Unfriendly People

balo

I am no fountain of knowledge where Pattaya is concerned ....

There appear to be greater number of Arabs and Russians - with the latter there is usually an inevitable growth in crime surrounding drugs and prostitution.

The girls seem to have abandoned the "it's up to you" pricing policy and second-rate girls in second-rate bars are now seeking 2,000 Baht +

I think, with the exception of most long-term resident Farangs, Pattaya now represents the worst of the East meets the worst of the West.

Unless someone can achieve a remarkable regeneration then I think Pattaya is past it's best and people will start to look for places lower down the evolutional curve.

Well Chaimai, glad that you stated your qualifications at the outset.

Pretty rude to assert that Russians are usually criminals.

If you are complaining about the higher prices for p4p, then as one that hangs out in 'second-rate bars' looking for bargains in some obscene classification system you have in your head, maybe you are part of the 'worst of the west' you despise?

Maybe you haven't finished evolving yourself.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nan...

You don't need a hard hat.

"Other fundamental changes include greed and demographics. There appear to be greater number of Arabs and Russians - with the latter there is usually an inevitable growth in crime surrounding drugs and prostitution. I can forsee 'turf wars' !

The girls seem to have abandoned the "it's up to you" pricing policy and second-rate girls in second-rate bars are now seeking 2,000 Baht +

I think, with the exception of most long-term resident Farangs, Pattaya now represents the worst of the East meets the worst of the West."

end of Quote

I myself don't fit any of those categories, except that I do come to Pattaya as often as I can.

So yes you are right in your words.. I am in the category of the worst of the west.

Then there is second rate girls....I am not one of them....

Let's not forget the Arabs and the Russians...I am not one of them either.

Roll out the red carpet though...here comes Chaimai

The pure of heart, innocent, always well spoken and super fantastic Chaimai is number 1 Uno neung super hero numero uno nummer eins.

We are glad you are back on board God

and thanks for not discriminating against gender, race or creed.

VERYVERY UNFRIENDLY Thai men on the beach today. 3 Thai men kicked the <deleted> life out of another Thai man. WOW. I don't think this is the type of FAMILY Destination activity that they want on the brochures.

The lead Thai man kicked the back of this poor guys neck about twenty times and then another cute guy, thug, straddled the lifeless, ailing Thai and pulled him and stretched him into a prezel-like configuration. No sign of police, ambulance, or any other volunteer.

NEVER MESS with these guys as they will kill you without hesitation. If they can do that to a Thai, imagine what they can do you a farang.

Whenever i stay in Pattaya i find the place great.Low season seems to bring out the laziness of the bg i think and all they want to do is eat food and expect customers to come in.This is not a problem for me as i go to that bar for drinks not to get a bg but many tourists are seeing this now.

Some of the more affluent tourists do not go to the shed type bars but only go to air con up market bars.For me i can do both as i love to see the good,bad and ugly of every place i visit,but i admit i like the finer things in life.

Well Chaimai, glad that you stated your qualifications at the outset.

Pretty rude to assert that Russians are usually criminals.

If you are complaining about the higher prices for p4p, then as one that hangs out in 'second-rate bars' looking for bargains in some obscene classification system you have in your head, maybe you are part of the 'worst of the west' you despise?

Maybe you haven't finished evolving yourself.

Nan Laew - I have not been here long-time like you and I repeat I am not an expert on Pattaya. however, I am entitled to my opinion of how I see things.

1. I did not say Russians were criminals, I said crime inevitably follows them around.

2. I don't care about prices - this is not an issue for me, but I know it is for many long-standing Farangs.

3. Not sure whi is hanging out in 2nd rate bars - was that you me ? If me, how do you know where I drink ?

4. I could easily become part of the worst of the west - given time and significantly less money.

5. I certainly have not finished evolving. Like you, I am early 50's and suspect any metamorphisis will not be complete for another two decades !

Now stop trying to be a smart arse and accept that everyone has an opinion - even if they are not "nan laew" :o

Roll out the red carpet though...here comes Chaimai

The pure of heart, innocent, always well spoken and super fantastic Chaimai is number 1 Uno neung super hero numero uno nummer eins.

I might be wrong but sense a touch of sarcasm. :D

Sorry if I (a) hit a chord or (:o was misunderstood.

I AM NO PATTAYA EXPERT.

I just venture an opinion based on what I have seen and heard. I don't think that is such a great crime.

Sorry if my views do not accord with your own but I believe Pattaya is changing for the worse - and I can only judge based on less than 3 years experience.

As I said this forum is, or should be, about voicing an opinion.

I voiced mine - I don't claim it to be gospel, simply my view

just my today's experience with Krung Thai bank on Sukhumvit Road.

Have to pay in some money on my wife's account. The only customer in the bank, I walk straight to the counter and that fat b1tch behind the counter greets me with "YOU! CUE NUMBER!!!" okok....I get me a cue number and come back.

She cannot read the number properly in the form I filled in (admittably, myu hand writing is terrible...)

I call the wife.

After this is sorted, I have to sit and wait and she is calling her colleague over. Whatever she said was not really clear, but the words "Farang" and "Puying" were ringing through very clearly...they whisper to each other, looking at me and finally get this transaction done.

Never will walk into this bank again with my Thai Visa shirt... :o

I'm sure the service would not be any better service if you took it off :D

I am entitled to my opinion of how I see things.[/b]

1. I did not say Russians were criminals, I said crime inevitably follows them around.

2. I don't care about prices - this is not an issue for me, but I know it is for many long-standing Farangs.

3. Not sure whi is hanging out in 2nd rate bars - was that you me ? If me, how do you know where I drink ?

4. I could easily become part of the worst of the west - given time and significantly less money.

5. I certainly have not finished evolving. Like you, I am early 50's and suspect any metamorphisis will not be complete for another two decades !

Now stop trying to be a smart arse and accept that everyone has an opinion - even if they are not "nan laew" :o

Time for the smart arse to call bs Chamai. I have been absent for 15 years so you can take my 'long term' residency qualification with the same pinch of salt needed when the Bushes declare Texas as their home. You have every right to express your opinion and we are agreed on Briggsy's take on the demise of Pattaya compared with other resorts. However, you are backpedaling now and saying your opinion is based on what several 'long term resident farangs' have told you, so it's based on anecdotal evidence at best. But earlier, you speak in the first person with

I no longer see the same novelty in Walking Street where, on my first visit, I really was like a rabbit in the headlights. The girls in Soi 6, 7 etc no longer look as attractive/sexy/happy as before - I certainly haven't become more attractive or discerning but maybe once the novelty has gone, so has the sparkle.

You are still out there, walking the streets, trying to detect the girl that REALLY means it when she calls you handsum man... then you will pop in for a drink, only to be disappointed once again.

Here you are generalising and simply regurgitating what the tabloid press says. You even originally forecast 'Turf wars'. Or was that what someone else was thinking? Crime follows a certain small segment of Russian society, just like there's undesirable segments in other nationalities and countries. It may be a hard to swallow but I met a scouser family here last weekend but they seemed different from their usual kind.

This shows an admirable, albeit unusual caring streak in you. You are flush with cash and money is no object but you are writing on behalf of those who are fiscally challenged? The ones that have overspent their retirement nest eggs? It's getting a bit deep in here.

3. Not sure who is hanging out in 2nd rate bars - was that you me ? If me, how do you know where I drink ?

Stop hiding your light under a bushel. Be honest, it's you that's doing the comparing and not these 'long term resident farangs' that confide their concerns about uncaring service girls and less freebies than before. You and I drink in the same place, btw.

There's that 'I have lots of money' assertion again. Does having that extra cash make p4p itself any more or less rewarding? Does it ease the conscience after the fact? You have loads of it so where's your beef about paying a bit more for 'quality' five years on in your Pattaya development? Inflation is EVERYWHERE after all.

5. I certainly have not finished evolving. Like you, I am early 50's and suspect any metamorphosis will not be complete for another two decades !

I am sure with your deep pockets, you could eke out another +10 years on that eh? Like myself, you are still a handsum man after all... or do you wanna buy some of my magic formula?

I think part of the reason why the bars are not like they use to be is because there is no smoking allowed anymore, there seems to be more people smiling outside than inside now, sat next to the ash tray. A smoker or not a smoker, smoking and drinking go together, and now its banned.

"smoking and drinking go together" yer right u can kill yourself twice as quick and infect everyone else around who don't want passive smoking, its great that cigarettes are banned in an air coned environment

One finds it hard to have a an opinion as i am not a tourist and get treated like an expat by many of the girls.Most know i have a longterm gf and i dont get stitched up.However last monday i decided to have a drink on naklua rd and got talking to a young english guy who said i was the first expat who had bothered to say hi to him in over 1 week.I dont think expats have got an attitude problem,more likely they know the rules and scoff at many tourist who overtip,get dragged into stupid relations for a couple of weeks etc etc.My attitude is tlak as much as one can with tourists and try to help them.

am sure with your deep pockets, you could eke out another +10 years on that eh? Like myself, you are still a handsum man after all... or do you wanna buy some of my magic formula?

Do you REALLY have some magic formula - now I could do with some of that ! :o

... or do you wanna buy some of my magic formula?
Do you REALLY have some magic formula - now I could do with some of that ! :D

Let me guess.

This "magic formula" wouldn't happen to be aged about 20 years, cloaked in a variety of skimpy attire, and available in large, ever changing quantities at various venues around Pattaya (and other places to a limited degree) ? :o

Quote: Kerryd

Let me guess.

This "magic formula" wouldn't happen to be aged about 20 years, cloaked in a variety of skimpy attire, and available in large, ever changing quantities at various venues around Pattaya (and other places to a limited degree) ? :D

If that is the case, can I please order TWO :o

Quote: Kerryd

Let me guess.

This "magic formula" wouldn't happen to be aged about 20 years, cloaked in a variety of skimpy attire, and available in large, ever changing quantities at various venues around Pattaya (and other places to a limited degree) ? :D

If that is the case, can I please order TWO :o

Sounds like Kerryd's magic formula is probably a lot more intense than my stuff. I think we need to meet and at least discuss the of possibilities here. Does it come in a six-pack? Two for each of us?

Quote: NanLaew

Sounds like Kerryd's magic formula is probably a lot more intense than my stuff. I think we need to meet and at least discuss the of possibilities here. Does it come in a six-pack? Two for each of us?

Hmmm!

Take away or eat in - has the makings of a good night out :o

• 3 weeks later...
Friendly Pattaya exists - I think perhaps its the sour puss farangs that visit there that might need the attitude adjustment.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Isn't it great - we agree on something.

Wow... Tropo is on the same wavelength. A Kodak moment indeed.

do you believe the tourists who have spent thousands of dollars to get to a false dream that has been sold to them arrive with a bad attitude? The answer is no!! The attitude is a learned thing. The sharks are swimming all over that place.

The van drivers from Bangkok will steal anything they can!! The hotels rip us off at every oppertunity. We pay for a room (overpriced) and when we meet a lady and pay a big bar fine to rent her, the hotel wants us to pay the same as a bar fine to take her to the room that is already payed for <deleted> is that!!. Then the sweet little thing turns into a snake and gives grief to the customer. What a joke, Pattaya is a big ripoff for any tourist!! Too bad, You and your town are going down big time soon. With the internet the word is out there. Pattaya is an overplayed stain on the rest of this wonderful country. It is a place for sailors on leave and not for tourists who want to experience Thailand. I hope you enjoy your kodak moment !

So what you are saying is that you just came to Pattaya to pick up hookers and take them to your hotel, and you're upset because it cost you money. :o

Well, the good news is you probably won't be back. Maybe the "sharks" will starve to death with you not being around to feed them.

I've been taking taxis and buses to/from Pattaya for over 15 years now, and never been ripped off. I've stayed in nice hotels, and when I've found other nice hotels that were cheaper, I went there instead.

As for the rest, well, I'd say that the "other half" of the equation isn't always to blame, and the way you treat them goes a long way in determining how you get treated yourself.

Yes you are right. WHY WOULD ANYONE GO TO PATTAYA EXCEPT FOR SEX ? Give me a break, it is a hookers paridise, it is sex city.

If it wasn't for the sex trade it would be a fishing village. The water sucks, I never saw anyone swimming off the beach as in Phuket and other lovely beaches in Thailand. It is the most unfriendly place

I have ever visited in Thailand. Everyone is out for the dollar, pound etc. I can only hope that the ladies

are tested for HIV and other highly contagious viruses on a regular basis. Do you know if this is true? Thanks

Friendly Pattaya exists - I think perhaps its the sour puss farangs that visit there that might need the attitude adjustment.

Totally agree BM. Try going back to LOS (Land of Sorrow or otherwise known as the UK). Go into your local pub wait for 15 minutes to get served hand over a sh*t load of money and see if you get a smile off the bar staff. Then sit down and enjoy your pint while your surrounded by whinging blokes. I know where Id rather be.

Leave your moaning for when you get back home.

There is objectively quite alot of unpleasantness in Pattaya, especially for those who walk around alot and are exposed to it directly. Take a clue from the Thais: zone out unpleasantness (like hawkers and unwelcome solicitations) and zone in when you want to focus on the good stuff. It works for me. I wouldn't trust a city that was too friendly, the warts give this city an interesting edge for me. I like the stain comment. Perhaps another new slogan for Pattaya: The Big Stain, or the Hub of Stains.

Edited by Jingthing

Yes you are right. WHY WOULD ANYONE GO TO PATTAYA EXCEPT FOR SEX ? Give me a break, it is a hookers paridise, it is sex city.

If it wasn't for the sex trade it would be a fishing village. The water sucks, I never saw anyone swimming off the beach as in Phuket and other lovely beaches in Thailand. It is the most unfriendly place

I have ever visited in Thailand. Everyone is out for the dollar, pound etc. I can only hope that the ladies

are tested for HIV and other highly contagious viruses on a regular basis. Do you know if this is true? Thanks

I want you to explain the hotel surcharge of having a guest in my room. It is not common anywhere I have visited in Thailnd excet Pattaya.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Isn't it great - we agree on something.

Wow... Tropo is on the same wavelength. A Kodak moment indeed.

You guys are nuts, do you believe the tourists who have spent thousands of dollars to get to a false dream that has been sold to them arrive with a bad attitude? The answer is no!! The attitude is a learned thing. The sharks are swimming all over that place.

The van drivers from Bangkok will steal anything they can!! The hotels rip us off at every oppertunity. We pay for a room (overpriced) and when we meet a lady and pay a big bar fine to rent her, the hotel wants us to pay the same as a bar fine to take her to the room that is already payed for <deleted> is that!!. Then the sweet little thing turns into a snake and gives grief to the customer. What a joke, Pattaya is a big ripoff for any tourist!! Too bad, You and your town are going down big time soon. With the internet the word is out there. Pattaya is an overplayed stain on the rest of this wonderful country. It is a place for sailors on leave and not for tourists who want to experience Thailand. I hope you enjoy your kodak moment !

Yes, tourists go elsewhere! Leave all the evil and dirt for us sex tourists who know how to enjoy what pattaya was really intended to be!

I want you to explain the hotel surcharge of having a guest in my room. It is not common anywhere I have visited in Thailnd excet Pattaya.

Actually it is quite common, and not just in Thailand, and has been going on for years.

Many places that charge extra if two people are staying in a room (booking in at the same time). Two people are more likely to use more towels/soap/toilet paper etc.

And (most) hotels (in Thailand) that charge a "guest" fee also (often) will keep your "guests" ID cards upon check-in, and when your "guest" leaves, the better places (that tend to charge more), will (so I've been told) check with you first to ensure that every thing is OK, before giving your "guest" back her ID card.

But unless you arrived on a packaged tour, with hotel paid for in advance for the duration of your stay, I don't see why you couldn't just change to a cheap dive hotel that could care less how many "guests" you bring back, or if they rob/murder you, or if their staff swipes every thing from your room while you are out.

Swimming at the beaches ? I've seen a lot of it, but then, I don't live in Pattaya for sex.

So papajohn, why do you come here? Why are you so concerned about the hookers, STD's and AIDS? Why are you so familiar with having 'guests' in your hotel room?

Why are you so unfriendly?

I earn my living in this area (not related to the activities you mentioned) and I like to stay here. You are just not smart enough to understand and live here. If you think, nobody is after your money in Phuket, you are a dreamer.

I am sorry to say that you indeed used stereotype stupid arguments. What's wrong with you?

Just take you wife to your room and there is no surcharge :o

If you pay for other guests....hmmm....it is new to me that there is a surcharge, maybe except for the Marriott, Sheraton, Royal Cliff...