Suan Sawarn

enfield951

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've got a mail from Kung today, but I couldn't open it. If someone who got the same pictures can upload it here, I would be greatfull.

Hi

With Word 2007 I can open the files.

When you don't have this Word version or it still doesn't work I attach the pdf files with this ADD so you can open it with a Acrobat pdf reader.

You can send me as well your email address to [email protected] so I can send the same files in pdf format to your email account.

regards, Jan

BuildingA.pdf

BuildingB.pdf

BuildingC.pdf

BuildingD1.pdf

BuildingD2.pdf

I've got a mail from Kung today, but I couldn't open it. If someone who got the same pictures can upload it here, I would be greatfull.

Hi

With Word 2007 I can open the files.

When you don't have this Word version or it still doesn't work I attach the pdf files with this ADD so you can open it with a Acrobat pdf reader.

You can send me as well your email address to [email protected] so I can send the same files in pdf format to your email account.

regards, Jan

Looks like a big glasshouse :)

Just to inform, the site is at a standstill again, no workers and no activity at all, was at the office where they can inform that it is 55% complete overall, but have problems with financing again. There are 230 units, it means it cost them, according to contracts, baht 230000 every day.

I am losing confidence in this company and in the owner MR. GORDON GILLEN, that they ever manage to finish this project according to contract, so maybe it is time to use the contract clausul to ask for money back...........

I'm still happy with that discount i already have so i'm sorry u couldn't make me look stupid once again

Really? Still happy?

Actually, he did make you look kinda stupid, sorry. After talking up the wonderfulness of taking risks, then you don't want to accept what you get: no window. And maybe no building, too. It's beginning to look like risk-taking in Thai real estate isn't a good idea at all, unless you're very, very sophisticated.

Just to inform, the site is at a standstill again, no workers and no activity at all, was at the office where they can inform that it is 55% complete overall, but have problems with financing again. There are 230 units, it means it cost them, according to contracts, baht 230000 every day.

I am losing confidence in this company and in the owner MR. GORDON GILLEN, that they ever manage to finish this project according to contract, so maybe it is time to use the contract clausul to ask for money back...........

I am not suprised but all the other owners seem to be happy bunnyies .( they only talk of getting a discount and that nobody should critize !}

Getting money back?When hel_l freezes over springs to mind.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not suprised but all the other owners seem to be happy bunnyies .( they only talk of getting a discount and that nobody should critize !}

it's getting boring all these funny guys who are so happy if someone loses money cause they can't afford it themselves..

nobody's happy but what do you want us to do, cry and complain and screen.. it is what it is so we dealwith it and once again,

it's happening all over the world so Thailand will surely be no exception..

i've been in the office a few weeks ago and spoke with Kung, it's gonna be late again for sure, they get their funds in parts and everytime they

run out of money they can't pay workers tillnext payday so it's standing still.. like it was from the beginning sadly enough..

Anyway, we'll see what happens i'm not losing sleep over it i have all the time in the world it's not like i'm gonna get customers to

rent it to in these times Pattaya is as dead as MJ.. lucky our club is still rocking busy intheclub.gif

will go and check it out in the next few days coz many times b4 there do were workers but not so

many and working inside doing some small jobs..

grtz

Look at it this way ,the later the building is finished the bigger the penalty payments will be.Better than renting out the amount now is totalling up over the late handover timings.Well done the owners of these flats,you all deserve a slap on the back for your expertise and good fortune.

....and if I may add without fear of contradiction the amount of jealousy generated by critics of this building site,once the buildings are finished,will be enormous,.... and I observe the authors of some posts do not suffer fools lightly,and nor should they,for they have the fortitude and bearing to withstand ignorance and buffoonery from individuals who cannot even afford the doorhandle let alone a flat in this superior development

Edited by jori

Look at it this way ,the later the building is finished the bigger the penalty payments will be.Better than renting out the amount now is totalling up over the late handover timings.Well done the owners of these flats,you all deserve a slap on the back for your expertise and good fortune.

....and if I may add without fear of contradiction the amount of jealousy generated by critics of this building site,once the buildings are finished,will be enormous,.... and I observe the authors of some posts do not suffer fools lightly,and nor should they,for they have the fortitude and bearing to withstand ignorance and buffoonery from individuals who cannot even afford the doorhandle let alone a flat in this superior development

Dear Readers,

Go right back through this thread to the very beginning and you will see the words " YOU ARE JOKING ?"

This and the PARK are two of the most obvious non events jutting out on the unfinished skyline that is Jomtien. Along with the 90 storey Ocean 1 pie in the sky development.

I met a guy who had bought "fresh air' on the 32 nd floor of that one.....!!!!! a bargain at 3.5 million Baht ???

Property investment is about "bricks and mortar".....

I visited the office of Suan Sawarn the other day accompanied by 5 stray dogs I went through an assault course of mud, puddles and rickety wooden steps to the far end where the pleasant Thai ladies sit in their DUPLEX Glass fronted office.

I saw no "workers" and no advancement has taken place in years ? One lady said she "hoped" it would be finished by the end of 2011. Not without any workers on site it wont !!!

Why did I go there.?.....I just had to satisfy my own curiosity and find out what it is all about.

Thanks be to Buddha I never put one red cent/baht into this project.

But sadly a lot of people have.

"Mrs Gump, Is there a Mr. Gump ?"

>.from individuals who cannot even afford the doorhandle let alone a flat in this superior development<<

Maybe there are some like that ,but also some like me who are glad that they bought else where ,and have now got the keys to their new Condo .

Are the buyers of Suan Sawarn bothered or perplexed? not one bit,they are assured of a piece of prime real estate in the near future,a futuristic and ultra modern building ,to be admired and cosseted by one and all,a true masterpiece awaiting

.Of course things do not go as planned ,nothing does,but it makes it all the more pleasurable the anticipated awaitng for its completion,just like sex.

All those in positive awe of this most magnificent development will surely be agog at the planned champage and caviar opening party,how I wish I could be there,truly heaven on Earth.

Dear Readers,

Go right back through this thread to the very beginning and you will see the words " YOU ARE JOKING ?"

This and the PARK are two of the most obvious non events jutting out on the unfinished skyline that is Jomtien. Along with the 90 storey Ocean 1 pie in the sky development.

I met a guy who had bought "fresh air' on the 32 nd floor of that one.....!!!!! a bargain at 3.5 million Baht ???

I visited the office of Suan Sawarn the other day accompanied by 5 stray dogs I went through an assault course of mud, puddles and rickety wooden steps to the far end where the pleasant Thai ladies sit in their DUPLEX Glass fronted office.

I saw no "workers" and no advancement has taken place in years ? One lady said she "hoped" it would be finished by the end of 2011. Not without any workers on site it wont !!!

Why did I go there.?.....I just had to satisfy my own curiosity and find out what it is all about.

Lonewolf,

<<<no advancement has taken place in years ?>>>>

Do you have any idea what your are talking about after your 1 yes.......ONE visit to the site?

There has actually been alot of progress in past 9 months. I was there last July and also December. One year ago bldg B was barely a structure and it is near complete now. Bldg C and D were nothing but structure in place now.

Yes all would like the project to be complete on time but with the civial unrest/protests, general economy, currency fluctuation things can take longer.

Have other projects been completed on time, despite the aforementioned events? Just ask Thaifan and he will gloat how cunning he was to buy in Park Lane and not Suan Sawarn, a story many on the board have heard over and over. Although I am sure his unit in Park Lane still sits empty so what does a delay really matter.

Dear Readers,

LONEWOLF99........Well according to your below post yesterday you have not been to Pattaya since May 2009? So when was this imaginary visit with the stray dogs? In your dreams?

Posted Yesterday, 22:24

I am not a doom monger but I have to say last time I was in

Pattaya April - May 2009 the place was very quiet. I know its low season

but workers were heavily outnumbering customers in most

establishments.

.I am not a business man but I think companys building all of these

new condo's and shopping malls are really going to flop in Pattaya.

Maybe not yet but give it a few years. The amount of apartments, bars,

shops and services are completely off key with the volume of toursits

and expats. It is complete madness.

I agree - total madness. the Russian Money is "black money" They are hiding it in cheap Thai Real Estate.

Your average Russian can hardly go the length of himself on a Holiday !!! Let alone buy 12,000,000 Baht Condos !!!

Current exchange rate for the Ruble to the Baht - 1 for 1....says it all ?

I remember 30 years ago when I was in India. Russians were "sent" on holiday there. The Indian Gov. was desperate to ally itself with any super power for Nuclear help and the Russians had bought all the old British Tea Plantations. Bus loads of them were dragged round the streets and markets of Calcutta...I think to show them how bad things were in other countries compared to Mother Russia...!!!

Strangely, all these years later the Russain people I see in Jomtien and Pattaya look identical. Even down to their clothes !!!

Maybe I am totally wrong...they are obviously all Multi Millionaires...thats why they stay in run down old hotels at the far end of Jomtien Beach and wear football strips they last used when they were 15....then buy 10 Condo units at a time ......

I only wish I had a crystal ball to see where Pattaya / Thailand is going over the next few years.....sadly I think further downhill...the Red Shirts are not going away just yet.

Dear Readers,

Lonewolf,

Do you have any idea what your are talking about after your 1 yes.......ONE visit to the site?

There has actually been alot of progress in past 9 months. I was there last July and also December. One year ago bldg B was barely a structure and it is near complete now. Bldg C and D were nothing but structure in place now.

Yes all would like the project to be complete on time but with the civial unrest/protests, general economy, currency fluctuation things can take longer.

Have other projects been completed on time, despite the aforementioned events? Just ask Thaifan and he will gloat how cunning he was to buy in Park Lane and not Suan Sawarn, a story many on the board have heard over and over. Although I am sure his unit in Park Lane still sits empty so what does a delay really matter.

Not sure if you have a scooby doo about what you are writing about. How would currency fluctuations affect the building of Suan Sawarn :huh:

Surely to commence building the appropiate amount of apartments would have had to have been pre sold. It's obvious that they have run out of money, it's as simple as that :o

>>Have other projects been completed on time, despite the aforementioned events? Just ask Thaifan and he will gloat how cunning he was to buy in Park Lane and not Suan Sawarn, a story many on the board have heard over and over. Although I am sure his unit in Park Lane still sits empty so what does a delay really matter. <<

Well i have already had two holidays at park lane .One with the family for a month and one alone for a week .Next month July we return for another week .I love it and think of it as a long term investment . :D

Dear Readers,

Lonewolf,

Not sure if you have a scooby doo about what you are writing about. How would currency fluctuations affect the building of Suan Sawarn :huh:

Surely to commence building the appropiate amount of apartments would have had to have been pre sold. It's obvious that they have run out of money, it's as simple as that :o

Would you rather buy a unit when you got 70bt per euro or 45bt? Do all building materials come from Thailand?

Edited by Rimmer
Flames deleted, next time a warning

>>Have other projects been completed on time, despite the aforementioned events? Just ask Thaifan and he will gloat how cunning he was to buy in Park Lane and not Suan Sawarn, a story many on the board have heard over and over. Although I am sure his unit in Park Lane still sits empty so what does a delay really matter. <<

Well i have already had two holidays at park lane .One with the family for a month and one alone for a week .Next month July we return for another week .I love it and think of it as a long term investment . :D

Thats good you can spend some time there and enjoy. I'm sure the rental market is in the dumps for now but hopefully recover someday. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

THE LONE WOLF IS BACK........to defend his comments..........

Someone on here said I had not been in Jomtien since May 2009....WRONG....May 2010......!!!

I cannot fathom how they thought that....I only joined Thai Visa this year.... and I work on a month on month rotation and base myself in Jomtien in my time off.

I have been coming to Thailand since November 2004.....

I do not wear Rose Tinted glasses when I visit building sites. Over a period of 4 days I visited 8 Condo develpoments. The best one I saw (and not finished yet Diamond Suites Thrapaya Road)

AND NO NO NO I do not work for them.........!!!!!!

I WAS accompanied by stray dogs to the office on the Suwarn site. ( or maybe they belong to the invisible workers and they are not stray )

I had to go through an assault course of mud and "home" made woodens steps and duck boards to get to the office - which by the way is the only "finished" section of this whole site. I did go after it had been raining the previous night ...what an idiot I am ???

Exchange rates - have everything to do with building costs. Where the hel_l does the iron ore come from to make the steel to support the concrete...? Probably Australia and then shipped to China to then to Thailand....they do not all use the Thai baht !!!!!!

I apologise sincerely if I come across as a doom monger. But since I live in a completed Condo that over looks the whole of the south of Jomtien I can see all the "unfinished" "never started" "half started" "finished" and completed to a very good standard developments poking up all over the sky line.

SO I thought I would add my two pennerth worth to this long drawn out string of postings....

Every one is entitiled to an opinion. My one is that sadly many of these developments are doomed to failure. I feel sorry for any one that has spent hard earned money on them never to get a return. Because but for the grace of Buddha, I might have been in the same boat.:jap:

Now I am off to pray for world peace and that the housing market in Thailand rockets through the roof and we can all live happily ever after in Cherry Tree Cottage off Rose Tinted Lane near Optimistic Avenue..................................sheeeeesh !

P.S. I would not be surprised if many (optimistic) posts on here are by the actual developer of this site.

Yours truly - the ultimate Cynic....

Edited by lonewolf99

Someone on here said I had not been in Jomtien since May 2009....WRONG....May 2010......!!!

I cannot fathom how they thought that....I only joined Thai Visa this year.... and I work on a month on month rotation and base myself in Jomtien in my time off.

I do not wear Rose Tinted glasses when I visit building sites. Over a period of 4 days I visited 8 Condo develpoments. The best one I saw (and not finished yet Diamond Suites Thrapaya Road)

I WAS accompanied by stray dogs to the office on the Suwarn site. ( or maybe they belong to the invisible workers and they are not stray )

I had to go through an assault course of mud and "home" made woodens steps and duck boards to get to the office - which by the way is the only "finished" section of this whole site. I did go after it had been raining the previous night ...what an idiot I am ???

Exchange rates - have everything to do with building costs. Where the hel_l does the iron ore come from to make the steel to support the concrete...? Probably Australia and then shipped to China to then to Thailand....they do not all use the Thai baht !!!!!!

I apologise sincerely if I come across as a doom monger. But since I live in a completed Condo that over looks the whole of the south of Jomtien I can see all the "unfinished" "never started" "half started" "finished" and completed to a very good standard developments poking up all over the sky line.

SO I thought I would add my two pennerth worth to this long drawn out string of postings....

Every one is entitiled to an opinion. My one is that sadly many of these developments are doomed to failure. I feel sorry for any one that has spent hard earned money on them never to get a return. Because but for the grace of Buddha, I might have been in the same boat.:jap:

Now I am off to pray for world peace and that the housing market in Thailand rockets through the roof and we can all live happily ever after in Cherry Tree Cottage off Rose Tinted Lane near Optimistic Avenue..................................sheeeeesh !

P.S. I would not be surprised if many (optimistic) posts on here are by the actual developer of this site.

I think you will find that Thailand is self sufficient in iron ore old chap :D

I've no more words about this project. Not a word to be said for 2 weeks now? Is there really no people who are visiting the site who can come up with any info?

I was there last week spoke to office and visited the park and suan sawarn. The park appears to have some people moving in wo title deeds expected in july. Suan sawarn appears bldg a complete bldg b well underway and c and d just structures. Bank releases funds in phases as most units had only 50% deposit they depend on bank financing. Latest status is ye 2010. Have some pictures available if anyone interested.

Yes progress has been slow and late but most posting their negative comments on the board appear to be competing projects.

I can see why lonewolf99 is upset now. The more condos developed will decrease the value and any rental opportunity of his condo.....thus his doom monger attitude. And seems his posts on other boards indicate he is not even in thailand.

I think you will find that Thailand is self sufficient in iron ore old chap :D

I can only quote from the following link - ref all minerals in Thailand... - you might notice iron ore production plummeting. But personally I never believe anything I read on the internet least of all on this site and on this post.....about a lost cause development....I refuse to post any more or read any more on this banal subject.

http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/Asia-and-Oceania/Thailand-MINING.html

I can see why lonewolf99 is upset now. The more condos developed will decrease the value and any rental opportunity of his condo.....thus his doom monger attitude. And seems his posts on other boards indicate he is not even in thailand.

You can meet me any time after the 16th of July.........when I return from my present work sojourn. :ph34r: its a secret where I am - if I told you I would have to kill you ....

AND WHY MUST YOU BE in Thailand to make a post - thousands of people are on here that are based elsewhere. At least I live there 50% of the time.

I do not own and never will own a condo - I only ever rent. :P