Pattay Beach - Open Sewer?

BugJackBaron

The problem in Pattaya is somewhat easy to address: A sewage treatment plant that can handle the waste produced in the area. This would require additional capital outlays which would most likely be raised through property tax assessments.

Question; Who do you think would lead the hue and cry that would rumble through the land when it was proposed that additional taxes be collected for the building of such a facility.

collecting the taxes that are due would be a good start...I remeber some guy owing several billions in tax money to the government.... :o

When I was in Pattaya in September 2007, there was a very bad smell on beach road. The Pattaya news channel on TV reported that the smell was from old stinking garbage. It reported that the city pays a private company to pick up the garbage and sometimes the company lets it sit for a very long time in order to save money. This has been a problem for a long time in Pattaya. Business groups have been trying to convince the city to crack down on the problem.

There may also be a problem with the sewage stinking, but I think that when the smell is at its worst on beach road, the garbage contributes most of it.

I like Pattaya. I just think that they have a fixable problem with garbage collection. I think if they corrected the problem, Pattaya would be more attractive to the higher end tourists and that some of the businesses there would make more money.

Edited by TheJayMan

The problem in Pattaya is somewhat easy to address: A sewage treatment plant that can handle the waste produced in the area. This would require additional capital outlays which would most likely be raised through property tax assessments.

the capital cost for a sewage treatment plant would be manageable. not manageable are the sewage connections from buildings, respectively existing septic tanks to the plant. ripping up roads, laying pipes, connecting buildings and multiple pumping stations (no planned slopes in city development) would mean a huge capital investment. not to talk about nightmarish traffic for several years.

i saw somebody mentioned canada on this post.then we saw shithole refered to as pattaya.seems to me that toronto is just as much as a shithole with some of the worst racism i have ever seen worldwide,and there are slum areas too.

mmmmmmmmm sounds like pattaya doesnt it lol

Canada's Vancouver Island runs open sewers into the Straights of Juan de Fuca and eventually waters down into The Sound (eventually raw sewage dumps into another country from the Victorian scumbagians) so I find it rather hypocritical a Canuckian whines about somthing his countrymen are used to forcing upon aother(s) nation too...I imagine the Cambodians get what The Sound doesn't deserve either. :o

Pattaya is a shit hole. Always has been. Now they're trying to put a nice glazing over shit to make it look not like shit.

Shit holes can be fun! Pattaya used to be fun when it looked liked one and everyone knew it was one!

i saw somebody mentioned canada on this post.then we saw shithole refered to as pattaya.seems to me that toronto is just as much as a shithole with some of the worst racism i have ever seen worldwide,and there are slum areas too.

mmmmmmmmm sounds like pattaya doesnt it lol

Canada's Vancouver Island runs open sewers into the Straights of Juan de Fuca and eventually waters down into The Sound (eventually raw sewage dumps into another country from the Victorian scumbagians) so I find it rather hypocritical a Canuckian whines about somthing his countrymen are used to forcing upon aother(s) nation too...I imagine the Cambodians get what The Sound doesn't deserve either. :o

Hey, like Dirty Harry, I play no favorites. I hate 'em all .Victoria is not only a sewer, but it's a sewer that thinks it is British :D. I'm still trying to parse your last sentence though...Cambodia well

at least the water down south in Sinoukville (sp?)was nicer than in Pattaya.