Learning English In Buriram

Chaimai

I shall be grateful if anyone can steer me in the right direction for English lessons in Buriram province.

Chaimai, Buriram is a huge province, could you narrow it down a little.

If you are talking about the Buriram township, there are quite a few places to learn English.

I will be only to happy to pass them on if that is the case.

I shall be grateful if anyone can steer me in the right direction for English lessons in Buriram province.

Chaimai, Buriram is a huge province, could you narrow it down a little.

If you are talking about the Buriram township, there are quite a few places to learn English.

I will be only to happy to pass them on if that is the case.

Binnsy - I don't want her learning a Suffolk dialect, I have had 20+ years of that :o

Prakhon Chai would be the ideal location but I appreciate that I would be very lucky to find a teacker there. Buriram township is a possibility but just adds a few logistic issues.

Thanks

Got a mate martin who teaches English, he teaches private out of school hours, no offence to English teachers in Thailand, but this guy can speak and write Lao, Khmar and Thai, and been teaching in top schools in thailand for 15 years plus. also he has a very good reputation, some of you guys from Buriram maybe know him.

Got a mate martin who teaches English, he teaches private out of school hours, no offence to English teachers in Thailand, but this guy can speak and write Lao, Khmar and Thai, and been teaching in top schools in thailand for 15 years plus. also he has a very good reputation, some of you guys from Buriram maybe know him.

Thaicoon - thank you.

Where is Martin based.

(sorry - I was on a friends PC when I posted earlier)

If a Thai person wanted to learn proper and PRACTICAL English or a native English speaker wanted to learn practical Thai and they live in or near Amphur Satuk in Buriram Province I can highly recommend Mr. Tongin. He is a polite retired school principal who lives in Satuk. I feel I get value when I see the progress of my wife, two nieces, daughter and sister in law who are his students. He provides the booklets and worksheets, is always on time and in our case he comes to our veranda for lessons. Previously when we had no suitable front porch our family members went to his front porch not far from the wet market in downtown Satuk. He has a great reputation in Satuk among the Thai school teachers and he was the perfect person to bring to the local Police station to translate when I was the victim of a hit and run by a municipal employee driving a large municipal truck. The Police know and respect him and he is now called by the police to translate for Fa rang who have dealings at that office. No funny business on the financial arrangements, he keeps a ledger.

There must be other similar retired school teachers in all areas of Thailand who supplement their Teacher pension by conducting English lessons.

post-20604-1215411089_thumb.jpg

post-20604-1215411124_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Sawasdee

I was reading your comments with interest.

I have a 6 year old son staying with his grand parents in Satuk and going to school there.

when he was 4 years old, he spoke quite a bit of English which he learned in Khorat. Unfortunately his mother has now sent him (against my will) to her parents and to school in Satuk and he has forgotten all his English.

I am trying to set up something for him to learn English so that we can communicate during my frequent visits to Thailand.

would you be able to give me a contact address for this teacher or even a phone number?

would you also happen to know what he charges?

any help would be appreciated, thanks

Beat Hofer

Mr. Tongin current telephone number is 080-4842-881 He teaches Thai to Expats and English to Thai children and adults. The financial dealings are very fair and clear. He has a suitable front porch at his home very near the "Satuk Wet Market" for lessons. His lessons for my extended family has made communication much better.

Mr. Tongin current telephone number is 080-4842-881 He teaches Thai to Expats and English to Thai children and adults. The financial dealings are very fair and clear. He has a suitable front porch at his home very near the "Satuk Wet Market" for lessons. His lessons for my extended family has made communication much better.

kamalamabob, can you remind us of the financial consideration.