Advice On Bringing Thai Girl To Uk

I know a lot has been said on this forum re visas for thai girls to the uk. But i would like advice on the best way to bring my thai girl into the uk. i suspect that a fiance visa would be the best way-what time scale would i be looking at and what is involved. I apologise in advance if some of this is old ground but i really would b/car appreciate some good advice. i have own house/job &car etc. and yes she was/is a bar girl. tho very young and very nieve. :o

Hi Sparky,

If your fiancée wishes to come to the UK you have to prove that you've met, you are both free to marry, you can take care of her financially, you can accommodate her, and that you intend to marry and live together permanently.

Your fiancée has to make an application at the British embassy in Bangkok and supply various documents in order to satisfy the above rules. She would have to show your wage slips, your bank statements (6 months' worth), your mortgage statement, a copy of your passport, your/her divorce papers if previously married, and any other proof of your relationship (photos, e-mails, letters, greetings cards etc). There follows a link for the application form. Everyone who applies for this type of visa is interviewed and the waiting time from the date of application to the date of interview as of 30/9/04 is 9 weeks.

Should your fiancée get the visa she would be allowed to stay in the UK for 6 months during which time she would be expected to marry you. If she doesn't she would have to return to Thailand. Providing you marry she would then permitted to stay for a further 2 years and after that indefinitely.

Scouse.

Thanks Scouse,

from the other posts on this forum i was sorta hoping that you would take the time to reply to me.

Are there any major pitfalls to this process--should i send my docs over to thailand to my fiance now as i am going over there in jan so that the 9 weeks might match.

do they require all their documentation at the application or interview stage

and what are the chances of sucess in your experience

once again thanks for takin the time to respond to me

Hi Sparky,

There are no major pitfalls. Providing that your fiancée can satisfy the rules she will get the visa. Most of the rules are black and white; you either qualify or you don't. The only subjective rule is the one about intention to live together. Whether your fiancée passes that test will depend upon what she says at her interview. At the least, the visa officer will expect her to have a good knowledge of you and your circumstances in the UK. Another factor is how long you have known each other and how long you've actually spent together.

There is nothing preventing your fiancée from applying for her visa now and presenting the supporting documents on the date she's interviewed. The cost is £260.00 payable in baht at the time of application and which is non-refundable if the visa is refused. Ideally the documents should be originals although it is possible to have copies certified as being genuine. But, as I say, you can take the originals with you and give them to your fiancée in time for her interview.

As I won't be the visa officer assessing your fiancée's application and as I don't fully know your circumstances, it's impossible to say as a certainty whether your fiancée will get the visa but there follow the exact immigration rules and you can judge for yourself whether she'll get it:-

290. The requirements to be met by a person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom as a fiancé(e) are that:

(i) the applicant is seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom for marriage to a person present and settled in the United Kingdom or who is on the same occasion being admitted for settlement; and

(ii) the parties to the proposed marriage have met; and

(iii) each of the parties intends to live permanently with the other as his or her spouse after the marriage; and

(iv) adequate maintenance and accommodation without recourse to public funds will be available for the applicant until the date of the marriage; and

(v) there will, after the marriage, be adequate accommodation for the parties and any dependants without recourse to public funds in accommodation which they own or occupy exclusively; and

(vi) the parties will be able after the marriage to maintain themselves and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds.

Cheers,

Scouse.

I think you have probably saved me thousands in legal fees there Scouse.

One last question can the visa form be obtained in the uk to take out to thailand as i would probably like to fill it out before as much as i could and take it out there and do the rest with her then go back out for the interview--probably just another excuse to go bak out there but hey why not.

once again i am in your debt

Sparky