Big Trouble For Friend

3billygoats

An English teacher I know has got himself into sh*t deeper than we can help him with. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Firstly, he has been here long enough to know the country and its iidiosyncrasies better, but none of us (colleagues) knew he that he had been overstaying for SIX YEARS!

That might be an easy problem to solve, but he had yet another secret from those that thought they knew him so well. He has been living with a Thai girlfriend for several years. As long as I can remember, anyway. That isn't anything special, but he had a 'gig'. Not an ordinary gig, but a katoey!

Now, his GIRLfriend knows about the overstay, but not the double life he's been enjoying :o with his special other friend. The katoey has become jealous or suspicisous or greedy and has threatened to spill the beans. I don't really know the details of the blackmail, but we're guessing that it won't be nice.

Now, if the katoey tells all (there is a connection that would make it easy enough for the girlfriend to find out), he could be deep in the sh*t if she decides to report him to immigration. At the moment, she loves him and would back him up, but he's more scared of this ladyboy than anything else. I don't know how he feels about either of them, but he needs to be REALLY careful.

The katoey in question isn't a bar thing, but one that works in the same building as him. His girlfriend doesn't go there often, but does sometimes.

We, his colleagues, can't really talk to him as a group, but may be able to indirectly help him. That is, if we knew what the best way out of all this was.

At the moment, he has taken a 'vacation' which those close to him think is back to Canada, but those in the know know is a cheap tourist resort lying low and living cheap.

Help please!

He should leave Thailand by plane, paying the overstay fee of 20,000 Baht at the airport.

If he used his passport to check in at the tourist resort and if the resort made the usual report of arrival of guests to the immigration office or local police station and if the recipient of this report does his job correctly, your colleague’s problem will be solved for him by the authorities. Look at the attached page 2 of the resort’s report of arrivals. It includes among other details from the passport the expiry date of stay.

--

Maestro

tm30_p2.pdf

If he is now out of the country it may be a good thing if he does not come back.

If he is in the country then he really should do as Meastro suggests, otherwise he could face some very harsh consequences.

He messed up ....the piper has to be paid I'm sorry to say

Notwithstanding that he is more than likely having unprotected sex with both of them, and that cannot be a good thing can it?

Edited by ThaiPauly

He has nothing to return to his homeland for. He is a lost cause in many's eyes, but returning home isn't an option at the moment. I think he has his passprt with him at the ciast, but a few others tell me his girlfriend has it. Apparently the ladyboy has been hanging around near where he works.

Poor bugger

This guy has no work permit which probably means also has no confirmed references. There are law breakers like this who could be teaching my daughter or children.

These morons make it bad here for the rest of us, actions in which could provoke Immigration into tightening up the rules even further.

Obviously this guy is a loser and anyone who gets involved with him will also become losers.

I would like to see the following Illegal immigrant or visa overstay punishments introduced:

200000 baht fine for each month up to 12 months of overstay, include part year over 12 months as one year and immediate deportation at their expense. Indefinite stay in jail until can raise funds for fine and deportation

Tourist visa

6 months maximum stay in Thailand per year over any time or in split periods within 12 months. Overstayers, 200000 baht fine for each month up to 12 months of overstay, include part year over 12 months as one year and immediate deportation at their expense. Indefinite stay in jail until can raise funds for fine and deportation

Work visa

One year maximum. Change or lose job before 12 months without informing Immigration: 200000 baht fine for each month up to 12 months of overstay, include part year over 12 months as one year and immediate deportation at their expense. Indefinite stay in jail until can raise funds for fine and deportation. Penalty for claiming work permit by deception or having no work permit, 200000 baht fine and a mandatory 5-year jail sentence.

Married to Thai visa

Non (O) visa for a maximum of 12 months. Increase visa stake to 1 million baht, present rules pertaining to property ownership etc to apply. This method makes it easier to eliminate marriages of convenience. Overstayers: 200000 baht fine for each month up to 12 months of overstay, include part year over 12 months as one year and immediate deportation at their expense. Indefinite stay in jail until can raise funds for fine and deportation

Retirement visa

Non (O) for a maximum of 12 months. Increase visa stake investment to 2 million baht, including for those retirees who are still residing here for the ridiculous low amount of only 200000 baht per year visa stake. Present rules pertaining to property ownership etc to apply. Overstayers 200000 baht fine for each month up to 12 months of overstay, include part year over 12 months as one year and immediate deportation at their expense. Indefinite stay in jail until can raise funds for fine and deportation

Other

All foreign visa applicants to acquire documents from their home country police departments confirming what is, or what is not on criminal file about them.

Terminate the visa runs and impose all foreign visa applicants to use the system as I quoted above.

Edited by distortedlink

This guy has no work permit which probably means also has no confirmed references. There are law breakers like this who could be teaching my daughter or children.

These morons make it bad here for the rest of us, actions in which could provoke Immigration into tightening up the rules even further.

Obviously this guy is a loser and anyone who gets involved with him will also become losers.

I would like to see the following Illegal immigrant or visa overstay punishments introduced:

200000 baht fine for each month up to 12 months of overstay, include part year over 12 months as one year and immediate deportation at their expense. Indefinite stay in jail until can raise funds for fine and deportation

Tourist visa

6 months maximum stay in Thailand per year over any time or in split periods within 12 months. Overstayers, 200000 baht fine for each month up to 12 months of overstay, include part year over 12 months as one year and immediate deportation at their expense. Indefinite stay in jail until can raise funds for fine and deportation

Work visa

One year maximum. Change or lose job before 12 months without informing Immigration: 200000 baht fine for each month up to 12 months of overstay, include part year over 12 months as one year and immediate deportation at their expense. Indefinite stay in jail until can raise funds for fine and deportation. Penalty for claiming work permit by deception or having no work permit, 200000 baht fine and a mandatory 5-year jail sentence.

Married to Thai visa

Non (O) visa for a maximum of 12 months. Increase visa stake to 1 million baht, present rules pertaining to property ownership etc to apply. This method makes it easier to eliminate marriages of convenience. Overstayers: 200000 baht fine for each month up to 12 months of overstay, include part year over 12 months as one year and immediate deportation at their expense. Indefinite stay in jail until can raise funds for fine and deportation

Retirement visa

Non (O) for a maximum of 12 months. Increase visa stake investment to 2 million baht, including for those retirees who are still residing here for the ridiculous low amount of only 200000 baht per year visa stake. Present rules pertaining to property ownership etc to apply. Overstayers 200000 baht fine for each month up to 12 months of overstay, include part year over 12 months as one year and immediate deportation at their expense. Indefinite stay in jail until can raise funds for fine and deportation

Other

All foreign visa applicants to acquire documents from their home country police departments confirming what is, or what is not on criminal file about them.

Terminate the visa runs and impose all foreign visa applicants to use the system as I quoted above.

200,000 seems to be one of your favourite numbers. Did you pluck it out of thin air, or do you have some reasoning for this specific amount?

Whatever the case, i'm sure a lot of officers in authority would be licking their lips at your suggestions - just think of the under the table sums they could demand!

He has nothing to return to his homeland for. He is a lost cause in many's eyes, but returning home isn't an option at the moment. I think he has his passprt with him at the ciast, but a few others tell me his girlfriend has it. Apparently the ladyboy has been hanging around near where he works.

Poor bugger

He has two problems, a relational one and an immigration one. Like Maestro said, the immigration police will solve his first problem. Trying to fix the relational problems is nice, but might be a waist of time.

It doesn't matter he hasn't got nothing to return to his homeland for. He overstayed big time. He better buy a ticket and just pay the fine and leave.

If he is being checked by police he will be detained till someone pays the 20,000 fine and pays for the airticket. You won't get that easily checked if you stay in one place, but I get more and more checked traveling with inter provicial busses these days and if he checked in at a resort or a hotel with his passport immigration will have him in no time. Tell him to leave.

I'm surprised that returning to his homeland is not an option since he has been here for 6 years overstay already. Is he running away from something there also?

Does he really think he won't get caught eventually, by either the Police, Girlfriend or Boyfriend?

For someone who really doesn't want to go home, he hasn't left himself too many options, since he has knowingly broken the Law here by both working and overstaying and now he's also in a position where, if, either the girlfriend or boyfriend find him he might not be found, fit in body anymore either.

I think Maestro's suggestion would be the easiest way to get out of such an entanglement and go face the music in his homeland.

Tourist visa

Work visa

:o

he that he had been overstaying for SIX YEARS!
He should leave Thailand by plane, paying the overstay fee of 20,000 Baht at the airport.

If he used his passport to check in at the tourist resort and if the resort made the usual report of arrival of guests to the immigration office or local police station and if the recipient of this report does his job correctly, your colleague's problem will be solved for him by the authorities. Look at the attached page 2 of the resort's report of arrivals. It includes among other details from the passport the expiry date of stay.

Overstay for 6 years?? A Canadian passport is only valid for 5 years. Considering his lack of respect for the law and proper procedures, I'd bet the farm that his passport has expired a long time ago.

I'd be curious to know how he checked in to the hotel... probably in someone else's name, or it is some place / guest house that doesn't follow the correct immigration reporting procedure.

Tourist visa

Work visa

Married to Thai visa

Retirement visa

Other

I assume you are still living in england. :o

His other concern is working without a work permit!

Any chance that's you on your bike? Like to see a close-up. Only thing I regret about coming to LOS is leaving my '97 Fatboy. Gorgeous bike!

If he used his passport to check in at the tourist resort and if the resort made the usual report of arrival of guests to the immigration office or local police station and if the recipient of this report does his job correctly, your colleague's problem will be solved for him by the authorities. Look at the attached page 2 of the resort's report of arrivals. It includes among other details from the passport the expiry date of stay.

--

Maestro

spot on

The person doing all of this should not classify either as colleague or friend. I agree with others that indicate this person has some more skeletons that no one knows of. I would disassociate myself with this person promptly before getting pulled into whatever history this person has.

I don't know why everyone is acting surprised. I met more people working on overstay, no work permit or fake degree with a work permit than fully legit.

A real teacher with a degree in Thailand , that has a B visa, work permit and teacher's licence is a rarity!

I don't know why everyone is acting surprised. I met more people working on overstay, no work permit or fake degree with a work permit than fully legit.

A real teacher with a degree in Thailand , that has a B visa, work permit and teacher's licence is a rarity!

because many on Thaivisa are judgemental ass's who have never had so much as a parking ticket.

You're 'system' is retarded. You make a small mistake and lose track of time so you get a $6,000 US fine? Or, 5 years in jail? Sounds like a great way to totally destroy your tourism industry!

Tourist visa

Work visa

Married to Thai visa

Retirement visa

Other

^ what's a moran?

A religious person usually from Utah.

that's funny, thanks for the 1st chuckle of the day.

as for the the guy who's too cool for his own good: he should get legal a.s.a.p.

as for his relationship stuff, .....so what - except one or more of his mates might get a STD or an 'ok hak' (broken heart).

It's also true that bottom feeders like the guy mentioned - adversely affect people around them - and put a stain on ex-pats in general. resulting in stiffer rules.

Edited by brahmburgers

He's saved quite an amount of money over the years with his overstay. Exit at the airport, pay the fine, and bobs your uncle, piper has been paid.

Don't fancy his chances with the katoey/gf battle though. :o

Tourist visa

Work visa

Married to Thai visa

Retirement visa

Other

Mr T is home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

because many on Thaivisa are judgemental ass's who have never had so much as a parking ticket.

OR because "many" realize that people like this sometimes are running from something serious. Maybe the "something serious" is not what you want around adults let alone the educational system. I find it interesting that anyone supports such lack of character; except maybe those that themselves exhibit similar behavior.

There's more than one poster on this thread under a bridge. There's nothing about pedophilia in this topic (which may soon be closed), and further attempts to take it there will result in warnings...

Assuming there's anything legit about it:

The 'friend' of the OP should take his lumps now before they get worse, because it's not going to get better. It's really not recommended to work illegally as a teacher here (in fact, I'd hardly recommend doing it legally).

"S"

we have all met people like your friend at some point in our lives. my advice would be to keep well away from him.

he sounds a right pratt and brings us all down with him.

I feel sorry for his girlfriend. the ladyboy sound just as bad as him though.