Name Me Some Cheap Hotels Right Near Nana Plaza

Farside

It's been a long time (like never) since I traveled on such a limited budget as the OP, even so, I can't remember using taxi drivers to negotiate on my behalf. I'm thinking this one may win my BTW (Bizarro Thread of the Week) award.

The majestic is 1.80 GBP dearer Mate & not bad, the Dynasty is another 2.50 GBP dearer & again it's better, i doubt if it will break the Bank... :D

It may do mine haha, It's very low on funds :o I may have to just stay a few days to party and then high tail it away after that before i run out of coin, Is the Majestic Suites very close to Nana Plaza complex? How far walking distance is it?

Thanks. :D

Majestic Suites backs onto NP.. If you are in a back room high up, you look down into it.

The difference in price we are talking about is roughly the price of a beer or lady drink.

I stayed in the Royal Asia Lodge at the bottom end of soi 8 for 1100 a night. Was adequate. Very near Lolitas as well which is probably more within your budget!

I recommend Agoda.com for cheaper hotel prices. Better than through the hotel web page, but you have to pay in advance.

Edited by tw25rw

I stay at the nana tai manson in soi 4. Please note the spelling as it is spelt tai not thai as per other posts. They have a free tuk tuk which takes you up soi 4 to the party area. If your mate could not find nana plaza in soi 4 then i suggest he is blind, deaf, stupid and dumb.

Anyway it is nothing flash but it is ok, They will tell you 1200 baht but tell them you do not want breakfast and you will get a room for 900 baht. I have never booked only ever show up, never had a problem.

http://www.nanataimansion.com/nanatai.htm

P.S absolutley astounded your mate stayed in soi 4 and could not find nana, I say it is impossible unless he is a f**Khead

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi;here's my 2Baht worth- White Orchid Inn ; is about 50metres from Nana Plaza; .Has some Semi-permanent Brits.

No Website; but: phone 02 6564670 [email protected]

Price is around 600Baht-last time I checked.

Hope this helps.

If moneys tight best stay away from Nana Plaza altogether. Assuming its the night life thats attracting you you would do better heading straight for Sin City ( Pattaya) from the airport. Cheaper hotels, cheaper drink and cheaper sin.

When I first visited Bangkok I got through quite a few hotels. I stayed at:

- Nana tai manson

- Majestic Suites

- Grace Hotel

- Landmark

- EverRich

- Town Lodge

...errr and some others.

Now Landmark was lovely but way out of the price range. I thought Nana tai mansons was a dump (but who cares, I had a bed), Majestic Suite was nice, if you can save a few extra pennies I thought EverRich was nice (despite a crazy fight outside), didn't like Town Lodge. As for Grace Hotel... I don't know why everyones always so down on the place. My room was decent (far far better than Nana tai manson). Hmm... maybe I was lucky. As for middle eastern people - they don't bother me in the slightest.

Anyways, just my thoughts.

When I first visited Bangkok I got through quite a few hotels. I stayed at:

- Nana tai manson

- Majestic Suites

- Grace Hotel

- Landmark

- EverRich

- Town Lodge

...errr and some others.

Now Landmark was lovely but way out of the price range. I thought Nana tai mansons was a dump (but who cares, I had a bed), Majestic Suite was nice, if you can save a few extra pennies I thought EverRich was nice (despite a crazy fight outside), didn't like Town Lodge. As for Grace Hotel... I don't know why everyones always so down on the place. My room was decent (far far better than Nana tai manson). Hmm... maybe I was lucky. As for middle eastern people - they don't bother me in the slightest.

Anyways, just my thoughts.

If you're a regular guy, Majectic Suites is the winner among that group. If you've got money to burn, the Landmark is pretty sweet also.... and just a couple blocks away.

Great yet another cheap Charlie added to the tourism repetoire.

Saving money on accomodation, to be able to squeeze the services of an additional Isaan "girl-of-the-night" into the budget.

Higher quality tourists, please.

Next.

Unico Leela Hotel with www.sawadee.com about Thb 1050/1150

If someone is looking for a cheap hotel that is decent. I highly recommend the Leela. It is very affordable, you can get the executive suite for 1200 bht. It's not anywhere near a 5 star, maybe close to a high 2 or low 3. But it's clean, the staff are friendly. Its almost across the street from Bumrungrad Hospital, next to the river, on soi 3, so it's easy for a taxi to find. No loud bar, in fact no real bar at all. Decent free breakfast... It's only about a 5-10 minute walk to Nana Plaza. I've stayed there quite a few times and enjoyed my stay.

• 2 weeks later...

Saving money on accomodation, to be able to squeeze the services of an additional Isaan "girl-of-the-night" into the budget.

Next.

Reading this sort of post I normally think, 'another holier-than-thou who has never been with a bargirl' but with this OP I think any response goes.

Unico Leela Hotel with www.sawadee.com about Thb 1050/1150

If someone is looking for a cheap hotel that is decent. I highly recommend the Leela. It is very affordable, you can get the executive suite for 1200 bht. It's not anywhere near a 5 star, maybe close to a high 2 or low 3. But it's clean, the staff are friendly. Its almost across the street from Bumrungrad Hospital, next to the river, on soi 3, so it's easy for a taxi to find. No loud bar, in fact no real bar at all. Decent free breakfast... It's only about a 5-10 minute walk to Nana Plaza. I've stayed there quite a few times and enjoyed my stay.

When was the last time you stayed there? The rooms are horribly run down and at night you get to deal with the wonderful assortment of drug dealers just steps away...

Next.

Reading this sort of post I normally think, 'another holier-than-thou who has never been with a bargirl' but with this OP I think any response goes.

I actually think I might have been a little harsh writing that post.

Sometimes it just gets to you seeing distorted male beings treating the place you live like a urinal. Not necessarily implying that the OP is aforementioned species as I have not yet seen him fat-bellied with tit-imprinted wifebeater, back with "wall-to-wall" carpet, smelling like raw sewage on a good day, wearing Speedos in the light-of-day in Emporium. Nor seen him utterly harassing some poor girl in front of his likewise disgusting mates by trying to de-clothe her just because she will offer no real resistance. Nor heard him screaming c*nt when a waitress at my favorite pool spot won't give his simple minded a** a new beer for free, because he, being loaded to the limit, spilled it all over himself.

Papirico comes to mind.

-End of rant-

Edited by DB84

• 2 years later...

I was also going to suggest the Napp Inn . They had a web site but i can't find it now to post it. Was about 900 THB per night.

There is also the Ibis down Nana Tai and they do have deals/ specials occaisionally. Not a big fan of Ibis but they are clean and if you like the minimilist look

in hotel rooms they could be worth a look too. Try both their website and Agoda for the best price.

Edited by xen

FuramaXclusive SukhumvitSukhumvit Road, Soi 01 1457 THBincl.Oasis Inn BangkokSukhumvit Road, Soi 01 1189 THBincl.Legacy Express BangkokSukhumvit Road, Soi 01 1183 THBincl.Special RateJW Marriott Hotel BangkokSukhumvit Road, Soi 02 6000 THBMajestic Grande SukhumvitSukhumvit Road, Soi 02 2464 THBincl.recommendAspen SuitesSukhumvit Road, Soi 02 1367 THBincl.recommendMarcopolo Serviced ApartmentSukhumvit Road, Soi 02 1105 THBZenith Sukhumvit Hotel BangkokSukhumvit Road, Soi 03 2039 THBincl.Grand Lucky HotelSukhumvit Road, Soi 03 1614 THBNana Hiso HotelSukhumvit Road, Soi 03 1529 THBincl.Grand Inn HotelSukhumvit Road, Soi 03 1189 THBincl.Unico Express @ SukhumvitSukhumvit Road, Soi 03 680 THBPinnacle Sukhumvit InnSukhumvit Road, Soi 03/1 765 THBThe Landmark BangkokSukhumvit Road, Soi 04 2464 THBMajestic SuitesSukhumvit Road, Soi 04 1088 THBincl.Special RateThe Dawin BangkokSukhumvit Road, Soi 04 (Nana) 1317 THBrecommendHeaven@4 HotelSukhumvit Road, Soi 04 (Nana) 1274 THBRoyal Ivory Nana Resort & HotelSukhumvit Road, Soi 04 (Nana) 1274 THBincl.Nana HotelSukhumvit Road, Soi 04 (Nana) 1232 THBincl.Boss Suites HotelSukhumvit Road, Soi 04 (Nana) 1189 THBincl.Omni Tower Serviced ResidencesSukhumvit Road, Soi 04 (Nana) 1189 THBincl.Nanatai MansionSukhumvit Road, Soi 04 (Nana) 935 THBWoraburi Sukhumvit Hotel & ResortSukhumvit Road, Soi 04 (Nana) 807 THBrecommendBel-Aire Princess BangkokSukhumvit Road, Soi 05 3016 THBincl.recommendAmari Boulevard BangkokSukhumvit Road, Soi 05 1953 THBincl.recommendRoyal Benja HotelSukhumvit Road, Soi 05 1521 THBincl.Special RateBangkok Sahara HotelSukhumvit Road, Soi 05 977 THBincl.Phachara SuitesSukhumvit Road, Soi 06 1903 THBincl.recommendDynasty Inn GrandeSukhumvit Road, Soi 06 1784 THBMac Boutique SuitesSukhumvit Road, Soi 07 1572 THBincl.The Park HotelSukhumvit Road, Soi 07 1147 THBincl.On8 SukhumvitSukhumvit Road, Soi 08 1953 THBincl.Adelphi SuiteSukhumvit Road, Soi 08 1911 THBincl.recommendCitadines Bangkok Sukhumvit 08Sukhumvit Road, Soi 08 1245 THBSpecial RateSalil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8Sukhumvit Road, Soi 08 1147 THBincl.recommendRoyal Asia LodgeSukhumvit Road, Soi 08 849 THBincl.City Lodge Soi 09Sukhumvit Road, Soi 09 1104 THBCentre Point Sukhumvit 10Sukhumvit Road, Soi 10 2082 THBincl.Special RateParadiso Boutique SuitesSukhumvit Road, Soi 10 1232 THBincl.Special RateGolden Pearl ResidencesSukhumvit Road, Soi 101/1 1020 THBrecommendThe Monmanee Travel & Life Style HotelSukhumvit Road, Soi 107 1147 THBincl.President Solitaire Hotel and SpaSukhumvit Road, Soi 11 2888 THBincl.Fraser Suites SukhumvitSukhumvit Road, Soi 11 2719 THBincl.Special RatePresident Palace HotelSukhumvit Road, Soi 11 2038 THBincl.recommendGrand President BangkokSukhumvit Road, Soi 11 1698 THBincl.Ambassador Hotel BangkokSukhumvit Road, Soi 11 1487 THBincl.Special RateCitadines Bangkok Sukhumvit 11Sukhumvit Road, Soi 11 1436 THBincl.Special RateSwiss Park HotelSukhumvit Road, Soi 11 1020 THBincl.Citi Chic Boutique Suites Hotel