Movies You Just Watched

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bank Job (2008)

A true life crime flick based on the events of the "walki-talkie" 1971 bank job at Baker St. London which was controversial as the crime was given a D notice government gagging order to allegedly protect a prominent Royal family member.

Entertaining film and gives you food for thought.

Watched The Bank Job last night and thought it was brilliant.Princess margaret was oh so naughty in her younger days lol.

Last night Wanted. Hyper-kinetic and intriguing. Apparently a sequel is planned {at least a screenplay being 'penned'}, presumably focused on Stamp's character but wonder how it'll open in the US, since WALL.E {Waste Allocation Load Lifter Earth-class} opens there today as well. The stentorian trailers leave me cold for this one.

Regards

Edited by A_Traveller

Introduced the wife to "Gangster number 1".

Wife thought it was "too much, digusting".

Also saw "Warlords", kept feeling that it was party propaganda like most of Jet Li's chinese movies. Sacrifices have to made for the greater good, brotherhood etc etc.

"1408" - huh????

Cloverfield - intense, genuinely scary in parts, bit corny in others. I can see why watching this movie on the big screen start to finish would be tough going for many (motion sickness).

Few movies attract such a range of love and hate reviews. It wasn't what I expected.

For the first time in nearly 3 years of living here I went to see a Thai movie yesterday - Somtum. It's about a very large farang (I think he's an Ausie wrestler), who turns into a kind of red incredible Hulk when he eats somtum.

Very funny, the farang actors are more wooden than a length of 4by2, but I have earned significant brownie points with the missus :o

Edit/ I forgot to add that alot of the movie was filmed in Pattaya, which added to the interest as a resident.

Somtam was fun.The slapstick certainly appeals to the Thais and it is a harmless, entertaining movie.

If you think the Farang acting was wooden - have you watched the Thai soaps ??? :D

Watched The Bourne Supremacy, better than the first. I am liking these movies!

The films are Ok but are not a patch on the books

(true of many films except Harry Potter, railway Children, James Bond etc - perhaps we can start a thread about which films actually came up to expectations where you had read the book first ! )

Matt damon does not match my mental image of Jason Bourne

Ever woken up in a remote place after a heavy night and realised someone must of surgicaly removed your kidneys, yes.. well watch Tursistas for clues on who could've taken it. Ha ha.

Not a bad horror flick for a Tues Aft. A bunch of backpackers travelling through Brazil end up marooned on an Idylic stretch of beach after the bus they were on slips off an hairpin bend. Not to worry this beach comes with a groovy little beach bar that turns into a raunchy nightclub complete with a bevvy of Brazilian stunners who will let you take them around the back for a few pesos. Ha ha.

The fun starts when the hapless turistas awake face down on the beach robbed of all their belongings..

Apparently the director was inspired to make the movie after getting robbed in Peru by a gang of glue sniffing 13 year olds. "I ran, they shot at me and the police essentially said, 'If you give us $300, we know where the kids are, we will let you kill them'" Charming.

Edited by enyaw

Watched Red Cliff last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it and the two and half hours sped by. I'm not sure how many places are playing it with English subtitles though [by the by they're not great nor clear [white on white is popular :o ], I saw it at Scala.

Regards

PS Guess I should say that the battle at Red Cliff is in the second file, but the action in this one is spectacular, as one might expect from John Woo.

Edited by A_Traveller

I just came home a while ago after watching Hancock by Will Smith, Charlize Theron and Jason Bateman on the late showtime at EGV; my sons chose to watch that movie and I was expecting a silly action movie with a typical heroes-glorifying story; but that movie was really different; we had a lot of fun; I was giggling loudly through out the whole movie :D

one of the lovely lines at this movie was: Good JOB :D and it was.

and "my favorite line" was said by Charlize :

Did I hear you calling me crazy; say it one more time! :D

and Will replied:: Coco :D

and he was really asking for trouble by saying that :o