watching soaps.

FOREIGNERS: go back and do shopping at your homeland :D and stop whining :D .................(oh,God :o how I'd longed to be the first one to say this line before anyone else does :D )

Says it all right there, girlx. I now understand why you consistently receive poor service.

hey, if the girls at the fish market can manage a smile when they stand all day covered in fish guts, then these snobby little brats who hang out in air conditioning eating their somtam and gossiping over soaps can manage to be polite. it has nothing to do with my attitude as i am very friendly, always smile, and always speak thai.

well i consider them idiots as they actually go out of their way to lose business rather than gain it.

But it's not their business is it.

By ignoring you, they get paid the same money and have to do less work.

girls have attitudes all over the world. They are probably just little snobby rich girls who think they are too good for the job they have.

Yes, it's usually rich girls who work in shops for 30baht/hour... :o

girls have attitudes all over the world. They are probably just little snobby rich girls who think they are too good for the job they have.

Yes, it's usually rich girls who work in shops for 30baht/hour... :o

maybe i should have just said "snobby girls"?

sometimes parents make their kids go out and get a job even though the family already has money. they want to teach them a lesson, but it doesn't work because they have already been spoiled. so they just sit there in there jobs pouting and fuming because they actually have to work.

Yes, it's true that many of the sales assistants make very little money, work long hours, and are treated like <deleted> in Thailand, but that is true for most low-status jobs there. And girlx is right to say that there are much worse jobs. As I said previously, I have met some darlings who work in both low-end and high-end shops, and had my regular sales people whom I knew by name and were a pleasure to interact with everyday, as was I their regular customer, but the overall shop experience in Thailand for foreign women is awful. They smile in your face while saying horrible, unprovoked things about you right in front of you, they lie about sizes and availability, only understand customer service to their own convenience by rushing you to choose and will generally push you to Xl and XXL sizes regardless of your size. This is the status quo approach to general customer service in Thailand and has nothing to do with your attitude. If you are a foreign male then you will obviously have a different experience for obvious reasons, but that will still not insulate you from the overall sales approach there. Surely, this is not a new or even original topic as there have been numerous discussion rants on sales help in Thailand in multiple forums including this one.

Now, I'm not sure why the OPs of this kind of discussion are kicked or ridiculed for seeking an honest dialogue to common scenarios in Thailand, but that is a whole other pattern of behavior there for another discussion.