Wedding Planner In Samui ?

Hi!

My GF (faraang) and I (faraang too, lol) plan to get married here next year.. We'll get our friends and families to flight over to samui from Australia and Europe... about 50 guests I think.

Anyone heard of a wedding planner in Samui ?

thanks

I know big john seafood used to do this (maybe they still do) & there are a couple more now too so like boater suggest, do a google & send off some emails.

Don't forget also that you will both have to get affirmation fo freedom to marry from your own embassies in bangkok & then have those stamped by the ministry of foreign affairs before any legal wedding can take place in Thailand.

Oh & Congratulations :o

There is a Guy called Johnny currently providing this service and apparently he is very good. I dont have his contact details but i can tell you he plays for Jordans pool team in Maenam and he will be there on Monday 23rd as they are playing at home on that night from 8pm onwards. Nice guy with good Hotel contacts.

Additionally the owner of the U.K's busiest wedding planning company lives in Samui, although i dont think he is involved with weddings in Thailand, he might have some good advice. Usually in The International Bar and is called Rob/Robert

If you are having a wedding planner to sort out your wedding I do suggest that you do your affirmation to marry by yourself. If you go to the embassy and get their letter and then take it to a translator office, they will translate it and get it stamped etc for you and deliver it to your hotel for about 6000 baht whereas the wedding planners charge you at least 20,000 baht to do it for you. I sorted it all out for both my own wedding and also my daughters and its easy to do.

HL :o

If you are having a wedding planner to sort out your wedding I do suggest that you do your affirmation to marry by yourself. If you go to the embassy and get their letter and then take it to a translator office, they will translate it and get it stamped etc for you and deliver it to your hotel for about 6000 baht whereas the wedding planners charge you at least 20,000 baht to do it for you. I sorted it all out for both my own wedding and also my daughters and its easy to do.

HL :D

Great larry, thanks for the tip :o Acctually, we'll be legaly getting married in thailand a couple of months before we have the ceremony with our families and all, so our plan was already to do it ourselves

Hi!

My GF (faraang) and I (faraang too, lol) plan to get married here next year.. We'll get our friends and families to flight over to samui from Australia and Europe... about 50 guests I think.

Anyone heard of a wedding planner in Samui ?

thanks

gay i live on samui and there are 2 places that ome to mind ;1 rocky resort speak to rio se isvery good.

2,5 islands resort, dont know any one there but amazing location.try them on the internet :o

Kev, if you want to impress then how about this yacht. Its 5 star luxury and is licesed for 138 people. Its just fnished being the start / timing boat for the Samui iternational regatta. If I was going to get hitched again, 3 times is enough for any sane man, then ths would be my choice. PM me if you want any more details Enjoy :o

post-24982-1213937188_thumb.jpg

There is a Guy called Johnny currently providing this service and apparently he is very good. I dont have his contact details but i can tell you he plays for Jordans pool team in Maenam and he will be there on Monday 23rd as they are playing at home on that night from 8pm onwards. Nice guy with good Hotel contacts.

Additionally the owner of the U.K's busiest wedding planning company lives in Samui, although i dont think he is involved with weddings in Thailand, he might have some good advice. Usually in The International Bar and is called Rob/Robert

Thank you for the name check and kind words Breezein, much appreciated, if you are around Jordans on Monday do say hello, regards.

Johnny

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry I didn't see this last month when it was current. I'm helping friends build a new web site and just started looking more deeply into the subject of weddings here.

I know that my friend and his wife can plan everything for you and your party anywhere in Thailand. In Koh Samui, their shop is a wedding & photo studio in Boput. They have only been in business for a year here and before that in Bangkok. I was talking to the owner - Kuhn Sony - last week and was amazed at how reasonable their prices are, and how high the prices of the competition are. They have a package for Baht 25-30,000 that the industry leaders get 80,000 for. I can't explain the reason for the huge difference. I guess the competition is relying on foreigners being gullible or not realizing how cheap some things still are in Thailand - even Samui - compared to their home countries. Remember what poster 'happylarry' said about paying either Baht 6,000 or baht 20,000 for the same legal service. I know you have the legal part figured out, but from what Sony tells me the same principle applies throughout the industry.

My friends have a unique way of not personally making a lot of money on things that come from outside businesses - like hotels, villas, restaurants, flowers, wedding cakes, travel, tours, and other things they don't do 'in house'. The way Sony explains it, they are trying to make a little profit, preferring to save the customers some money, get good word-of-mouth, and build a solid customer base. To me, this sounds like a good idea for a new business. I've seen their gowns and they're exceptional - beautiful embroidery. One of the competitors also saw some of their gowns - and copied them!

What they offer 'in house' are Thai and Western wedding gowns and groom's attire (tuxedo's and Thai traditional garb for rent or sale). They work with a renowned Thai wedding gown designer in Bangkok. They can photograph the wedding, and set up all the ceremonies, parties, accommodations and activities.

The wife does a nice job cutting my hair. She studied cosmetology and hair design in college, and apparently, knows how to do makeup optimized for photography. They also have a portrait studio and can do wedding portraiture. They're pretty new here, and don't 'crank out' weddings, like others. So I'm sure you can get super-personalized service from them.

I'll PM you with their contact details.

Congratulations!

Buzzer

• 3 months later...

Thanks,Buzzer. ur info is really useful.

Could u also PM me your friends' contact detail? Thank you!!!

Hi,

Sorry I didn't see this last month when it was current. I'm helping friends build a new web site and just started looking more deeply into the subject of weddings here.

I know that my friend and his wife can plan everything for you and your party anywhere in Thailand. In Koh Samui, their shop is a wedding & photo studio in Boput. They have only been in business for a year here and before that in Bangkok. I was talking to the owner - Kuhn Sony - last week and was amazed at how reasonable their prices are, and how high the prices of the competition are. They have a package for Baht 25-30,000 that the industry leaders get 80,000 for. I can't explain the reason for the huge difference. I guess the competition is relying on foreigners being gullible or not realizing how cheap some things still are in Thailand - even Samui - compared to their home countries. Remember what poster 'happylarry' said about paying either Baht 6,000 or baht 20,000 for the same legal service. I know you have the legal part figured out, but from what Sony tells me the same principle applies throughout the industry.

My friends have a unique way of not personally making a lot of money on things that come from outside businesses - like hotels, villas, restaurants, flowers, wedding cakes, travel, tours, and other things they don't do 'in house'. The way Sony explains it, they are trying to make a little profit, preferring to save the customers some money, get good word-of-mouth, and build a solid customer base. To me, this sounds like a good idea for a new business. I've seen their gowns and they're exceptional - beautiful embroidery. One of the competitors also saw some of their gowns - and copied them!

What they offer 'in house' are Thai and Western wedding gowns and groom's attire (tuxedo's and Thai traditional garb for rent or sale). They work with a renowned Thai wedding gown designer in Bangkok. They can photograph the wedding, and set up all the ceremonies, parties, accommodations and activities.

The wife does a nice job cutting my hair. She studied cosmetology and hair design in college, and apparently, knows how to do makeup optimized for photography. They also have a portrait studio and can do wedding portraiture. They're pretty new here, and don't 'crank out' weddings, like others. So I'm sure you can get super-personalized service from them.

Congratulations!

Buzzer

Hi there,

I got married in Koh Samui in April this year. My husband and I are both farang (UK) and live in Bangkok. The resort we chose insisted we used a particular wedding planner, which I was none too happy about at first, but she turned out to be excellent and I'd have no qualms recommending her to anyone.

We had 50 guests at the wedding from the UK, Australia, etc and booked the whole resort for 5 days.

Please feel free to PM me if you would like more details. I'd be happy to share photos, contacts, etc etc...

L x

Hi,

Congratulations!

Buzzer