Visa Extension

Hi

My employer is in the process of arranging my work permit and B visa, in the meantime my multi non O is due to expire next Saturday so i plan to go and get a 3 month extension in the meantime. How much is the cost roughly for this.

Thanks

How do you intend to extend a non immigrant visa entry? If you have a valid multi entry you can depart the country and return for a new 90 day stay (not an extension). You must cross into another country and return so the cost will be that. In Bangkok there is organized all inclusive service in the 2,000 baht range.

Maybe i haven't made myself clear or i don't fully understand. My 1 years non O visa is going to expire on the 14th. Not the 3 month run but the whole visa period itself is due to expire. I need to stay a little longer until my non B is dealt with. As my visa ends on the 14th do i get an extension, or do i apply for a new tourist in the meantime.?

Edited by CCCP

Maybe i haven't made myself clear or i don't fully understand. My 1 years non O visa is going to expire on the 14th. Not the 3 month run but the whole visa period itself is due to expire. I need to stay a little longer until my non B is dealt with. As my visa ends on the 14th do i get an extension, or do i apply for a new tourist in the meantime.?

CCCP

If you have a 12 month multi entry non "O" visa you can actually get nearly 15 months. If you do a border run on the 11th-13th of this month , just as you have been doing every three months in the past, you will get 90 day entry permit just as you have been given previously. But thats it. If you go after the 14th you may get a 30 day entry dependent on your nationality.

As I said in post 2 you can not extend 3 months - but you can exit the country and return for a new 3 month entry if you do so before the visa expires. I also provided you sample costs.

Now if you have an expired visa (use by date passed) and you only mean your last permitted to stay ends on the 14th you will have to leave and obtain a tourist visa or visa exempt entry; or if you actually have company paperwork try Vientiane for a single entry non immigrant B visa as Briggsy suggests.

As I said in post 2 you can not extend 3 months - but you can exit the country and return for a new 3 month entry if you do so before the visa expires. I also provided you sample costs.

Now if you have an expired visa (use by date passed) and you only mean your last permitted to stay ends on the 14th you will have to leave and obtain a tourist visa or visa exempt entry; or if you actually have company paperwork try Vientiane for a single entry non immigrant B visa as Briggsy suggests.

Ok thanksf for the info. My visa expires on the 14th and that is the only day i can go. As long as i get another months stay that should fine until my employer sorts the B out.

Just out of curiousity. It expires on the 14th, so pressuming I sort it on the day that doesn't count as over stay does it.

I know i should have sorted this beforehand but my employer is a going to do type.

I'm not sure what you mean by "your employer will get you a B Non-Imm Visa".

Is it possible to change a non-imm O visa to a non-imm B visa without leaving the country? I don't know.

Am still not sure you know what you have as visa would have nothing to do with overstay.

The multi entry visa you obtain from Consulate has an expiration date of what?

The immigration 90 day stamp you obtained on your last entry has what permitted to stay until date?

Want to be very sure we do not have any misunderstanding.

Am still not sure you know what you have as visa would have nothing to do with overstay.

The multi entry visa you obtain from Consulate has an expiration date of what?

The immigration 90 day stamp you obtained on your last entry has what permitted to stay until date?

Want to be very sure we do not have any misunderstanding.

My Multi non expires on the 14th, but unfortunately i cannot get to Cambodia until the 14th. I'm pressuming in that case i will be fined 1 days overstay, and will only recieve a months stamp, and will have to return the following month providing i haven't sorted the non B out in the meantime.

I'm still waiting for my permit and Non B which was supposed to be dealt with by my employer..\

Does your most recent permitted to stay until stamp have the same date? If is very unusual that both would be the same so am not sure we are on the same page yet as you have not answered that question.

Does your most recent permitted to stay until stamp have the same date? If is very unusual that both would be the same so am not sure we are on the same page yet as you have not answered that question.

Good point i will check tonight.

Ok. My Non O 1 years multi has to be utilized by the. 14th of June, my entry stamp is valied until the 17th. Does this mean when i go to Cambodia on Saturday will get another 3 months. I'm not sure of the situation.

You visa has to be used on the 13th or before. So no you will not get 90 days (unless you are very lucky). But you will not be overstay and if eligible for visa exempt entry will get 30 days at the border.

Hi

My employer is in the process of arranging my work permit and B visa, in the meantime my multi non O is due to expire next Saturday so i plan to go and get a 3 month extension in the meantime. How much is the cost roughly for this.

Thanks

Is there a possibility that they could refuse me entry. Is it worth taking my employment contract with me.

There is no reason for them to refuse you entry if you are from a country authorized 30 day visa exempt entry. But visa exempt entry does not allow work so do not believe having work documents will be of any advantage. If you have the correct documents you could obtain a new non immigrant B visa. Vientiane has recently been reported to have issued such a visa without work permit application receipt so that might be a good place to try if you have the other paperwork.

There is no reason for them to refuse you entry if you are from a country authorized 30 day visa exempt entry. But visa exempt entry does not allow work so do not believe having work documents will be of any advantage. If you have the correct documents you could obtain a new non immigrant B visa. Vientiane has recently been reported to have issued such a visa without work permit application receipt so that might be a good place to try if you have the other paperwork.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated