90 Day Report

Not wanting to hi-jack someone else's topic.

I haven't reported 90 day for a while as haven't been here recently for 90 days. I last entered on 4th April. I did the yearly extension of my 'retirement visa' on 2nd May, at the same time went to report room and ordered a 'proof of address' letter.

From other threads it looks like I have to report 90 days from 4th April..correct? Is it possible to 'report early' ie next year make visa renewal and report same day?

Thanks

Is this your first extension of stay? If it is then you report 90 days after application date of 2 May (first extension of stay is first 90 day report). If you had been here on an extension of stay and it was a re-entry permit entry on the 4th of April your report is due 90 days later.

Is this your first extension of stay? If it is then you report 90 days after application date of 2 May (first extension of stay is first 90 day report). If you had been here on an extension of stay and it was a re-entry permit entry on the 4th of April your report is due 90 days later.

Lop - would you mind explaining that first alternative again?

we are talking about 90 day address reporting here aren't we?

Bill

Lop - would you mind explaining that first alternative again?

we are talking about 90 day address reporting here aren't we?

Bill

I believe what Lopburi is saying is that the first extension also counts as a 90 day report. Subsequent extension do not.

Sophon

Correct - the first application for an extension of stay is considered the first 90 day address report.

Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days->print this

Procedure and notification

The foreigner makes the notification in person, or

The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or

The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.

The notification must be made within 7 days before or after the period of 90 days expires.

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

Correct - the first application for an extension of stay is considered the first 90 day address report.
Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days->print this

Procedure and notification

The foreigner makes the notification in person, or

The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or

The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.

The notification must be made within 7 days before or after the period of 90 days expires.

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

I didn't realise it was more complicated.

So I came here on a Multi 'O' in Feb2007, went to immigration and changed it to changed it to 'Retirement' in May 2007. Have been out of the country three time and each time got a re-entry permit. Last came in as I say. on 4th April.

So its 90 days after date that I got my first extension?..ie May 2008. Or is the first extension date May 2007.

Thanks

It is 90 days after your last entry into Thailand. If you never stay longer than 90 days in Thailand you would never have to report. You should report start of July if you do not leave before then.

Your first extension was in May 2007. There is no such thing as change to retirement - you obtained a one year extension of stay for retirement on that date. So you were due to report in August 2007 if you did not leave the country.

You got your extension (retirement) in May 2007.

Your first extension (back then in May 2007) counts as your first 90 day report.

After that you report every 90 days, unless you leave the country (holding a re-entry permit). In that case the 90 days start counting again from the day you re-enter Thailand.

Your new extension done in May 2008 does not count as 90 day reporting, you'll have to count 90 days from your last reporting date OR your last re-entry date if you left the country since your previous reporting!

You got your extension (retirement) in May 2007.

Your first extension (back then in May 2007) counts as your first 90 day report.

After that you report every 90 days, unless you leave the country (holding a re-entry permit). In that case the 90 days start counting again from the day you re-enter Thailand.

Your new extension done in May 2008 does not count as 90 day reporting, you'll have to count 90 days from your last reporting date OR your last re-entry date if you left the country since your previous reporting!

Thank you very much for info

You will be fined (usually 2,000) but up to 5,000 baht and believe there could be an additional 200 baht per day that could be assesed.

And would add a whole lot of verbal abuse and run around by immigration.....had a mate who was way over on his reporting....got the fine (not sure how much) a right royal telling off by immigration and they messed him around for nearly 3 hours...before finally sorting things out...