Carpenter ?

palander

I am looking for a carpenter or a handyman for something very simple. I guess they are hard to find in Chiang Mai ?

Not hard to find, there are lots of them that are quite good in a variety of areas. I use one guy that sells joke from a push cart in front of a market in the mornings but does good cement and carpentry work.

I used a group of others that ripped out a concrete pad, covered a well, poured a larger pad, welded a steel frame work for a roofed carport, put on the roof and a false ceiling with recessed lights, tore down part of a wall and made the gate bigger, welded on an extension to the gate, painted the carport, wall, and the house.

Now these people work only with Thais so their prices are Thai prices. Someone who frequently works Farang housing areas will have an entirely different pricing schedule, so..... use your Thai contacts to find one. I would think any Thai that has lived somewhere very long will know some.

I am looking for a carpenter or a handyman for something very simple. I guess they are hard to find in Chiang Mai ?

Not hard to find, there are lots of them that are quite good in a variety of areas. I use one guy that sells joke from a push cart in front of a market in the mornings but does good cement and carpentry work.

I used a group of others that ripped out a concrete pad, covered a well, poured a larger pad, welded a steel frame work for a roofed carport, put on the roof and a false ceiling with recessed lights, tore down part of a wall and made the gate bigger, welded on an extension to the gate, painted the carport, wall, and the house.

Now these people work only with Thais so their prices are Thai prices. Someone who frequently works Farang housing areas will have an entirely different pricing schedule, so..... use your Thai contacts to find one. I would think any Thai that has lived somewhere very long will know some.

Does the guy sell any blond jokes? Those are my favorite!

. . . . .

Now these people work only with Thais so their prices are Thai prices. Someone who frequently works Farang housing areas will have an entirely different pricing schedule, so..... use your Thai contacts to find one. . . . .

If he does, I would be curious as to the difference between his Thai and Farang prices for blond jokes.

. . . . .

Now these people work only with Thais so their prices are Thai prices. Someone who frequently works Farang housing areas will have an entirely different pricing schedule, so..... use your Thai contacts to find one. . . . .

If he does, I would be curious as to the difference between his Thai and Farang prices for blond jokes.

And the differences between "Thai b :o londes" and falang blondes

Not hard to find, ..... use your Thai contacts to find one. . . . .

Does the guy sell any blond jokes?

If he does, I would be curious

And the differences between

So the reference to blond jokes is because I suggested using Thai contacts; you think the OP has none or he would already have asked? If not, the reason for mentioning jokes is so subtle it slipped by me since the work I described was just completed earlier this year.

If he doesn't have Thai friends and does not speak Thai, he could go to a Farang friend who lives in a big development and search out handyman/contractors who have done work in there. Just walk around and look for the same type of task (if it is an outside one he can see like adding an awning or patio cover) and ask the homeowner for a name. Or go to the development's sales/after-sales service office and ask them for names and phone numbers. But be prepared for a higher price for the same work.

If he speaks Thai, he can go in front of the local market (e.g., Kad Gom) and ask some of the store owners if they know of someone who can do kitchen counter installations, or whatever. Look for stores that seem to have been recently remodeled and he/you will probably get a name in one stop.

So the reference to blond jokes is because .........

Boy, do I feel dumb now that I have had my coffee and my brain is working a little..... selling joke in the market

Oh well, what can I say? I got so wrapped up considering how the OP could find a handymen I didn't think (not a too uncommon problem for me).

Edited by noise