Jabberwocky Sailing Club Sausages

Ulysses G.

As for the "chicken rice seller" comment, the less said about that the better. Tut, tut TG you're worthy of more cutting sarcasm than that. At least you were the last time we spoke, mellowing? :o

Cheers,

Yos

actually i was not being sarcastic. it is right to have an expiry date. hmmm oh well ... cheers anyways. :D

Edited by tigerbeer

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expiry date:

Over the weekend I went through some deep freezes at Tops, Rimping, Big C and Macro. I didn't find any sell/use by dates except on some imported produce that had differing use by times depending on the 1, 2 up to 5 star freezers the purchaser was to keep them in. No Thai goods had any dates at all as far as I could see. Perhaps this not a requirement here.

I don't see how anybody could date something, when the refrigerator/freezer quality varies so much.

Apart from the above. The sausages I have bought have never lasted long enough to come close to any use by date. I heartily recommend the American links & patties. They may well be the best sausages I have ever tasted....

I had Jabberwocky American sausage patties for lunch. Aroi mahk, lahm tete (that means deeeelicious in American).

Added//// Another lunch, another Jabberwocky American sausage, with a soft fried egg, and little else. Delicious. Eaten without bread or garnishes, the spices have a good bite to them.

mcgriffith will have to pardon me for not using the appropriate adjectives, such as a hint of oregano, an audacious chile, etc. :o

I finally got around to trying the American-style pork breakfast patties.

Think Jimmy Dean with a lot less fat.

Seasonings were spot on....sage, chili (these are mildly spicy), etc.

Very little shrinkage, due to high meat/low fat content.

With 2 scrambled eggs, 1 patty (they are sized on the generous side) and some toast w/coffee- closest thing to an Amurican (sic) breakfast I've had in a long long while! :o

Gotta chime in again and say it's top-notch sausage. Crowboy you are in for a treat, mate. Hope Pattaya is treating you alright.

Any chance of Bangkok delivery, Chef?

Oh - this is an opportunity for some severe mischief! I have a supplier of dry ice in Muang Mai market. Looking forward to dropping hunks off bridges and all kind of things! The fishes in my pond are due for some shocks.....

Yes - I can now arrange delivery to almost anywhere, I think. Just had a guy pack up 25 Kilos + dry ice etc. and pay excess baggage to fly them off to London! I gather they were still frozen on arrival, so Bangkok/Pattaya should not be too difficult. All I need to do now is sort out courier or bus service. Bus would be cheaper, but courier possibly easier. You don't need to collect from the terminus.

I will charge what it costs for packaging & dry ice plus a little for fuel etc. to collect the stuff. Please let me know what you would like and how you prefer delivery.

Gotta chime in again and say it's top-notch sausage. Crowboy you are in for a treat, mate. Hope Pattaya is treating you alright.

Any chance of Bangkok delivery, Chef?

Oh - this is an opportunity for some severe mischief! I have a supplier of dry ice in Muang Mai market. Looking forward to dropping hunks off bridges and all kind of things! The fishes in my pond are due for some shocks.....

Yes - I can now arrange delivery to almost anywhere, I think. Just had a guy pack up 25 Kilos + dry ice etc. and pay excess baggage to fly them off to London! I gather they were still frozen on arrival, so Bangkok/Pattaya should not be too difficult. All I need to do now is sort out courier or bus service. Bus would be cheaper, but courier possibly easier. You don't need to collect from the terminus.

I will charge what it costs for packaging & dry ice plus a little for fuel etc. to collect the stuff. Please let me know what you would like and how you prefer delivery.

top notch sausages that comes with top notch service. good going chef ! :o

I gave an English friend of mine some of the Jabberwocky American breakfast sausages to try and he said that he really enjoyed them. I have noticed that my favorite english "bangers" are usually the ones served in the morning.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I gave an English friend of mine some of the Jabberwocky American breakfast sausages to try and he said that he really enjoyed them. I have noticed that my favorite english "bangers" are usually the ones served in the morning.

Well I'm that English Friend who UG Kindly gave the sausages to and yes I was impressed by the American breakfast sausages, Meaty and very filling. Make sure you keep to the instructions though, the cooking time of 20/30mins seemed excessive to me and I took them out of the pan after cooking them for 15mins and though they looked cooked they weren't.

Back they went and after cooking for the correct time were very tasty.