Samui Car Hire

Hi guys,

I'll be in Samui early december, staying in Chaweng, and want to rent a car/jeep for the period. Any hints or tips on who to use? I was looking for something decent for 6 people- i.e. toyota fortuner or similar with full insurance. I arrive late in the evening, so no real point in hiring at the airport - next morning drop off / collection for the vehicle would be perfect (about 9 or 10am).

Any hints / tipcs / suggestions?

I don't want one of those 1.4 suziki bone rattlers' or a pick-up truck with a cab box on the back.....

Thanks a mil.

Hi guys,

I'll be in Samui early december, staying in Chaweng, and want to rent a car/jeep for the period. Any hints or tips on who to use? I was looking for something decent for 6 people- i.e. toyota fortuner or similar with full insurance. I arrive late in the evening, so no real point in hiring at the airport - next morning drop off / collection for the vehicle would be perfect (about 9 or 10am).

I don't want one of those 1.4 suziki bone rattlers' or a pick-up truck with a cab box on the back.....

Thanks a mil.

I recommand Budget. http://www.budget.co.th

You'll be fully insured. The other rental companies might let you think u are insured... until you have an accident.

Their prices are fair, and I think they have fortuners...

Also, I don't know if you plan to leave the island with your rental... but most rental companies wont allow you to do so. Budget does, tho.

have a nice stay in samui

Hi guys,

Thanks a mil.

I recommand Budget. http://www.budget.co.th

You'll be fully insured. The other rental companies might let you think u are insured... until you have an accident.

Their prices are fair, and I think they have fortuners...

Also, I don't know if you plan to leave the island with your rental... but most rental companies wont allow you to do so. Budget does, tho.

have a nice stay in samui

yes and with budget cars u can drop the car around the country for example u can drive it straight to bangkok airport and leave it there

agree, always go for the Brand name, as yes the local one may be a few hundred THB Cheaper, but without the insurance that Budget gives you, it could end up costing you alot more

i hired a car from avis in bangkok. i paid 400 baht extra for number 1 inssurence. funnily enough i went into the back of someone.. i did not have to pay nothing not even 1 baht.

not sure how much it is with budget. it is worth paying the extra no access is required

• 4 weeks later...
agree, always go for the Brand name, as yes the local one may be a few hundred THB Cheaper, but without the insurance that Budget gives you, it could end up costing you alot more

i hired a car from avis in bangkok. i paid 400 baht extra for number 1 inssurence. funnily enough i went into the back of someone.. i did not have to pay nothing not even 1 baht.

not sure how much it is with budget. it is worth paying the extra no access is required

I have used mastercarental.com

Proffesional service and outfit like budget or avis but cheaper, especially if you look out for web promotions.