Security Tightens At Government House To Block Anti-govt Protesters

george

Sure the government would have no other chance than to declare a state of emergency in case the Government House would be raided.

Do these people (both PAD and Government) still care about the country or are they just masturbating their wishes of power and influence? I find it disgusting. They are not serving the country at this stage, just looking for their personal benefits!

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PAD seems determined to cause confrontation and bloodshed in the hope of enticing another coup to overthrow the democratically elected government.

To put things in true perspective here, we are looking at a very tiny fraction of the countries voters acting as a street protesting pressure group trying to oust the peoples choice of government. The PAD protesters represent less than 0. 03% of the countries voters at best. And that is being generous.

By showing restraint, the government is luring PAD organizers out into the open to reveal their true motive of inciting violence in the hope of triggering another coup.

and again.....where is a democratic elected government?? It is so boring every time again the same old argument......

for explanation why it is not a democratic elected government just read the previous postings. Instead of answering read the following postings :o

Okay Mr Wise PAD. I would like you to tell us how to get a democratically elected government in Thailand? You seems that you are so wise about all the PAD anti-government issues. So why dont you tell us how to stop vote buying \ curruption in Thailand and get fair result. In that I mean a NON Taksin party into government? Hmm I have a idea why dont we only allow Bangkok people to vote in a general election that has to be fair right? We have a democratically elected government then right? Go and join your Union friends and we want a military dictatorship at the PAD rally at government house.

the current constitution is a good way. While still insufficient (what are yellow cards, 5 year ban from politics, wouldn't be 5 year jail a better punishment?).

therefor they want to change the constitution.

PAD seems determined to cause confrontation and bloodshed in the hope of enticing another coup to overthrow the democratically elected government.

To put things in true perspective here, we are looking at a very tiny fraction of the countries voters acting as a street protesting pressure group trying to oust the peoples choice of government. The PAD protesters represent less than 0. 03% of the countries voters at best. And that is being generous.

By showing restraint, the government is luring PAD organizers out into the open to reveal their true motive of inciting violence in the hope of triggering another coup.

and again.....where is a democratic elected government?? It is so boring every time again the same old argument......

for explanation why it is not a democratic elected government just read the previous postings. Instead of answering read the following postings :o

You, almost alone, have been repeating this is not a democratically elected government.You have been told time and time again why you are wrong.No serious forum member agrees with you even the hard line anti Thaksin/Samak group.You have failed to produce any evidence for your case from a credible third party.You just keep repeating the lie again and again.Now that is boring.

Chamlong has today reiterated that they will use civil disobedience which is not violent.

3:10pm: Four policemen injured by protesters. Actions speak louder than words.

Edited by toptuan

ok , so it has passed the 5pm D Day deadline.... any news????????? will they break in to the goverment house?

A few hours ago Chamlong announced they wouldntHowever it seems the unions have supplied a bit of a heavy crew so it could be a bit unpredictable

The bigger question is where does all this end how to get there. We cant have endless street protests. We cant have governments that dont govern and just want to help their friends. We cant have the constant worry of coup or violence. We cant have rival groups confront each other on the streets Somewhere there has to be an accomodation of issues: a deal that will satisfy most. The trouble is it doesnt look like anyone is going to compromise and that means we may be looking at a train wreck. There certainly are not going to be any winners among ordinary people from this.

I get a bit fed up with people saying it is Bangkok against the poor. It is not just Bangkok, what about the entire South? And other swathes of the country? I am not from Bangkok yet I would march there today if I could. It is not a few rich people in Bangkok protecting their interest, they are just in a large city, therefore these things - people power - get mobilised. The previous regimes were democratically elected, but come on, it is not black and white. Just because a goverment is elected, does not give it impunity, and certainly does not mean that people cann't protest against it peacefully. Over 100,000 demonstrators and one policewoman sprained her wrist and another her thumb? Come on, be sensible. If this was in Europe, there would have been tear gas by now.

The short term solution for me to to push forward Thaksin's trials, once he is found guilty and locked up, which he will be if there is a fair hearing, then we can all get on with things. The long term solution is simply education.

Chamlong has today reiterated that they will use civil disobedience which is not violent.

O.K. let us consider the benefits of your " Actions speak louder than words " and add some observations.

No chance of them being infiltrators intent on starting pre arranged chaos then eh !!!!!!!!!

This is the only way trouble will start and escalate from a peaceful protest.

How on earth do you think these peaceful PAD demonstrators would benefit from such actions your quote implies ????????????????? and to who,s side of the scenario it really benefits, should it create a desired outcome .... PPP by any chance :o

marshbags :D

The PAD are a pressure group on several non-economic issues and it is not their job to run the country.

You don't actually read any of their nutcase pronouncements do you? One of ther demands of PAD is that the government fix all economic problems, including reducing the price of oil and other commodities.

"Not there job to run the country "- of course not, it is there JOB to f**uck it up.

I get a bit fed up with people saying it is Bangkok against the poor. It is not just Bangkok, what about the entire South? And other swathes of the country? I am not from Bangkok yet I would march there today if I could. It is not a few rich people in Bangkok protecting their interest, they are just in a large city, therefore these things - people power - get mobilised. The previous regimes were democratically elected, but come on, it is not black and white. Just because a goverment is elected, does not give it impunity, and certainly does not mean that people cann't protest against it peacefully. Over 100,000 demonstrators and one policewoman sprained her wrist and another her thumb? Come on, be sensible. If this was in Europe, there would have been tear gas by now.

The short term solution for me to to push forward Thaksin's trials, once he is found guilty and locked up, which he will be if there is a fair hearing, then we can all get on with things. The long term solution is simply education.

But the question is how to bring Thaksin to a free trial? He controls the government, he goes "shopping" in the courts. Alone the fact that the foreign ministers first thing he did was to give his diplomatic passport back, so it is even easier to avoid the courts....

There is no free trial as long he is in power. He will be in power as long there is no free trial. What civilize methods does the people have to get that fixed?

Clever omission of the word "slightly' that appears in the actual Nation story....

Four police sergeants are slightly injured during the clash with protesters on Nakhon Pathom Road.

The PAD are a pressure group on several non-economic issues and it is not their job to run the country.

You don't actually read any of their nutcase pronouncements do you? One of ther demands of PAD is that the government fix all economic problems, including reducing the price of oil and other commodities.

"Not there job to run the country "- of course not, it is there JOB to f**uck it up.

The government have been in power for several months now and i,m at a loss at to what they have achieved or done of worthy note on behalf of Their Beloved Country and it,s Citizens

On the other hand they have spent the majority of their governance trying to get the constitution altered on behalf of themselves to stay in power, the PM to escape a two year jail term plus more to come, reinstate the last party in power TRT and most important of all get Thaksin off the hook and reinstate all his ill gotten gains that are at present frozen pending several court cases and judgements, along with his TRT colleagues who face similar court enquiries for corruption, ect. ect.

Seems to me the PPP is intent on f**uck *ng Thailands future up and taking it back to the 20th century.

marshbags

It's like listening to a bunch of schoolkids telling tales!

Interior Ministry: "The PAD are smuggling narcotics and weapons into the area they are rallying."

The Police: "Mmmmmmmmm ... not that we are aware of."

Interior Ministry: "The police don't know about it."

A scream!

And at the end of the day, my neighbours boyfriend is going to come home from work at 2am, tooting his motorcycle horn all the way up the soi until someone wakes up and opens the gate without him having to dismount and my dog will start barking and my baby will start crying.

THESE are the issues folks!

Chanel 3 has apparently reported a crowd of 20 000, and, hold on, hundreds dead. :o Ridiculous attempts at scaring away more who want to join.

Correct !

We,ve got live ASTV here and there is no sign of anything more in movement terms than flag waving and on stage observations relating to the Protests

Seems the hundreds dead quotes are a shit stirring attempt to incite trouble from the paid no brainers of the ????????

marshbags

There is no business plan as TS did... so the expectations of this gov' didn't fulfill its words...

and... therefore the problems...

plus this whole country is wrapped up in corruption, so how can anyone benefit...

remember the poor cannot do anything to contribute to this corruptive goverment...

therefore the problems.

checks n balances...

slow down corruption... let things catch up.

corruption is impossible to stop, so slow it down.

All!!!! from these corrupt officials to the locals...

I've never seen a country so boldface to show its face in this.

Clever omission of the word "slightly' that appears in the actual Nation story....

Four police sergeants are slightly injured during the clash with protesters on Nakhon Pathom Road.

Black eye or broken arm. And your purpose for splitting hairs is . . . ??? :o

The real culprit of all that is unfolding in the mean time is quietly and conveniently out of the picture, while orchestrating his evil, and seemingly giving the appearance of an innocent party to all that has been taking place to reach the present situation and beyond.

What a truly evil, selfish B*s*ard he is !!!!!! Guess who ????????

marshbags :o and :D

Oh i forgot, he,s also setting up dodgy business deals in Cambodia and funding them with Thailands money he,s been stashing away and getting himself a handy piece of infrastructure built and guess who,s paying for that in addition.

Edited by marshbags

It could mean quite a signicant difference actually, more notecable was the original omission of 'slightly', followed with "Actions speak louder than words". Which was clearly designed to portray a certain image.

Of course it is all hypothetical without facts as to what really happened and the extent of the injuries, but your version (especially with the "Actions speak louder than words" comment) sounds like the protesters attacked the police with baseball bats and busted a few heads.

Slightly injured sounds like they tripped over their own feet while trying to get out of the way, fell down like a row of dominoes, skinned their elbows and have gone to the hospital for Bactine and Bandaids.

Its really good the way the Army are staying out of it and the police are avoiding confrontation. This is just normal democratic politics, part of government by talking (as opposed to government by shooting). It really doesn't matter if the PPP are good or bad, whats important is that political opinions be able to be expressed openly without repressive crackdowns. Of course, the PAD are under immense responsibility to keep it peaceful. If they resort to violence then the government would be justified in cracking down to restore public order.

I really hope this country keeps its head and resolves this peacefully.

You get demonstrations against governments in democracies all over the world and they are always in 0.0whatevers of the whole population. As Chavalit (usually quite close to Thaksin) today mentioned it is democracy in action. We should actually applaud demonstartions as people taking their role in civil society seriously. Many constituttions wotrld wide enshrine the right of freedom to ptrotest and some see it as another form of check or balance on government. Time will tell what the motives of people are.

I have never said protest demonstrations don't occur in functioning western democracies. And I have never said peaceful demonstrations should not be allowed or are not part of the democratic process. What I am saying is that when protesters ramp up the pressure on a government with intent to provoke a violent reaction and incite a military coup to overthrow the democratically elected government, it is a call for anarchy rather than democracy.

We should put these PAD demonstrations in their true context of Thai politics rather than just passing them off in the context of western democratic protests which never have the potential to cause an overthrow of the elected government by military force.

Yes, 0.03% have the right to protest and make their points heard in western democracies, and I applaud that freedom. But when 0.03% of voters have the potential to incite a military coup in order to overthrow the democratically elected government I tend to disagree.

Let me make the point here that while demonstrations in western democracies are designed to sway voters on certain issues in a democratic manner, this ongoing demonstration in Thailand by PAD is specifically designed to incite a military coup to overthrow the democrately elected government.

And at the end of the day, my neighbours boyfriend is going to come home from work at 2am, tooting his motorcycle horn all the way up the soi until someone wakes up and opens the gate without him having to dismount.

You must live in my soi?

You get demonstrations against governments in democracies all over the world and they are always in 0.0whatevers of the whole population. As Chavalit (usually quite close to Thaksin) today mentioned it is democracy in action. We should actually applaud demonstartions as people taking their role in civil society seriously. Many constituttions wotrld wide enshrine the right of freedom to ptrotest and some see it as another form of check or balance on government. Time will tell what the motives of people are.

I have never said protest demonstrations don't occur in functioning western democracies. And I have never said peaceful demonstrations should not be allowed or are not part of the democratic process. What I am saying is that when protesters ramp up the pressure on a government with intent to provoke a violent reaction and incite a military coup to overthrow the democratically elected government, it is a call for anarchy rather than democracy.

We should put these PAD demonstrations in their true context of Thai politics rather than just passing them off in the context of western democratic protests which never have the potential to cause an overthrow of the elected government by military force.

Yes, 0.03% have the right to protest and make their points heard in western democracies, and I applaud that freedom. But when 0.03% of voters have the potential to incite a military coup in order to overthrow the democratically elected government I tend to disagree.

Let me make the point here that while demonstrations in western democracies are designed to sway voters on certain issues in a democratic manner, this ongoing demonstration in Thailand by PAD is specifically designed to incite a military coup to overthrow the democrately elected government.

unsure.gifrolleyes.gif