Suan Sawarn

enfield951

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indeed I am most grateful moderation has been introduced.All I expressed was an opinion ,my own personal opinion that the apartment block looks akin to Kennedy space station Florida,indeed from an earlier picture it would be hard to distinguish between the two.

Anyway that may be a plus point,one could always brag that it is indeed a back up storage facility for the space shuttle.

I apologise if I offended anybody earlier,but it does look like Kenndy space station.

lol, what a laugh.. this is not of topic no.. nobody offends me with anything, just saying that this topic is about suan sawarn and

if it gets completed i thought.. apparently not..

anyway, to goldenballs who pm'ed me and who cares else ; the park is still in progress but not to many workers, got some pics from last week

i saw they painted the building and the elevator works, not sure if this is news, it was a while since i got there..

if u want me to go there once in a while i will.. i'll post some pics too, and some of suan sawarn also, nothing really new, they are from only one day after the last pics

i took..

cheerz

ps ; if i can give an opinion PLEASE, kennedy space station?! cmon.. what project looks good when in progress? hope this don't get deleted :)

post-71348-1264546308_thumb.jpg

post-71348-1264546321_thumb.jpg

post-71348-1264546334_thumb.jpg

post-71348-1264546348_thumb.jpg

post-71348-1264546358_thumb.jpg

post-71348-1264546374_thumb.jpg

post-71348-1264546383_thumb.jpg

post-71348-1264546393_thumb.jpg

Having followed the posts on this thread and witnessing the building methods on this site I can positively say forget the imminent collapse of Central it is here where the collapse will take place.

Human activity has indeed caused major collapse in buildings,and here especially Thailand where this activity is foremost,I am most fearful of a fearsome "bonking" session on the fifth floor causing this building to start a swaying motion coupled in harmony with other sessions throughout the building causing total collapse.

Not that I am an expert on anything in particular,but answers from some of previous posters suggest that when they get the bit between their teeth ,and possibly a glint in their eye,a most fearsome warrior is at hand.

Mention of an office block indeed brings speculation to mind if indeed all you are going to witness from a point outside the building is just pairs of legs in the air at each and every window.

Buildings do collapse here...remember that mall in Khorat? Lots of people were killed....

Having followed the posts on this thread and witnessing the building methods on this site I can positively say forget the imminent collapse of Central it is here where the collapse will take place.

Human activity has indeed caused major collapse in buildings,and here especially Thailand where this activity is foremost,I am most fearful of a fearsome "bonking" session on the fifth floor causing this building to start a swaying motion coupled in harmony with other sessions throughout the building causing total collapse.

Not that I am an expert on anything in particular,but answers from some of previous posters suggest that when they get the bit between their teeth ,and possibly a glint in their eye,a most fearsome warrior is at hand.

Mention of an office block indeed brings speculation to mind if indeed all you are going to witness from a point outside the building is just pairs of legs in the air at each and every window.

Buildings do collapse here...remember that mall in Khorat? Lots of people were killed....

No I don't remember and clearly also you don't since it was a hotel.

Edited by basjke

I can assure you they are working every day on this project...I mean every day...I am temporarily across the street until our house is finished. I can count at least 15 workers every day...working hard. I think the roof is going in very shortly. Very shortly.

BUT! Check out this pick from a few weeks ago! They just pulled the pillars back into place and patched in the holes...you can see them on all the pillars...not sure that is a good way to go...cheap construction for sure.... :)

15 workers. Wow. There are at least 100 working on 2 sets of shop houses across from my village and those shop houses have been under construction for over 2 years.

I can assure you they are working every day on this project...I mean every day...I am temporarily across the street until our house is finished. I can count at least 15 workers every day...working hard. I think the roof is going in very shortly. Very shortly.

BUT! Check out this pick from a few weeks ago! They just pulled the pillars back into place and patched in the holes...you can see them on all the pillars...not sure that is a good way to go...cheap construction for sure.... :)

15 workers. Wow. There are at least 100 working on 2 sets of shop houses across from my village and those shop houses have been under construction for over 2 years.

It really depends on the day. One day there are like ants up there, the next day only a few, the next none, the next 10-15. The work camp is right across the street. I have seen big trucks come in and take a full load of workers out in the AM and then return around 5 or so with them. Guess they are at some other site for that day. But progress seems slow right now...I am guessing all this rain doesn't help!

Thanks for the pics and updates Steven. As always, much appreciated from those who have a vested interest in SS. For others posting their "opinion" on the project and can't envision the finished project....... well who really cares they will not be living there.

Indeed I am most grateful moderation has been introduced.All I expressed was an opinion ,my own personal opinion that the apartment block looks akin to Kennedy space station Florida,indeed from an earlier picture it would be hard to distinguish between the two.

Anyway that may be a plus point,one could always brag that it is indeed a back up storage facility for the space shuttle.

I apologise if I offended anybody earlier,but it does look like Kenndy space station.

lol, what a laugh.. this is not of topic no.. nobody offends me with anything, just saying that this topic is about suan sawarn and

if it gets completed i thought.. apparently not..

anyway, to goldenballs who pm'ed me and who cares else ; the park is still in progress but not to many workers, got some pics from last week

i saw they painted the building and the elevator works, not sure if this is news, it was a while since i got there..

if u want me to go there once in a while i will.. i'll post some pics too, and some of suan sawarn also, nothing really new, they are from only one day after the last pics

i took..

cheerz

ps ; if i can give an opinion PLEASE, kennedy space station?! cmon.. what project looks good when in progress? hope this don't get deleted :)

I think your memory is failing also...it was a hotel with a department store/mall downstairs. My wife's aunt lives directly across from there...

I think your memory is failing also...it was a hotel with a department store/mall downstairs. My wife's aunt lives directly across from there...

Please refrain from incorrect statements to justify your posts,as you do in many topics I noticed,as the Royal plaza hotel was a high class hotel with a conference/ball room underneath.

I also never said that I remembered it as the collapse happened in 1993,one year before I arrived here and probably many more years before your arrival.

Google is your friend. :)

Ouch...quite touchy I see...can we keep this at a polite level? Please???? Life is too short.

I did not use google, have talked about this with my wife's aunt and my wife actually was living there when it happened. So I would say that is first hand knowledge...

Deejaystven,

As always thank you for the updates, as we know the Park thread was deleted, if it bot putting you out please pass by the Park and give me a quick update, I am building B remember.

For the owners in Suan Sawarn, keep the faith guys, I'm a Brit working in the Middle east, its not just Pattaya thats in trouble, I have friends who have lots hundreds of thousands of dollars in Duai in bankrupt real estate, at least ours is only delayed.

Nidge

Hello craig 3365

do you can make some fotos from inside and the garage?

Thanks for your help

OK, stopped by there today. To get to Bldg B, you have to drive around the back of A down a narrow dirt road. No big deal, but it is a construction road and after these rains, a little messed up. But, I did the best I could with the pics.

As you can see, Bldg A is a ghost. I drove to B and there was nobody there. Even in A. We did see a guard in A along with a Thai guy walking around. That was it. Here are the pics. I tried to get into the garage, but it is still under construction and the entrance was a muddy mess.

If I can help out in any other way, please let me know. I live just down the street so can stop by any time. No worries.

Craig

post-5869-1264673387_thumb.jpg

post-5869-1264673394_thumb.jpg

post-5869-1264673401_thumb.jpg

post-5869-1264673412_thumb.jpg

post-5869-1264673418_thumb.jpg

post-5869-1264673428_thumb.jpg

post-5869-1264673433_thumb.jpg

post-5869-1264673439_thumb.jpg

post-5869-1264673443_thumb.jpg

post-5869-1264673449_thumb.jpg

As you can see, Bldg A is a ghost. I drove to B and there was nobody there. Even in A. We did see a guard in A along with a Thai guy walking around. That was it

But ofcourse everything is fine and it will be finished in time.

What was that date again,oh yeah April 2553.....................But I assume in the western date system

Edited by basjke

Craig... and of course everyone else,

Thanks for the update of the Park, Building B has not moved since I was there last August, this is really depressing to see. Hopefully if Suan Sawarn happens it will release the cash to complete the Park.... I hope :)

Nidge

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well they are back working like gangbusters today. After many weeks of not much going on at all, over 50 workers are back at it. Place is crawling with activity. I think they are getting ready to pour concrete on the top.

• 2 weeks later...

I have left my camera in the car...again...but will take a pic shortly. They have finished laying the concrete for the upper floor and are starting on the roof fairly soon. Inside walls are starting to go up. That is for the 2nd building, to the left of the one that is already done. The smaller building in front has the foundation laid, supports going up now. Plenty of workers the past few weeks...

Thanks for a very fast reply, keep up the good work, difficult to know what is happening, when some of us are in the 2 ice time......

Just took a pic. Hope this helps! They seem to be working on it pretty hard. Full crew out every day....

post-5869-1268959723_thumb.jpg